BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Training With The Reserves?

Guest Rovers4Good

Guest Rovers4Good

Salgado - Waste of time...can feck off for me...cost us lots of points this season

Roberts - Rubbish.

Andrews - A joke at this level

Danny - Coming back from injury.

What's the problem ???

What's the problem? Well where do you start, ok we are bottom of the league how's that?

Roberts might be rubbish but coming on as a sub i'd rather have him than penguin feet Goodwillie, Salgado yes he's past it and think someone of his calibre and someone who has a track record should be treat far better than training with the reserves. Andrews, i'd rather him play than Dunn as Dunny can only do 2 or 3 runs a game and then he's knackered whereas Andrews can at least last 90 minutes. Dann agreed. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah MGP is the reason we are bottom of the league. Just him. True story.

That's not what I said? I'll try to clarify: the fact he is playing regularly shows how dire our midfield options are. Our lack of options means we have to field a p*ss poor midfield, that offers no protection to the defence. This is one of the main reasons we concede at least 2 per game and are bottom of the league. Not *all* down to MGP but he's certainly played his part.

That's not what I said? I'll try to clarify: the fact he is playing regularly shows how dire our midfield options are. Our lack of options means we have to field a p*ss poor midfield, that offers no protection to the defence. This is one of the main reasons we concede at least 2 per game and are bottom of the league. Not *all* down to MGP but he's certainly played his part.

Agreed he has played his part in our poor showing. So have 20+ others.

It seems to me that MGP is an immediate target for some reason, but the logic and evaluation given to his failings ignored when evaluating others in the squad. Just like Branagan, Windy Miller, Sellars, Wilcox, Andrews, Atkins,Roberts, Jimmy Quinn and many, many others before him.

For balance, please provide the same in-depth evaluation of all our other players failings as well. It will be a very long post.

I am of the opinion that playing MGP at left back or on the left wing leaves him wide open to criticism. I think we established 18 months ago he was best played left of a central three. Chucking him in at left back will only cause chaos and the manager should be blamed, not the player trying to help the team.

Chuck Robbo upfront and then bitch about his ability to hold the ball up, beat the defenders for pace, make tellings runs and score goals.

It seems to me that MGP is an immediate target for some reason, but the logic and evaluation given to his failings ignored when evaluating others in the squad. Just like Branagan, Windy Miller, Sellars, Wilcox, Andrews, Atkins,Roberts, Jimmy Quinn and many, many others before him.

Could it be because, I don't know, he's pants?

At this moment in time, I would welcome Andrews back. Club no money to buy. Andrews gives more than Dunn. Ok defending as well. Scores the odd goal. If rovers are paying him, may as well.put him in the shop.window and play him.

Agree. Its the sorry state of affairs. How no one have been able to adress our midfield problems (except Jermaine Jones) is stunning. Lechuck was right when he said we should spent the Dann money on a DM instead.

Could it be because, I don't know, he's pants?

We have a lot of poor players. MGP represents a conundrum that we are all aware of. We see him struggling, but all of our managers continue to play and select him, including International managers. Perhaps you would like to try and explain why? My objection is to the selection of one player for criticism in a struggling team environment.

On topic, making players play with the reserves is normally a punishment. What have the lads mentioned done to deserve being punished? It would be much more apt to let Kean manage the reserves and let these players train together.

Jordan Slew, David Goodwillie, Radosav Petrovic, Morten Gamst Pedersen at left back, Lowe at right back. Kean (the player) on the bench.

Kean (the player) is Jake Kean the goalkeeper. Slightly unfair as to imply that any of those players should be on the bench ahead of him. Every team needs a sub keeper. Even if ours is so terrible that Rochdale sent him back

We have a lot of poor players.

We do. Look over the forum, they're all getting stick. Certain people seem to mollycoddle Peds, for some reason. Is it those boyish good looks?

MGP represents a conundrum that we are all aware of. We see him struggling, but all of our managers continue to play and select him, including International managers. Perhaps you would like to try and explain why? My objection is to the selection of one player for criticism in a struggling team environment.

Arguing from authority doesn't actually tackle the points raised against Pedersen. Jonnolad made this very same fallacy ad nauseam re: Andrews.

Wasn't Mark's argument that Pedersen is an example of why our midfield is so weak? He's a spent force who can't tackle, can't pass, concedes possession, and isn't even that hot at set-pieces anymore. Yes, our options are limited, which is exactly why the likes of Peds can walk into our team.

We do. Look over the forum, they're all getting stick. Certain people seem to mollycoddle Peds, for some reason. Is it those boyish good looks?

>>>>>>>>>Well he is very cute, but that is not overly relevant to me....;) I much prefer your avatar!

Arguing from authority doesn't actually tackle the points raised against Pedersen. Jonnolad made this very same fallacy ad nauseam re: Andrews.

>>>>>>>>>It was a genuine question. I presume you don't have an answer why they all select him?

>>>>>>>>>I would not query the criticism if was playing poorly in his best position. But he clearly isn't a left back so forget those two games, is too slow to play left wing and was never a central midfielder.

>>>>>>>>>>How often has he played left centrally as part of a three? You are judging him where Kean picks him.

Wasn't Mark's argument that Pedersen is an example of why our midfield is so weak? He's a spent force who can't tackle, can't pass, concedes possession, and isn't even that hot at set-pieces anymore. Yes, our options are limited, which is exactly why the likes of Peds can walk into our team.

>>>>>>>>>>Not sure why you think tackling was why we originally signed a left winger, its a bit silly saying he can't pass and you will find we create chances and score pretty regularly from set pieces he takes.

