BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More kean lies

ABBEY

Steve Kean is now practically blaming the previous manager and owners over the Hoilet situation because he was only given a 2 year contract by them!, seriously can these cretins not sink any lower, Kean and the owners have had over 12 months to try and convince him to sign up to a new contract, But from Hoilets point of view what has happened in the last 12 months that would give him any reason to want to stay if a bigger team wants him(or just any team not run and managed by clowns).

Argh. The man's intolerable. Is he honestly criticizing Allardyce for signing Hoilett up for two years? When he can't get Hoilett to sign one for love or money? Oooh dear.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he hasnt blamed allardyce/williams in name, but he has said in at least 2 interviews ive seen in past day that only giving him a 2 year deal 18 months ago(whilst allardyc/williams/ect.. where still in charge) was a big mistake, And to be fair at the time he sighned his last contract he wasnt playing well and didnt look very impressive, so they where prob right to only offer him a short deal at the time.

he hasnt blamed allardyce/williams in name, but he has said in at least 2 interviews ive seen in past day that only giving him a 2 year deal 18 months ago(whilst allardyc/williams/ect.. where still in charge) was a big mistake, And to be fair at the time he sighned his last contract he wasnt playing well and didnt look very impressive, so they where prob right to only offer him a short deal at the time.

Contracts are negotiated. Two years was probably the best we could agree on, since we know Hoilett's dad likes to play hardball. Kean's just passing the buck because Hoilett wants to leave the sinking ship.

Contracts are negotiated. Two years was probably the best we could agree on, since we know Hoilett's dad likes to play hardball. Kean's just passing the buck because Hoilett wants to leave the sinking ship.

But wee Steve promised us he would sign a new contract, what happend?

he makes the accusation here http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-duo-Chris-Samba-and-Junior-Hoilett-cannot-be-had-cheap-warns-boss-Steve-Kean-article849785.html hes quated here in latest mirror article.

'Kean is unhappy that the previous Rovers regime only gave Hoilett a two-year deal in the first place, saddling him with a problem that is adding to his woes.'

'Kean is unhappy that the previous Rovers regime only gave Hoilett a two-year deal in the first place, saddling him with a problem that is adding to his woes.'

What a pathetic excuse of a man, he's had more than twelve months to sort Hoiletts contract out.

02/09/11

Judge Us Now

“I think I’ve always said judge us at the end of the window,”

“I’m delighted for the owners and the fans that we could assemble a squad as strong as we have. I think the transfer window has been very good, very positive.”

We have judged and seen Mr Kean and the Venkys to be not good enough. That strong squad is close to relegation.

He also asked that we judge him after 6 winnable games starting with Wigan away where he was confident we would pick up points. From a possible 18, we got 4. You should try and find that quote!

What a pathetic excuse of a man, he's had more than twelve months to sort Hoiletts contract out.

To be fair this is more a problem for the higher powers at the club to deal with. Of course there are no higher powers to speak of beyond the idiots in India.

What a fantastic post from Krypton. If anyone questioned or doubted the predicament Blackburn Rovers are in, just read that. We're as good as gone.

I still read here regularly but this position is depressing beyond my comprehension of the word.

He also asked that we judge him after 6 winnable games starting with Wigan away where he was confident we would pick up points. From a possible 18, we got 4. You should try and find that quote!

Have been looking for that quote but havent found it yet - nearest has been this LT article.

All the quotes above (and some more) will be published on the website I have been developing this last couple of weeks (not far from completion).

Has he not just done the same with Adam Henley only giving him a 2 1/2 years which is normal for young players like him and Hoillet when they just get in the first team so blaming others is just covering his inabilities to get him to sign.

Krypton,

Top post and qualified by the statements Kean has made during his disastrous tenure at Rovers, this is the kind of thing to be sent to the press by way of a press release, indeed, much of the problems Kean has had, have been of his own making, he thoroughly deserves the stick he is getting.

In my mind, even if he has been let down by the owners, a proper man would have shouted it to the media, if the owners sacked him, he gets a pay off, unless of course, like all Rovers employees nowadays, they are all gagged!!

26/12/10

v Stoke (2-0 defeat)

"I don't like to make excuses because that is not the way I am."

"When you look at the personnel in the squad that isn't available it is very difficult to get a balance on the pitch."

"That is not an excuse, the lads who were in there I think understood their roles."

