BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Top 10 Rovers Pubs

I live in Bodmin and recently started work in St Minver. Work colleagues have told me that the 'Fourways' has a landlord who is a Rovers nut. I will check this out as soon as possible and update.

Brilliant, it must be one of his kids I presume as its 25 - 30yrs ago!! I'm sure he was known as 'the colonel' or similar. The bloke behind the bar said the team would call in when they were playing down there (Plymouth?). It seemed so unreal as St.Minver was a very small place if my memory serves me right, and to find a Rovers pub down there was fantatstic.

Blue n Whites Club.

Still got my BWSC badge.......

folk thought it meant "Bolton Wanderers Supporters Club" when in fact it was the "Blue and Whites Supporters Club". :(

Absolute travesty what happened to that place - fond memories of the last stop before Ewood Park.

Try the Nabs Head at Salmesbury. It has just been taken over by Michael Worden who was bar manager at the a Royal Oak at Riley Green.

Michael is a big fan and has some Rovers stuff in the back room including a signed photo I gave him from Roque Santa Cruz saying "To Michael, with best wishes".

Decent Thwaites beers and worth supporting as long as you are of the "Kean and Venkys Out" camp.

KEAN OUT!

+1

I wouldn't say anywhere in Accy is a rovers pub its just a mix of fans.

used to be Boars Head , been going to home and away games from there for almost 30 years when long time landlord retired , then redecoration meant the fans moved to nearby working mens club , and i'm not sayin the punters are tight or th'owd fogies , but 20p a pint cheaper is a hell of a lot of money :P

In Darwen there are a number of pubs who run buses to home games, including the park, greenfield, spinners and swan all in the whitehall area. Spinners used to do regular buses to away games. These pubs are frequented by a lot of rovers supporting folk, and get packed when rovers are on the box.

Archived