I would imagine he shows enough in training to continue to be selected ahead of others and it would appear that a series of managers are happy with the contribution he makes, even if you are not.

Although the players mentioned shouldn't be playing in the first team, I don't think they should be being treated like they are. Especially Salgado who deserves a lot more respect than he's getting.

By the way I think the games that Andrews played in defence were the best he's ever played for us.

Totally agree, Andrews at right back was really assured and I thought he did a great job.

Agreed he has played his part in our poor showing. So have 20+ others.

For balance, please provide the same in-depth evaluation of all our other players failings as well. It will be a very long post.

I am of the opinion that playing MGP at left back or on the left wing leaves him wide open to criticism. I think we established 18 months ago he was best played left of a central three. Chucking him in at left back will only cause chaos and the manager should be blamed, not the player trying to help the team.

Chuck Robbo upfront and then bitch about his ability to hold the ball up, beat the defenders for pace, make tellings runs and score goals.

I mentioned a good few weeks ago that it was largely player (especially defensive) errors that were to blame for many of the defeats and conceding late. The inbreds amongst us said that it was purely Kean's fault that the players shirked tackles, watched people waltz past them and lost their men at any given opportunity :rolleyes:

A large number of the players have severely underperformed IMO and forgotten the basics. They have got off very lightly given that there are so many issues at the club.

It was a genuine question. I presume you don't have an answer why they all select him?

Because Pedersen has been popular with several managers does not dispute the flaws exemplified by myself and others. Titus Bramble's been picked by several managers in the PL, that doesn't mean I'd want him anywhere near our defence.

Also, if I remember rightly, he was dropped towards the end of last season and wasn't missed AT ALL.

I would not query the criticism if was playing poorly in his best position. But he clearly isn't a left back so forget those two games, is too slow to play left wing and was never a central midfielder.

Can't play left-wing (his original position), can't play left-back and isn't a centre-midfielder. Which begs the question, what *IS* his position?

How often has he played left centrally as part of a three? You are judging him where Kean picks him.

I'm judging him on performances. He's been a passenger for too long in this team and a example of neglect left by the previous ownership. He should have gone in 2010, when no one else wanted him, but because we didn't have a pot to p*ss in, Allardyce & JW decided to stick instead of twisting and -somehow- tied him down for another four years.

Not sure why you think tackling was why we originally signed a left winger, its a bit silly saying he can't pass and you will find we create chances and score pretty regularly from set pieces he takes.

Strawman. No one said we bought Pedersen for his bone-crunchers. However, if you're playing in midfield, especially a holding role since Peds runs through treacle, you need to tackle and keep possession. He can't do either, which is proven this season alone with the sloppy ass goals he's given away. The only thing going for him is that occasionally he chips in with the odd set-piece.

I would imagine he shows enough in training to continue to be selected ahead of others and it would appear that a series of managers are happy with the contribution he makes, even if you are not.

That must be true. He certainly doesn't show enough on the pitch, that's for sure.

Not sure how this has ended up as a MGP bashing session. I'm with Jim.

Now more than ever I am glad Pedersen is around. Please tell me one player in the squad with a better dead-ball deliver and work-rate?

Making Salgado, Roberts and Andrews training with the reserves is poor. It's not the sort of thing Blackburn Rovers do.

Now more than ever I am glad Pedersen is around. Please tell me one player in the squad with a better dead-ball deliver and work-rate?

Making Salgado, Roberts and Andrews training with the reserves is poor. It's not the sort of thing Blackburn Rovers do.

Work rate in itself doesn't mean a great deal. When I was playing I could and would run all day, my workrate was outstanding, sadly that in itself didn't bring an invitation to play for Rovers. It's outcomes that matter. I've seen Pedersen run back with opposing wingers/wing back loads of times,trouble is he can't tackle so the opponents still get meaningful crosses in though.

To get out of this position we need battlers in centre midfield not players who float around like sugar stealers.

As for Salgado and Roberts I wouldn't give them another contract either. I wouldn't have given them their last ones, and I said so at the time. Andrews at present is probably good enough to play in the first team which tells you all you need to know about the likes of Pedersen etc.

What's the problem? Well where do you start, ok we are bottom of the league how's that?

Roberts might be rubbish but coming on as a sub i'd rather have him than penguin feet Goodwillie, Salgado yes he's past it and think someone of his calibre and someone who has a track record should be treat far better than training with the reserves. Andrews, i'd rather him play than Dunn as Dunny can only do 2 or 3 runs a game and then he's knackered whereas Andrews can at least last 90 minutes. Dann agreed. :)

Was going to post then figured this summed up what I was thinking. Only thing I'd care to add is that perhaps Salgado whilst finished at rb could do a job in defensive midfield where pace may be less important.

Also I'm not a football manager or whizz at maths but surely if they have 9 games (or however many left) before triggering a new contract you'd play them for 7 or so, especially if you know you're going to get other players coming back from injury later on. You use all your resources to the full potential.

Another thing it shows, is how shockingly bad the squad is. Two of our worst players in recent times, plus a player over the hill and totally past it - yet I'd take all three in a heartbeat over some of the shower that have put on the rovers shirt recently.

Totally agree, Andrews at right back was really assured and I thought he did a great job.

I wouldn't sell Andrews. He's better than most options we have.

It is the sort of thing Kean might do, however.

I actually like MGP. And for those saying he can't tackle, you need to watch the video of MGP taking Kean to the ground.

How do you think MGP played Den at weekend?.... ;)

Can't shoot, can't pass, can't tackle, can't tie his shoelaces, can't, can't, can't, etc?

Archived