Has made an excuse after every defeat, injuries being a consistent one that has continually cropped up.

10/01/11

Marquee Signings

"I don't think that we'll go for a high-profile signing now, that will be in the summer and I'm confident there will be one in the summer."

No Marquee signings to date have been made

23/03/11

Myles Anderson

"We feel that Myles Anderson is a player with great potential as a late developer."

"He could become something of a Chris Smalling who came through late in football and Myles has done the same because of his schooling."

Has yet to make a first team appearance.

31/04/11

v Blackpool(2-2 Draw)

"Sometimes you get a run of games where you don't get anything but, with the exception of the second half against Aston Villa, I would say in every single game we didn't get something from there were spells we could have been ahead."

Every game starts 0-0 and every game will have at least one chance for a team to score.

02/02/11

Keeping Players

"In the past, as part of the financial state the club was in, the club had to sell players."

"The owners now have a financial stability where they don't have to sell players."

In Jan 2012 the club has to sell players as the owners do not wish to invest any money.

30/04/11

Owners Presence

"They have purchased some property in the area and I think that will be all ready for next season. They plan to be at a lot more games and

possibly expand more businesses with the club in the UK."

"I think they will be here in presence a lot more next year."

Have rarely made visits on match days the last being against Wigan, were they left at half time.

23/05/11

After avoiding relegation

"Obviously there would have been financial implications and the squad would have been decimated. We hope we can keep the squad together, strengthen in areas where we know we need help. It is not replacing players it is giving them help"

Perhaps a prediction for summer 2012? Squad is weaker now as proven by injuries, and lack of senior cover.

25/05/11

Summer Transfer Budget

"It was important to know what type of budget we had and it`s very healthy. The wage bill won't be cut, there will be funds available."

"It's a very competitive budget. Miles bigger than Rovers have had in the past."

Squad reduced in size.

Spent around: £15.5m ; Received around £23.4m.

In 1998/99 Rovers spent around £29m

09/08/11

Bruno Ribeiro

"Bruno, or Denis after Denis Irwin the boys call him because he never gives the ball away, will fill in that position and that is great for us,"

Has yet to make a first team appearance.

23/08/11

v A. Villa (1-3 Defeat)

You feel disappointed more than pressure. Looking at the stats after the game we are in Villa's box 36 games and they are in our box 36 times. They have had 11 shots and we have had nine. I don't think there was anything in the game"

The only stats that matter are Points, Goals For & Against NOT number of times in opponents box.

01/09/11

David Hoillet

"We have agreed in principle a deal which has not been signed yet as there are a few minor things to sort out. It's a long contract. We are confident it will be done and dusted in the next 24 hours."

Still not signed a new contract and likely to leave the club soon.

02/09/11

Judge Us Now

"I think I've always said judge us at the end of the window,"

"I'm delighted for the owners and the fans that we could assemble a squad as strong as we have. I think the transfer window has been very good, very positive."

We have judged and seen Mr Kean and the Venkys to be not good enough. That strong squad is close to relegation.

12/09/11

Squad

"We had backing in the window, and have a competitive squad, so we have a squad that will finish in the top half."

More than half way through the season and the squad is 20th in the table!

17/09/11

Protests

"The most important thing is 99% of the fans didn't demonstrate."

"Hopefully the 1 per cent who protested will go home happy with today's result,"

This remark upset many fans and many more than 1% called for Mr Kean to resign at the next game.

26/09/11

Squad

"Some of the players who perhaps haven't had much of a run this season could get their chance. Obviously if the injuries tot up then the lads that have the opportunity have to grab that."

"If they get given the chance then they have to take it and these times are always a time when you look at the depth of the squad and thankfully we have other players in these positions and they can come in and play."

Steve Kean confirms his belief that the squad has strength in depth.

Not much later in the season he bemoans the amount of injuries and that he needs to add to his squad in January.

30/09/11

John Jensen

"We can't say much about it but it was a board decision and the search has started for a new assistant manager."

John Jensen was sacked by the board and not Mr Kean without explanation.

22/10/11

Points Tally

"We have a points tally in mind for us to finish in the top 10 and we are slightly off it at the moment but I would stress it is very, very slight."

"You can look back, and we have to be careful we don't do that, but you can look back and think about what if we had scored those goals against Everton and things like that. We can't do that because those points are gone."

