BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Debt Free

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You show your ignorance by linking me to Kean, is that relevant to this discussion?

Yes, because as far as I know the only person to say that the wage ratio had to come down was Steve Kean - "after" his and Venky's plan to sell the more experienced players resulted in relegation.

The figures of wages to turnover percentage are in the public domain.

Well, seeing that you know that ratio was too high, what was it? My whole point to you Roversider is that you supported Venky's slashing the wage bill, but you don't know what it is. I have no idea what it is, but then again I'm not saying it should have been slashed. If the wage to turnover ratio had gone much higher than what it's been for the last ten years, then fair enough. If it's stayed the same then there wasn't a problem.

We all know that the cutting of the wage bill was all part of the plan to run the club on the cheap - don't we?

No way will BRSIT get the amount of money required.I seriously doubt they will get even half way to the target set.

If supporters weren't prepared to pay £420 a season ticket 5 years ago what makes you think they will pay double and some now after one of the worst recessions seen in decades?

It is typical that the likes of Wayne Wild and others who are 'comfortably well off' think that £1,000 is a 'realistic' amount of money for people to part with. <_<

Bit unfair that, he's leading it because he's in a position to do so in his own time and not being paid anything to do so. I don't see anyone else putting their balls on the block and if we went down to League 1 after another difficult 2 years under Venky's this could possibly be our only way out of trouble. That's why it was originally set up, as something to fall back on should something terrible really happen. We've just been relegated, we have terrible owners, we've seen what has happened to other clubs in this situation who go into free fall.

As far as I'm aware you can buy a joint share if you have ten friends who also want to buy a share but can't afford it. There are other ideas for making them affordable too. But if you truly believe that shares should be £100, get yourself along to the meeting on the 26th at KGH and get your views heard.

if you check this from the telegraph and click on rovers entry you get a comparison between 09/10 and 10/11 accounts which was quite informative.

Before Venky's took over, in November 2010, Blackburn's cash losses after interest amounted to £1.268m. Rising wages in the new owners' first season pushed this up to £4.6m, with a net £10.2m also spent on transfers - though it mostly went on instalments on the eight signings of the previous year. The overdraft payments and short-term bank loans rocketed 48 per cent to a whopping £21.1m. Radical restructuring was required. Phil Jones left and was followed by Chris Samba in January, when Rovers seemed to spend little of the £8.7m they were due in December 2011 in instalments from previous player sales. No wonder Steve Kean struggled.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9255617/Revealed-the-financial-health-of-the-Premier-League-laid-bare.html

Bit unfair that, he's leading it because he's in a position to do so in his own time and not being paid anything to do so. I don't see anyone else putting their balls on the block and if we went down to League 1 after another difficult 2 years under Venky's this could possibly be our only way out of trouble. That's why it was originally set up, as something to fall back on should something terrible really happen. We've just been relegated, we have terrible owners, we've seen what has happened to other clubs in this situation who go into free fall.

As far as I'm aware you can buy a joint share if you have ten friends who also want to buy a share but can't afford it. There are other ideas for making them affordable too. But if you truly believe that shares should be £100, get yourself along to the meeting on the 26th at KGH and get your views heard.

Don't get me wrong I would love for this plan to work and I applaud Mr.Wild for putting his 'Balls on the block' as you say. :tu:

However £100 or even £200 shares would be more realistic for people to raise and maybe the more affluent of supporters would still be able to buy more shares if they can afford to.Perhaps set a ceiling on the amount of shares that any one person can buy?

I along with many other supporters that post on here don't live in the Blackburn district and therefore don't know another 10 Rovers supporters to club together with.By setting a more realistic price you would definitely attract more interest,I myself would would sign up for £200's worth of shares straight away.

Sadly at a £1,000 a pop I must definitely wouldn't and couldn't.

.By setting a more realistic price you would definitely attract more interest,I myself would would sign up for £200's worth of shares straight away.

Sadly at a £1,000 a pop I must definitely wouldn't and couldn't.

Fair comment but there was a fair bit of thought about the price. I'm sure that some thought will be given to it again if needed but lets see how it goes. When this begins to build some momentum we will have a better idea how it should go.

Meanwhile even with a potential Seneca bid we must try our best to get at least a partial fans ownership as that will help protect the future of Rovers

Archived