BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 1st home game in division 1

Maybe a bit early but....

If the situation stays as is or even gets worse. We are probably looking at having around 4-8,000 home fans. That at least 10,000 missing fans.

I suggest those protesting by not buying or renewing season tickets should turn up and support the team from the hills behind the riverside.

How good would it be to have a few thousand on the hills with venkys out and Kean out banners BUT supporting the team.

There needs to be a major protest to show the bald wonder and the chicken farmers that the fans may not be buying tickets but they are still around.

The media should be made aware that every home game next season there will be mass protests regardless of results or league position.

We still have some media spot light we should use it.

How about you pick one club....say Chorley? And all turn up there instead? Surely if they had 10,000 on for a game, it would make media headlines.

I think hughsey that you'll find that in a couple of weeks nothing Rovers do will find us in the media headlines. Once you're out of the PL noone will care

I think hughsey that you'll find that in a couple of weeks nothing Rovers do will find us in the media headlines. Once you're out of the PL noone will care

Sadly I agree.

Just look at Pompey, their problems this year have been far worse than when they were in the PL and they get little coverage.

How about you pick one club....say Chorley? And all turn up there instead? Surely if they had 10,000 on for a game, it would make media headlines.

You need to face facts Hughesy. We are no longer a Premier League club and therefore out of the media spotlight. Nobody is going to be interested in what happens at Ewood Park anymore. The stadium will be over half empty, the team will be made up of kids, has beens and cheap imports and we will probably be involved in another relegation battle. Meanwhile the fans will continue to protest to fight for their club. Nothing will change until the owners leave. Not even potting Kean is going to improve things without new owners. If Desai did get rid of Kean who would work under the conditions that Kean operates? Sadly, until the owners are gone the destruction of Blackburn Rovers will continue and nobody except a the fans will care.

Have a look at what's gone on at Portsmouth, Coventry, Doncaster, and a number of other clubs outside of the Premier League this season. All have had major problems and yet who knows about them outside of their supporters and, more to the point, who really cares?

I care, I'd much rather read about what is going on at proper football clubs instead of headlines like 'Arsenal defender out for two weeks' or 'King Kenny under pressure after just the one trophy'.

Alas, the media are not interested in anything outside the PL and our decline will continue unnoticed.

I care, I'd much rather read about what is going on at proper football clubs instead of headlines like 'Arsenal defender out for two weeks' or 'King Kenny under pressure after just the one trophy'.

Alas, the media are not interested in anything outside the PL and our decline will continue unnoticed.

Sadly, Mattyblue that's my point. Look at the way national media have covered what's been going on at Rangers and then compare it to how the national media have covered Portsmouth, Coventry or Stanley a few years ago. Unless you are deemed to be a "big club", and the Rovers certainly aren't, the coverage outside of the Premier League is extremely poor. Nobody will know about Venky's continued destruction of the club they will be able to do whatever they want out of the media spotlight.

I suspect that next season "The Football League Paper" will be my Sunday reading.

You need to face facts Hughesy. We are no longer a Premier League club and therefore out of the media spotlight. Nobody is going to be interested in what happens at Ewood Park anymore. The stadium will be over half empty, the team will be made up of kids, has beens and cheap imports and we will probably be involved in another relegation battle. Meanwhile the fans will continue to protest to fight for their club. Nothing will change until the owners leave. Not even potting Kean is going to improve things without new owners. If Desai did get rid of Kean who would work under the conditions that Kean operates? Sadly, until the owners are gone the destruction of Blackburn Rovers will continue and nobody except a the fans will care.

Have a look at what's gone on at Portsmouth, Coventry, Doncaster, and a number of other clubs outside of the Premier League this season. All have had major problems and yet who knows about them outside of their supporters and, more to the point, who really cares?

Reading your post has certainly brought back last Monday nights feelings. Your absolutely right.

We are goosed if this lot remain in charge, screwing us over.

I can only hope we maintain some sort of momentum in the efforts to rid our club of these idoits and the turd that is Steve Kean.

It will be down to people on this forum to stick together, formulate action plans and get enough people to join in.

The fight has to continue.