Blackburn will be lucky to finish 17th never mind top ten. Kean still brings up the Everton game.

23/10/11

Experienced Players

"It does affect you when you lose a player like Michel, who has such experience, and we have missed Ryan for a long time and David Dunn is important because Steven Nzonzi plays better with him."

Michel Salgado has now been frozen out at Ewood because the club do not want to activate a contract extension.

23/10/11

v Tottenham (1-2 Defeat)

"I don't know if it's a large section and I'm not paying attention to anyone who's staying behind."

Kean continues to antagonise fans after stating earlier in the season that he believed protest numbers would decrease.

28/10/11

Fans clash with a member of staff.

"I was not aware of that but I will certainly investigate it."

"I spent most of my time on the edge of the technical area."

"If anything occurred I will certainly investigate it and speak with John Newsham, our safety officer, to make sure that nothing untoward happened."

Steve Kean promises to launch investigation into verbal abuse aimed at some Rovers fans by a club employee during a match.

Nothing has been heard on this subject since.

06/11/11

Protest Plane

"I didn't see it (the plane). I don't know what it said. The players will probably become disappointed with that, though."

"I would understand and look at it if we were not playing well, not working hard and not creating chances and if we looked terrible. It is the total opposite though."

"The players are not enjoying any negativity but we are solid as a group and we will win together and lose together."

"It does not affect the players, it doesn't affect the staff, it doesn't affect the owners."

"I think it will probable dwindle because we didn't feel any negativity from within the ground anyway."

Kean was photographed looking directly at the plane he did not see. Kean also ignored the fact the only reason the plane was hired was that protest banners had been banned by the club.

29/11/11

v Cardiff (2-0 Defeat)

"We are in a position where we have forfeited going through and having the chance to reach a cup final."

This was later retracted in a statement

04/12/11

Transfer Targets

"We'd like to bring a midfielder and a striker in,"

"We will also look to see if there is excess money available. Then we'd like to strengthen other areas. But we are a little bit light in midfield. We have been since the start of the season."

In two transfer windows so far Steve Kean has signed 10 players and let go 13 players. The squad is of his own making.

21/12/11

Defensive Injuries

"We don't have Martin Olsson or Gael Givet or Scott Dann or Ryan Nelsen, so we have a make shift back four and can't manage to get a clean sheet."

No mention of Salgado who is fit and ready to play but has been frozen out. Or the 2 defenders signed by Kean who can not get a game.

29/12/11

Transfer Targets

"I don't know if they know what they can afford. I have just been asked to compile a list of players in the areas in which we want to strengthen and after initial talks, that were very positive, we are trying to get people in very quickly."

This after several weeks of "talking" to the owners about possible transfer budgets and apparently he still has no idea?

Could have used the link, atomicsoda it should be sent to every journo in the land and as others have said questioned.

Have been looking for that quote but havent found it yet - nearest has been this LT article.

All the quotes above (and some more) will be published on the website I have been developing this last couple of weeks (not far from completion).

I think I heard him saying it in a press conference that I saw on Sky Sports News. I don't remember reading it. Maybe harder to find because of it. But it was right after the Chelsea game in November if I remember correctly, just before that run of games began.

The 'winnable games' may of been what Andy Cryer described it as with Kean saying it slightly differently??

Nearest I can find is this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16019219.stm

"I'm always positive and we now have a good run of games," Kean added. "The best thing for us to do would be to pick up points, go on an unbeaten run and climb the table, and if they want to protest then, then there something else at the bottom of it.

I swear I remember Kean saying last season when Hoilett was playing well that he didn't want to distract him by discussing a new contract yet. Well look where that's got us - anyone remember him saying similar or able to dig up some quotes?

It was around the same time he was giving the senior players new contracts to try and get them on his side. Yet now he has the cheek to blame others!

Distracting Hoillet with his imcompetent team talks....I mean contract talks.....is mentioned here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9432490.stm

Strange how prior to the Swansea game and the three home games he was looking for 'maximum points' from he said this

'We have had key players missing and it is a fact we have had to deal with. But now we are in a position where we can get players like Samba, Salgado and Olsson back available for selection.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2069277/Blackburn-manager-Steve-Kean-targets-maximim-points-home-games.html

Then jump to after the Bolton debacle and injuries was THE big excuse despite the team looking like it didn't know what the hell it was doing.

Archived