BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Indian Media

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but the Indian Media is starting to take an interest in Venky's ownership of Blackburn. The Economic Times, New Delhi are currently in touch with Andy Cryer about doing a piece. And I have just read on twitter that Kamy has done a piece for a respected Indian publication and is wanted by two tv channels to do an interview. Apparently, they are also sending a camera crew to the Newcastle match. Kamy may want to expand?

This is big news and another nail in Venky's coffin. This one will undoubtably be the biggest...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is big news and another nail in Venky's coffin. This one will undoubtably be the biggest...

To clarify, I don't think we should be wanting nails in Venkys' coffin. The Venkys' coffin is, by extension, the Rovers' coffin. Something to be avoided, if possible.

What I think needs to happen, and the fans are attempting it via protests, new stories, etc., is an intervention. Venkys have made a terrible mess of things. Much like one relative to another, I hope the fans want Venkys to clean up and pay attention, get its affairs in order. Not that they check into the metaphorical morgue.

I think Venkys need to be embarrassed. I'm not sure what else will cause it to take action and clean up its act as it is still on the downward spiral. It has damaged the club and ignored the fans. Its representative, Kean, seems to be at war with the fans. Its former agent appears to be implying sinister motives to the fans. All in all, Venkys needs a kick in the pants. And the interviews with Indian media may achieve that result, so good job whomever is responsible. :tu:

You suit yourself. I want nails in the Venky's coffin. So much so that they have to sell Rovers at a knock down price so that the new owner can use their money on investing in the club rather than buying it. All power to your sword Glenn and wear that suit again. It gives a good impression.

EDIT

Sorry Kamy I got the wrong name.Senior moment, but same applies.

It is a sign of how insignificant Venky's are in India that it has taken the Indian media so long to wake up to the story and that just run of the mill corruscating incompetence by the Rao siblings was no big deal for them.

An indicator of how incompetent the Rao marketing in India is- a friend plays in an all-girl string quartet and they performed to 50,000 two nights running as the warm up for Bayern Munich playing exhibition games!

How many turned up in Pune for the visit of India's very own Premier League club? How many turned up in Pune to see Acron for that matter?

You suit yourself. I want nails in the Venky's coffin. So much so that they have to sell Rovers at a knock down price so that the new owner can use their money on investing in the club rather than buying it. All power to your sword Glenn and wear that suit again. It gives a good impression.

Agreed Al.

There's no way forward for our club until the Raos leave. They haven't got it in them to turn this around. Someone show me the slightest evidence to the contarary?

To clarify, I don't think we should be wanting nails in Venkys' coffin. The Venkys' coffin is, by extension, the Rovers' coffin. Something to be avoided, if possible.

What I think needs to happen, and the fans are attempting it via protests, new stories, etc., is an intervention. Venkys have made a terrible mess of things. Much like one relative to another, I hope the fans want Venkys to clean up and pay attention, get its affairs in order. Not that they check into the metaphorical morgue.

I think Venkys need to be embarrassed. I'm not sure what else will cause it to take action and clean up its act as it is still on the downward spiral. It has damaged the club and ignored the fans. Its representative, Kean, seems to be at war with the fans. Its former agent appears to be implying sinister motives to the fans. All in all, Venkys needs a kick in the pants. And the interviews with Indian media may achieve that result, so good job whomever is responsible. :tu:

I agree but I don't think Venky's can turn things around at Blackburn. For starters, they don't have the skills to run the club and they don't have the money (or are not prepared to put money in) to employ experienced people to run it properly. And, besides, don't think Rovers fans will ever forgive them for the mess they have made. Time for them to sell up. But, of course, finding a good buyer is another issue. But that can't happen if Venky's are not willing to sell.

Guest Rovers4Good

Not sure that Venky's really give a flying what happens to be fair. :(

It's not as if they come to games week in week out and it's not as if they are constantly talking to the fans which tells me they're not bothered what happens as long as they don't lose money which i don't think will happen after all the rumours we've heard :(

Until their dealings with Rovers directly affect their chicken sales I can't see them caring either. And why would a billion Indians stop buying Venky's products because of their ownership of some unpopular sport (in their country) and unpopular team? I doubt many in this country would stop buying KFC if they owned Brsibane FC and ran it badly.

• Backroom

Whilst media stories may not affect Venky's core business, global exposure of their incompetancies will harm their ability to expand beyond India. If the Venky's name is tarnished across the world they will struggle to fulfill their aspirations of global expansion. Media scrutiny in their home country is the first step towards this.

EDIT

Sorry Kamy I got the wrong name.Senior moment, but same applies.

Why do we assume that any new owners would be better than Venkys?

The trust was professional, competent, actively engaged and acted to preserve the club but was refusing to put money in and wanted to sell.

