BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Video from BRSIT Open Meeting

Excellent effort by all concerned.

How would the club be financed on a day to day business if BRSIT did become owners of the club,running even a Div 1 status club must run into the Millions.

In the Video the question was asked of Wayne and his answer was simply 'we dont know'....

I'm concerned with that matter to say the least.

I applaud the efforts of the BRSIT and all those who have lent themselves to its cause. In these troubled times, it's down to the fans to make a stand and recognise that Venky's are unfit to own this historic club.

However, one cannot prevail on good intentions alone, and let's face it, the numbers simply don't add up.

How would the club be financed on a day to day business if BRSIT did become owners of the club,running even a Div 1 status club must run into the Millions.

In the Video the question was asked of Wayne and his answer was simply 'we dont know'....

From what I saw he didn't say that. He answered 'I don't know', to 'How much would the club cost to buy'.

You should be more concerned with your memory ;)

21mins 49secs in...

I applaud the efforts of the BRSIT and all those who have lent themselves to its cause. In these troubled times, it's down to the fans to make a stand and recognise that Venky's are unfit to own this historic club.

However, one cannot prevail on good intentions alone, and let's face it, the numbers simply don't add up.

Only one way to find out toppers-ask the pledgers to convert to cash in the BRSIT bank account within 2 weeks and see what turns up.Problem is that i fear the result will demoralise everybody because it will prove hardly enough to keep MGP here for another year never mind buy the Club.Its cuckoo unless part of a larger plan.

Only one way to find out toppers-ask the pledgers to convert to cash in the BRSIT bank account within 2 weeks and see what turns up.Problem is that i fear the result will demoralise everybody because it will prove hardly enough to keep MGP here for another year never mind buy the Club.Its cuckoo unless part of a larger plan.

Consider this, the club was run at break-even with no extra finance from the Walkers Trust for several years. True, not at finance levels to compete with the top 6 or 7 clubs in the Premier but more than enough to build a mid-table squad. It's what you do with the money that matters.

All the above points were made at the meeting.

BRSIT is very open and transparent and as the journey progresses and the rules of the game become clearer then anything that isn't subject to a non-disclosure agreement will no doubt be made available. This is being run very seriously and on a very open basis.

There will always be the pessimists who will excuse their own lethargy and inactivity by saying 'it will never happen' or 'the pledges won't turn into cash'. I personally believe that both those statements are based on a false, close-minded opinion.

Never happen? Difficult yes, 100% fan ownership unlikely, impossible? Only in the mind of a victim who prefers a helpless approach to the challenges of the world.

Pledges turning into cash? There is lots of experience in similar community ventures and that sees c. 90% of pledges turn into cash. Also there will be a lot of people sitting on the fence who will support if it's actually underway.

The only thing that would be certain to stop BRSIT is if the participants gave up. Perhaps that would give some satisfaction to those on the outside who can say 'I told you so' but at what cost to the long term future of Blackburn Rovers.

Consider this, the club was run at break-even with no extra finance from the Walkers Trust for several years. True, not at finance levels to compete with the top 6 or 7 clubs in the Premier but more than enough to build a mid-table squad. It's what you do with the money that matters.

BRSIT is very open and transparent and as the journey progresses and the rules of the game become clearer then anything that isn't subject to a non-disclosure agreement will no doubt be made available. This is being run very seriously and on a very open basis.

There will always be the pessimists who will excuse their own lethargy and inactivity by saying 'it will never happen' or 'the pledges won't turn into cash'. I personally believe that both those statements are based on a false, close-minded opinion.

Never happen? Difficult yes, 100% fan ownership unlikely, impossible? Only in the mind of a victim who prefers a helpless approach to the challenges of the world.

Pledges turning into cash? There is lots of experience in similar community ventures and that sees c. 90% of pledges turn into cash. Also there will be a lot of people sitting on the fence who will support if it's actually underway.

The only thing that would be certain to stop BRSIT is if the participants gave up. Perhaps that would give some satisfaction to those on the outside who can say 'I told you so' but at what cost to the long term future of Blackburn Rovers.

+100

Even to get part ownership would be a massive achievement and would help to provide some security for the future.

This is about having a club for future generations. Venky's could just walk away at the end of the parachute payments with a profit and the club could cease to exist. Impossible? Do you all remember Colne Dynamoes when Graham White pulled the plug in 1990. You can also see what is happening at Glasgow Rangers now.

Unfortunately all the keyboard warriors can do is think of 9 ways why it won't work instead of the 1 way why it will. But then again it is easier to type away rather than getting up off your backside.

Lots of people slagged off Glen Mullen. But BRFC Action Group has now started to gain some momentum and started to do tremendous work fighting for Rovers. It may or may not come to fruition but at least they have tried. Those guys have put in a lot of time and money, I have nothing but respect for them.

BRSIT may or may not happen but at least they are trying. For that reason I have pledged and will volunteer to support the bid.

The way I see it, and why it gets my full support, is that if we find our way down in League 1 with no one wanting to buy us what do we do then? Just keep blindly supporting the club even though the owners and the authorities have turned a blind eye to our plight?

You could say it'll never get that bad and if you do please look back on the last 18 months then tell me that it can't. If Steve Kean is still in charge next season we will drop down the leagues. If a new manager is put in place but Venky's are still owners it'll be delaying the inevitable.

And that's why we need a fall back plan like BRSIT.

Archived