BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Legalised Robbery

As I predicted now that the new camera technology is making uninsured cars a thing of the past (which is excellent progress in itself) BUT the authorities have played right into the hands of the insurance companies. We've already seen anybody living in the likes of BB, BD postcodes etc hammered indiscriminantly, we've seen young drivers almost driven to extinction, anybody convicted of drink driving is penalised mercilessly not once but many times for over a decade after the event, and now this..... http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/03/16/first-time-offenders-face-hefty-car-premium-hikes/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D102406

Now I'm not making any commenting on the severity of these issues what I am saying is that the authorities should punish offenders NOT the insurance companies. The fat cats really have got the cream this time. If popularity is an issue with the government then they really need to reign this lot of shameless profiteers in. The motorist is the soft target of money grabbers from all sides and it does represent a massive and overwhelming vote should it ever be unified on a single issue. Anybody fancy setting up the 'Motorist Party'?

Reading the tanker thread I thought you were happy with your lot:

" So allow me to just take comfort from the fact that I'm quite happy and fulfilled and at ease with all things around me whilst you will be embittered and unhappy for the rest of your days. Lets just leave it there. :tu:"

Reading the tanker thread I thought you were happy with your lot:

" So allow me to just take comfort from the fact that I'm quite happy and fulfilled and at ease with all things around me whilst you will be embittered and unhappy for the rest of your days. Lets just leave it there. :tu:"

Hey up. Right on cue.... here's another emmigrant who's settled in a better place but is now playing Russian roulette with melanoma and daren't have a crap without taking his life into his own hands!

The actions of the insurance companies make it obvious that we didn't quite manage to round up all those with the extra Y chromosome when we 'populated' your homeland Don. Unfortunately the left overs have bred like rabbits.

Anyway why not have a go at Jim instead of me? Jim's the one who wouldn't let an Australian within a thousand miles of any female relative of his.

The government insists that we take out motor insurance. I have no problem with that but should they not also legislate about the premiums the insurance companies charge. Don't try to tell me that they lose money because I do not believe it.

Every year my insurance company hikes up the premium and every year I get the lowest quote from a comparison site, ring them up and they match/beat it. If they lost money they would not be so keen to keep my business.

An alternative is a government backed scheme but it would be so unweildy and inefficient like every other state scheme that it would cost the taxpayer a fortune.

The motorist is the soft target of money grabbers from all sides and it does represent a massive and overwhelming vote should it ever be unified on a single issue. Anybody fancy setting up the 'Motorist Party'?

Motorists are not a soft target. The cost of motoring has not risen in real terms for 30 years.

Example of your insurance price.....Moved from BB3 (Darwen) to BB2 (Blackburn) - They want an extra £220 purely for the change of postcode (around 1/4 mile) and a further £50 admin fee.

Same car, same driver. So why?

Oh , still none the wiser ha..

He was worse than I thought, I feel bad for laughing now. :blush:

If you were of a sensitive persuasion or in a melancholy state on the Stella, you could be really offended! :P

Onslow

Archived