Venkys appear to be naive and/or not competent and/or not engaged and profess a desire (real or not remains to be seen) to preserve the club but is likewise refusing to put money in and profess to not want to sell.

A new owner may have no interest in preserving the club and/or may actively strip it (though I'm told that is a crime the world is not short of criminals). Or may be outright [alleged] thieves (Ali Syed?) or otherwise worse than Venkys (who are at least competent business people in their chosen field).

Things could get worse. We will not be picking the buyers, if Venkys want sell. And if the limited candidate pool is similar to what was presented to the trust, things may well get worse if Venkys sold.

In a wierd way, I was somewhat reassurred when rumors surfaced that Venkatesh was in Dubai trying to find percentage partners. If true, that tells me Venkys are interested in the club long term but recognize that somethings must change, including the lack of investment.

Don't get my wrong. I would much rather the club was owned by the Crown Prince of Dubai, Bill Gates, the Queen of England, or anyone of dozens of other billionaires. But I don't see it happening near term. So the focus should be really the preservation of the Rovers. Which means the Roas need to act professionally and responsibily. Sack Kean. Appoint a competent indepedent board. Hire a new manager, with experience and a reputation for excellence.

Why do we assume that any new owners would be better than Venkys?

The trust was professional, competent, actively engaged and acted to preserve the club but was refusing to put money in and wanted to sell.

Venkys appear to be naive and/or not competent and/or not engaged and profess a desire (real or not remains to be seen) to preserve the club but is likewise refusing to put money in and profess to not want to sell.

A new owner may have no interest in preserving the club and/or may actively strip it (though I'm told that is a crime the world is not short of criminals). Or may be outright [alleged] thieves (Ali Syed?) or otherwise worse than Venkys (who are at least competent business people in their chosen field).

Things could get worse. We will not be picking the buyers, if Venkys want sell. And if the limited candidate pool is similar to what was presented to the trust, things may well get worse if Venkys sold.

In a wierd way, I was somewhat reassurred when rumors surfaced that Venkatesh was in Dubai trying to find percentage partners. If true, that tells me Venkys are interested in the club long term but recognize that somethings must change, including the lack of investment.

Don't get my wrong. I would much rather the club was owned by the Crown Prince of Dubai, Bill Gates, the Queen of England, or anyone of dozens of other billionaires. But I don't see it happening near term. So the focus should be really the preservation of the Rovers. Which means the Roas need to act professionally and responsibily. Sack Kean. Appoint a competent indepedent board. Hire a new manager, with experience and a reputation for excellence.

Why do I think that the new owners would be better than the Venky's? Let's just say that after carefully considering the odds, I'm prepared to take my chances. :rolleyes:

The Rao family are finished for me.

I could just about stomach Kean if he wins games but the Raos have to go.

IF Kean is staying as seems likely (not my preferred choice btw) and IF he manages to keep us up despite the rudderless fiasco we currently are then you could almost argue he'll deserve the Manager of the Year gong.

Just a thought...

The Rao family are finished for me.

I could just about stomach Kean if he wins games but the Raos have to go.

Hey great idea for a bit of fun.......

So there you are sat high up in a tree at a garden party in Pune with a high powered snipers rifle containing just 3 bullets and with a perfect view of the top table. Around the table are seated Balaji, Venkatesh, Mrs D, Dastardly and Muttley.

So who gets it?

For my part Venky and Muttley might just live to tell the tale.

IF Kean is staying as seems likely (not my preferred choice btw) and IF he manages to keep us up despite the rudderless fiasco we currently are then you could almost argue he'll deserve the Manager of the Year gong.

Just a thought...

Sick thought, but provoking.......

When we were looking for new owners, and just before the Raos finalised buying the club, I posted on here that Jack Walker buying BRFC might very well have signalled the start of the end, of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Without Jack's initial move for the club, we wouldn't now be in a position where we had owners who cared nothing for us.

Just a thought...

Do you deserve praise for correcting your own incompetence? :blink:

When we were looking for new owners, and just before the Raos finalised buying the club, I posted on here that Jack Walker buying BRFC might very well have signalled the start of the end, of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Without Jack's initial move for the club, we wouldn't now be in a position where we had owners who cared nothing for us.

Get a grip man

The Rovers will be here long after the chicken slayers have fled

Just a thought...

Heres another thought, in my experience of football, the league position and points total are based upon the whole season, in Keans case one and a half seasons, whatever happens now, he has got us into the positon by poor signings and tactics, if he were a manager, he would not have accepted the owners or Andersons involvement, to manage, you do it your way and stand by the results,

good or bad, he has had more chances than any other manager I can remember, so he will get the odd result.

Dont get carried away with the Fulham result, we were magnificent on Saturday but in all fairness, Fulham were very poor!!

Archived