BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Indian Media

Apart from some clear inaccuracies, thats a pretty good read and I hope will be seen by many people in India (Kamy- any idea of readership numbers?). Thanks to those Rovers fans who played a part in getting a quite lengthy article compiled and published.

I have felt for a while (since talk of taking out a full page 'article' in Indian press several months ago) that the only way to have any impact on Venkys would be to embarass them in their own national media. I hope this is about to happen. Not sure what the outcome will be but they deserve all the criticism they could get and hopefully some shaming into action through being painted as an Indian business failing in the international market.

The newspaper is widely read, this will hit Venky's hard in terms of bad PR and business community in India looking at what they are doing. This is a big step and will hopefully lead to more media picking up the story.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The newspaper is widely read, this will hit Venky's hard in terms of bad PR and business community in India looking at what they are doing. This is a big step and will hopefully lead to more media picking up the story.

Kamy, do you think that Indian business/industry:

a.) Won't already be aware of Venky's failure in owning a football club?

b.) Will care about the situation at Blackburn Rovers?

c.) Will see it as any reflection upon Venkys abilities in running their core businesses?

Kamy, do you think that Indian business/industry:

a.) Won't already be aware of Venky's failure in owning a football club?

b.) Will care about the situation at Blackburn Rovers?

c.) Will see it as any reflection upon Venkys abilities in running their core businesses?

A) They deffo are not aware about what has happened over the last 14 months.

B and C are difficult to comment on, but they will ask question about them because of where this article has appeared. The is a big break through because it is the first time someone from India has looked at the issue, hopefully this will now lead to other people looking at the issue. Venky's have not been talking to Indian media recently but this should lead to them having to talk to them.

It's all about raising awareness in India and by doing that putting pressure on the owners to sort this mess out.

Lets see.how venkys.react to this. It should embarrass them to action. Invest, put club up for sale. Though could also mean a sale of players.

But basically time to put up or sell. Every rovers related website should have this article on their site. It needs to be widely read.

They contacted me and Wayne Wild last week did the Econmic times, however we both chose not to comment on the current issue's to the Indian media on this instance, I forwarded their questions to me and the contact to PhilipL and he said he would send some info across to them, so hopefully he had some imput.

I have read the article and it has some good bits and some which could easily be brushed under the carpet, there is also many inconsistancies. Its good the Indian media have challenged a few of the issue's, however Venkys are fully aware of the goings on here, and I feel this will not cause a ripple or see them lose a minutes sleep over it.

We are football supporters who do not need to conquer India, we are supporters who need to protect our club, and that work is here in Blackburn, their continued absence will ultimately see them lose millions, and eventually throw the towel in.

They contacted me and Wayne Wild last week did the Econmic times, however we both chose not to comment on the current issue's to the Indian media on this instance, I forwarded their questions to me and the contact to PhilipL and he said he would send some info across to them, so hopefully he had some imput.

I have read the article and it has some good bits and some which could easily be brushed under the carpet, there is also many inconsistancies. Its good the Indian media have challenged a few of the issue's, however Venkys are fully aware of the goings on here, and I feel this will not cause a ripple or see them lose a minutes sleep over it.

We are football supporters who do not need to conquer India, we are supporters who need to protect our club, and that work is here in Blackburn, their continued absence will ultimately see them lose millions, and eventually throw the towel in.

Glen, you say you can't see the coverage in India causing a ripple but what have the protests/coverage in Blackburn achieved? Is it not worth trying a different tack? I personally feel adverse media coverage in India has more chance of affecting any kind of change than what has happened in England so far or possibly could do.

This is in no way meant to undermine or belittle any of your efforts, which I have been in support of. But I am confused as to why an 'attack' on a different front would be something that you would not support whilst looking to continue a domestic effort that I cannot see has had any impact whatsoever.

Glen, you say you can't see the coverage in India causing a ripple but what have the protests/coverage in Blackburn achieved? Is it not worth trying a different tack? I personally feel adverse media coverage in India has more chance of affecting any kind of change than what has happened in England so far or possibly could do.

