BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast #43: Launch of the Rovers Trust

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

In BRFCS Podcast 43 Oliver Jones (Ozz on the BRFCS forums) and Wayne Wild, co-chairs of the newly founded Rovers Trust, talk to BRFCS editor Wen Y Hu about the setting up of the trust, its aims in terms of fan ownership of the club, its structure and what it will mean for Rovers fans to become involved as members of the trust.

The podcast is published to the front page here.

It is also available via the following link. Just paste the link into your browser address bar.

http://brfcs-podcast.brfcs.com/BRFCS-043.mp3

A pair of tickets to Rovers Trust's Sporting Dinner, Friday 12th October, are up for grabs, courtesy of RSM Tenon, Accountants to Rovers Trust.

All you have to do to have a chance of winning them is follow us on Twitter @RoversTrust, R/T our competition offer tweet, or go to our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/RoversTrust?fref=ts , 'Like' this page and LIKE and SHARE the status.

Good luck!

Alternatively, you could guarantee seats by contacting Heather on: 07976 970359 or emailing heather@hnvehicles.com or sending a pm to me or Ozz.

Thanks for this Wen Y Hu, Tough listening a times but it did cleared up a lot of stuff, thanks to your questions . I visited the website previous and was unclear about what was going on after initially pledging to BRSIT. i.e do I now just spend a tenner or twenty five quid etc.

Hope they don't have to register the separate entities as the DOA (department for acronyms) is going to be busy!

The first half is pretty heavy stuff-That is the nature of the beast I`m afraid though. Just a reminder there is a written version of the technical details involved to go with the interview at this link. It also provides links to the external websites for more background on CASCs and CBSs etc.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Thanks for this Wen Y Hu, Tough listening a times but it did cleared up a lot of stuff, thanks to your questions . I visited the website previous and was unclear about what was going on after initially pledging to BRSIT. i.e do I now just spend a tenner or twenty five quid etc.

Hope they don't have to register the separate entities as the DOA (department for acronyms) is going to be busy!

You're welcome.

It was hard going because the content is so technical, as Ozz says, but they were both very patient and put a lot of time and effort into helping make it more digestible. The amount of work, dedication and expertise and knowledge that is behind the setting up and running of the Rovers Trust is remarkable. Arte et Labore indeed.

Been an admirer of German football for some time. While on holiday, watched a couple of Hamburg matches with the kids and kept the link going via the UK supporters group.

Different ethic to English football. For example, players are dissuaded from turning up to matches in flash cars. Might not work so easily over here. The point being, though, that particular gesture costs absolutely nothing and builds respect between the parties involved. Brilliant. Can't be impossible to emulate in some form.

Taking the long term view, it can be done.

http://blogs.indepen...raphy-merchant/

I pledged a few months ago when there were rumors, suggestions (call it what you want) that we were going to be the next Portsmouth and we would go into administration. I listened to everything that everyone was saying and I tried to cut through the crap that was going around but it was difficult at times to separate truth from rumor .

There was a feeling of being helpless due to no communication and it was a free for all for the press reporting that banks were pulling the pug, wages weren't going to be paid etc..

After listening to all of this I put my name to what I thought was a disaster plan, a last resort if the club went down the pan.

Since all this we have had better communication, serious money has been spent on players and we are on the verge of getting a new manager. Venkys have stated as well that financially we are in a better place as well.

To me a thousand pounds is a hell of a lot of money BUT I was prepared to pledge this to save the club but now in my opinion it is a different situation. I was also disappointed with some of the comments that were made with regards to the Seneca bid. I couldn't get my head round some of the negative comments that were made about them when we were on the verge of going bust (allegedly).

I appreciate and admire what people are doing with regards to the trust and it would be good if the fans had part ownership of the club but i'm not sure the trust can assume that all the pledges made months ago still apply.

There have been a lot of changes at the club in the last few months and for me I need to take stock. I am not saying that I am not going to pledge but at the moment I am undecided.

I just thought I would put it out there to see what other people think.

Rob,

You could always go to our website and read more about us www.roverstrust.co.uk and consider becoming a £10 member whilst you mull over your pledge?

You might be interested in this from The Guardian 1st October 2012:

"The co-chairman of the Rovers Trust, said: "A lack of executive leadership has put the club in its worst position for 20 years. The need to change the manager is a perfect time for the owners to begin to build bridges with supporters.

