BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2012

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone got tickets for any of the Wembley games?

I'm going to the steelers vikings game in September, really looking forward to it.

Tonight I've backed Ravens to score under 17.5 points and Packers +3pts hcap

Yea we've got tickets for that one too. I've been to all but one of the Wembley games and they're pretty good.

Would do both, the tickets are reasonable enough, but going twice to London within 3 weeks is just too much.

Got tickets to both games. Im a Steeler fan and my brothers a Jags fan so it was a no brainer. My brother was jumping for joy when their new GM said they have no interest in Tebow.

What is going to happen to Tebow in the off season? Only the Jags and Jets were interested when Denver dumped him. Out of the league?

Got tickets to both games. Im a Steeler fan and my brothers a Jags fan so it was a no brainer. My brother was jumping for joy when their new GM said they have no interest in Tebow.

What is going to happen to Tebow in the off season? Only the Jags and Jets were interested when Denver dumped him. Out of the league?

Looks a bit sick for Tebow, from hero to zero.

Are the jets taking Smith from San Fran?

Credit to Kaepernick and the 49ers they gave us a real beating. But I have to question our defense and in particular the game plan under Dom Capers. The media, pundits and fans of other teams know that Kaepernick is a strong runner, but it didn't look like the Packers knew going into that game. We had a taste of the read option against Minny the week before and it torched us so you would think the Packers organisation would have game planned for it especially against a better QB.

I think it's time we looked at replacing Capers. Sure we had the no.2 defense in the league in 2010 during our super bowl run, but the year before we gave up 50+ points against the Cardinals and lost in the playoffs, last year we got smashed by the Giants and now this embarrassing performance against the 49ers.

Our defense is far too finesse or soft, we have some decent talent on D (Matthews, Raji, Hayward, Shields etc) but not the mentality or physicality. I'm not sure how/or if we have the will to change it. Sacking Capers isn't likely and we don't really do free agency so bringing in someone isn't really an option.

The draft? Well the Packers are clearly in a rebuilding phase and we are going to be losing players on both sides of the ball. Driver is gone, probably Woodson too, Finley's days look numbered and we can't pay Jennings the money he wants. Rodgers is about to get the highest paid contract to date in the NFL and Matthews is due a new contract soon. With having to strengthen so many different areas one draft clearly isn't going to fix our defensive woes.

The NFC North is such a competitive division the Vikings are looking resurgent, if the Bears get a good new Head Coach then they could be a threat and the Lions have a lot of talent on offense. I can see us on the decline for at least one season, maybe two depending on how we sort out our problems.

Credit to Kaepernick and the 49ers they gave us a real beating. But I have to question our defense and in particular the game plan under Dom Capers. The media, pundits and fans of other teams know that Kaepernick is a strong runner, but it didn't look like the Packers knew going into that game. We had a taste of the read option against Minny the week before and it torched us so you would think the Packers organisation would have game planned for it especially against a better QB.

I think it's time we looked at replacing Capers. Sure we had the no.2 defense in the league in 2010 during our super bowl run, but the year before we gave up 50+ points against the Cardinals and lost in the playoffs, last year we got smashed by the Giants and now this embarrassing performance against the 49ers.

Our defense is far too finesse or soft, we have some decent talent on D (Matthews, Raji, Hayward, Shields etc) but not the mentality or physicality. I'm not sure how/or if we have the will to change it. Sacking Capers isn't likely and we don't really do free agency so bringing in someone isn't really an option.

The draft? Well the Packers are clearly in a rebuilding phase and we are going to be losing players on both sides of the ball. Driver is gone, probably Woodson too, Finley's days look numbered and we can't pay Jennings the money he wants. Rodgers is about to get the highest paid contract to date in the NFL and Matthews is due a new contract soon. With having to strengthen so many different areas one draft clearly isn't going to fix our defensive woes.

The NFC North is such a competitive division the Vikings are looking resurgent, if the Bears get a good new Head Coach then they could be a threat and the Lions have a lot of talent on offense. I can see us on the decline for at least one season, maybe two depending on how we sort out our problems.

Going into the 4th, Packers were still about a TD behind but Kaepernick had the game of a career against them, doubt if he will do this the next game. That's what I told everyone, GB needs to make adjustments on Def. but they got burned over and over.

And too, seems Rodgers lacked protection and that hurt GB a lot. Packers were totally caught out.

I may be totally wrong and so often we are because one game and a team looks like world beaters as San Francisco did but it does seem SF should win, it seems New England should win, I Think the Ravens have a better chance. The Ravens beat a very good team.

Denver should have tried to do something that last 31 seconds if I'm not repeating myself instead of taking a knee and going into overtime, I know there are risks in that too.

One side note, I heard one of the players for the Atlanta defence played against Kaepernick in college, I believe Kaerpernick played for Nevada they said. He sure had some game and every time I have seen him, he's played very well. I guess Seattle did get the better of SF. Seattle were very good this season, sort of a heart breaker for them. They were way down but came back.

Fox was too negative and scared of losing.

With virtually the best quarterback of all time. Or at least, one of the best quarterbacks of all time.

It just occurred to me, I think Atlanta, was forced to have to score that late field goal in a similar situation though behind with little time left on the clock.

Seems Patriots and Niners should win this weekend.

I think the Ravens have a chance to win. I've liked the Ravens but not to where I get pumped up about them.

Atlanta seems to be more likely to lose.

Atlanta defeated Carolina 30-28 in one game, division foe and lost the other game 30-20.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/ATL/atlanta-falcons

I could be wrong, I don't care deeply about any of these teams.

I always enjoy the playoffs more than the Superbowl and especially the first two playoff weekends with 4 games.

------------------

Could be nothing to it, Crabtree of the Niners really gave the Packers problems:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/18/3892904/michael-crabtree-sexual-assault-investigation

Looks like he's under investigation for something that happened after that game.

Archived