This is in no way meant to undermine or belittle any of your efforts, which I have been in support of. But I am confused as to why an 'attack' on a different front would be something that you would not support whilst looking to continue a domestic effort that I cannot see has had any impact whatsoever.

I never said I do not support it, hence why I forwarded details to Philip...

India is a big place, and one were most of the country have never heard of Venkys or have any interest in Blackburn Rovers. Ultimately its what Venkys does with Blackburn Rovers that matters, and not any brand damage which occurs out there.

If Venkys choose to sell anything worth any cash and let the club then go under, they would walk away with a massive profit and in business terms a profit is a profit, regardless of how you make it.

Venkys are fully aware of the supporters unrest and the supporters concerns, they get a full daily report of what is being said in the UK media and also are fully aware of the protest, their direction and why supporters are unhappy.

Yet they choose to do nothing, This is a test of nerve, do they back down and invest? Do the supporters back down and let the club fall without a fight? or do Venkys come to the table and start running the club as it should be and put their money where their mouth is?

India is a big place, and one were most of the country have never heard of Venkys or have any interest in Blackburn Rovers. Ultimately its what Venkys does with Blackburn Rovers that matters, and not any brand damage which occurs out there.

If Venkys choose to sell anything worth any cash and let the club then go under, they would walk away with a massive profit and in business terms a profit is a profit, regardless of how you make it.

Venkys are fully aware of the supporters unrest and the supporters concerns, they get a full daily report of what is being said in the UK media and also are fully aware of the protest, their direction and why supporters are unhappy.

Yet they choose to do nothing, This is a test of nerve, do they back down and invest? Do the supporters back down and let the club fall without a fight? or do Venkys come to the table and start running the club as it should be and put their money where their mouth is?

Sorry, by 'not support' I meant not contribute to- just interested why on this one you didn't want to add your comments/input to ensure the article was as accurate and free of errors as possible, but I think you have answered that above.

I agree its a test of Venkys nerve, and I feel that when you are testing someone's nerve in order to try and get them to change their stance then the more pressure that can be applied from different angles the more likely it is they will change their approach. So I can only see the article as a positive and the more of this coverage that appears both in UK and India the better.

But business is business. They will not like a business publication having ago at their incompetence on how they have run the club. If owning rovers has a bad impact on their other business they will not like that either.

But business is business. They will not like a business publication having ago at their incompetence on how they have run the club. If owning rovers has a bad impact on their other business they will not like that either.

It attacks their integrity. And being a publication that a lot of business people will no doubt read will affect their reputation.

Would you like to be associated with a company that will soon have a global reputation of destroying ex premier league champions.

Fall from grace at the speed of a comet.

I'm not so sure SAS. There's has been very little interest from the Indian media so far. Will this be more than a ripple? Taking a small town club like Rovers down a division, so what? Hell, some of our fans down at Ewood STILL don't see the problem!!

Now if we were a cricket team in the IPL...

It attacks their integrity. And being a publication that a lot of business people will no doubt read will affect their reputation.

Would you like to be associated with a company that will soon have a global reputation of destroying ex premier league champions.

Fall from grace at the speed of a comet.

When people are successful in business, news of that spreads throughtout the business community. News of failure spreads even faster. Takes years to earn a good reputation, yet a few seconds to lose it again.

This article in the Indian media about venkys owning Rovers, added to the other legal situation Mrs D is involved in will not do their reputation any good at all.

This news of failure will spread and make others, who may have considered working with Venkys, a lot more cautious.

• 2 weeks later...

Bang on. THE reason they bought the club, or so we were led to believe, was to promote their brand on the Gobal

market.

They MUST be regretting that now. At best they look like absent Landlords. At worst they look like reckless, clueless business buffoons.

Either way it doesn't look good, therefore, Global Brand Promotion FAIL !

Keep trying Venkys......

Archived