"A new manager may offer a brief moment of optimism, but the owners really do need to address matters off the pitch where a lack of leadership and communication has left the commercial operation of Ewood Park in an appalling mess. Now is an excellent time for the owners, either directly or through their appointed representatives, to enter into dialogue with Rovers Trust to begin the process whereby Rovers supporters can take a direct and positive stake in the ownership of their club.

"This is the only way the owners can truly win back the Rovers fans and the community in Blackburn. If they want a thriving, successful club, with the whole town behind the team, then they must accept that Rovers supporters want a say in the running of the club."

"We have come a long way since we began this earlier this year, we are ready to talk and the timing is right for all parties to come together for the benefit of Blackburn Rovers."

Rob,

You could always go to our website and read more about us www.roverstrust.co.uk and consider becoming a £10 member whilst you mull over your pledge?

You might be interested in this from The Guardian 1st October 2012:

"The co-chairman of the Rovers Trust, said: "A lack of executive leadership has put the club in its worst position for 20 years. The need to change the manager is a perfect time for the owners to begin to build bridges with supporters.

"A new manager may offer a brief moment of optimism, but the owners really do need to address matters off the pitch where a lack of leadership and communication has left the commercial operation of Ewood Park in an appalling mess. Now is an excellent time for the owners, either directly or through their appointed representatives, to enter into dialogue with Rovers Trust to begin the process whereby Rovers supporters can take a direct and positive stake in the ownership of their club.

"This is the only way the owners can truly win back the Rovers fans and the community in Blackburn. If they want a thriving, successful club, with the whole town behind the team, then they must accept that Rovers supporters want a say in the running of the club."

"We have come a long way since we began this earlier this year, we are ready to talk and the timing is right for all parties to come together for the benefit of Blackburn Rovers."

I pledged a few months ago when there were rumors, suggestions (call it what you want) that we were going to be the next Portsmouth and we would go into administration. I listened to everything that everyone was saying and I tried to cut through the crap that was going around but it was difficult at times to separate truth from rumor .

There was a feeling of being helpless due to no communication and it was a free for all for the press reporting that banks were pulling the pug, wages weren't going to be paid etc..

After listening to all of this I put my name to what I thought was a disaster plan, a last resort if the club went down the pan.

Since all this we have had better communication, serious money has been spent on players and we are on the verge of getting a new manager. Venkys have stated as well that financially we are in a better place as well.

To me a thousand pounds is a hell of a lot of money BUT I was prepared to pledge this to save the club but now in my opinion it is a different situation. I was also disappointed with some of the comments that were made with regards to the Seneca bid. I couldn't get my head round some of the negative comments that were made about them when we were on the verge of going bust (allegedly).

I appreciate and admire what people are doing with regards to the trust and it would be good if the fans had part ownership of the club but i'm not sure the trust can assume that all the pledges made months ago still apply.

There have been a lot of changes at the club in the last few months and for me I need to take stock. I am not saying that I am not going to pledge but at the moment I am undecided.

I just thought I would put it out there to see what other people think.

I know where you are coming from Rob and i think it is the dilemma a lot of people have as well.I also hear what Dawn is saying.

I think one of the basic issues here is that its one way traffic in that the Trust are marshalling the tanks and are ready to talk BUT to the best of everybody's knowledge there hasn't been an ounce of response from the owners never mind a willingness to talk. If they flatly refuse to get involved then where on earth are the trust going with it all?? And i happen to think that even if (and thats a miracle 'if' ) they get close to £10 million it doesn't come close to solving anything -especially if the financial armageddon does come.

You also refer to the Seneca bid-what went on there and what is your gripe as i must have been off the planet!!

Tom, we’re not about one individual, we have 15 passionate Rovers supporters on our initial steering committee. Between us we have a wide range of backgrounds and skills sets but we all share one aim: “to secure the future of Blackburn Rovers for the sole benefit of the club, its supporters and the wider community.” Please read about us at www.roverstrust.co.uk .

Also, today is your last chance to book tickets for Rovers Trust Sporting Dinner this Friday. Garner and Keeley will be in attendance. Please either let me know or phone Heather on 07976 970359 or email: heather@hnvehicles.com

This is what my main question is too, how many of the original pledges where genuine and how many still apply?

There is an urgent need in my opinion for this to be clarified so people know exactly what the true situation is here.

On the podcast itself, kudos to Wayne and Oz, for explaining it all well, having spoke to them in many meetings over the months, i have respect for both these guys and i'm glad to see them both on the same side.

Archived