Sadly, Mattyblue that's my point. Look at the way national media have covered what's been going on at Rangers and then compare it to how the national media have covered Portsmouth, Coventry or Stanley a few years ago. Unless you are deemed to be a "big club", and the Rovers certainly aren't, the coverage outside of the Premier League is extremely poor. Nobody will know about Venky's continued destruction of the club they will be able to do whatever they want out of the media spotlight.

I suspect that next season "The Football League Paper" will be my Sunday reading.

Its possible though, it could actually work to our advantage with less of stage for our imbecile slimeball to spout his rubbish.

The other clubs mentioned didn't have to put up with loon in charge of the team like we have.

As I have said before - get the bottom rotten rung removed from the ladder and we can begin to climb.

I think the only protest that will have any impact is a near total boycott of the first home game.

I have previously been very dismissive of protest ideas that involve the majority of the fans (99% of whom do not access forums or other fan networks) as it is futile.

There is a chance, however, to start a movement to boycott just one game en masse. This would require a campaign in the Telegraph and coverage throughout the media but I'm sure that enough of the non-protesters are angry enough to sacrifice one game to make their anti-Venkys statement.

This would possibly leave 3-4000 rovers fans rattling around the stadium which would be a powerful image and leave Venkys in no doubt about the fans' ability to control their revenue stream.

Assuming Kean is NOT sacked. Assuming then that even worse happens.....Agnew as CEO, Players leave , no players really signed as we move thru EUFA 2012 into the hols and then the start of August. Less traffic on here,ST numbers doubled to say 7,000 but expected Crowds no higher than 10,000(with lots of Away supporters keen to see Ewood) then we need BRAG and BRSIT to keep moving on a number of fronts.

Ideally:

- Vigil at Ewood on key dates

- take-over of some place just outside BRFC owned zone. A house near the Ground?

- use of the Hill for stop aways

- India campaign to hit them/remind them eg Cricket matches, Venkys XPRS outlets , Press campaign via weekly Press Releases

- Bringing down web-sites eg PAPR, Rovers etc

- Creating a MatchDay zone inside Ewood for Protesters,for flowers/momentoes.

- A banner for the Blackburn End to be unfurled on the ClaytonEnd sign....RIP Blackburn Rovers 1992 to 2012

- special Protests for Bumley home and away(likely to be on TV), and after if we lose

- Alternative Blues Bars set up in local pubs

- special badge/scarf for all us "Reluctant Season-Ticket holders"

- timed protest at every match...say at the 20th minute...where we all turn our back on the team and protest each match

Open to shooting down...but WE all have to continue, then in 18 months time it will have just been a Nightmare.

Lets hope Kean leaves us on Wednesday via Pune. Bur I doubt it.

Assuming Kean is NOT sacked. Assuming then that even worse happens.....Agnew as CEO, Players leave , no players really signed as we move thru EUFA 2012 into the hols and then the start of August. Less traffic on here,ST numbers doubled to say 7,000 but expected Crowds no higher than 10,000(with lots of Away supporters keen to see Ewood) then we need BRAG and BRSIT to keep moving on a number of fronts.

Ideally:

- Vigil at Ewood on key dates

- take-over of some place just outside BRFC owned zone. A house near the Ground?

- use of the Hill for stop aways

- India campaign to hit them/remind them eg Cricket matches, Venkys XPRS outlets , Press campaign via weekly Press Releases

- Bringing down web-sites eg PAPR, Rovers etc

- Creating a MatchDay zone inside Ewood for Protesters,for flowers/momentoes.

- A banner for the Blackburn End to be unfurled on the ClaytonEnd sign....RIP Blackburn Rovers 1992 to 2012

- special Protests for Bumley home and away(likely to be on TV), and after if we lose

- Alternative Blues Bars set up in local pubs

- special badge/scarf for all us "Reluctant Season-Ticket holders"

- timed protest at every match...say at the 20th minute...where we all turn our back on the team and protest each match

Open to shooting down...but WE all have to continue, then in 18 months time it will have just been a Nightmare.

Lets hope Kean leaves us on Wednesday via Pune. Bur I doubt it.

I would love to see "Kean Out!" spray painted over one of their venky's xprs outlets.

Archived