BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brilliant

That's incredible for a team that is consistently mid table as a minimum in seria a. In the article it says he was already in genoa anyway and the fact he only expected 5-6 other fans is mad. Never thought about it before but maybe there's not a culture of away followings in foreign leagues.

There are times that I'm disappointed by numbers of rovers fans but I'm sure even if we played a pre season anywhere in the world up to and including Helmand province there'd be at least 10. Even that mid season nonsense friendly in Hong Kong fans travelled.

• Backroom

Yep not including the fans forum members there were 3 people that flew out to Pune on their own back and Pune is a nightmare to get to

Real commitment from them

• Moderation Lead

That's incredible for a team that is consistently mid table as a minimum in seria a. In the article it says he was already in genoa anyway and the fact he only expected 5-6 other fans is mad. Never thought about it before but maybe there's not a culture of away followings in foreign leagues.

There are times that I'm disappointed by numbers of rovers fans but I'm sure even if we played a pre season anywhere in the world up to and including Helmand province there'd be at least 10. Even that mid season nonsense friendly in Hong Kong fans travelled.

Not so much in Italy and Spain, but certainly in Germany it's as big as it is here. I remember when Villareal played City in the UCL a year or two ago, and they brought 13 fans.....

Pretty poor showing given that they are in the top third of Seria A playing an away fixture 200 miles away. Udine is a small but beautiful and stylish city set in a largely agricultural area. It's a superb place to visit but it would compare best to Chester or Shrewsbury.

It was a long way to go to get smoke blown up one's arse

Not fair that. Those three paid their own way and rarely if ever miss a BRFC awayday. I understand that balaji promised to pay for their travel etc but that had not happened last time I spoke with one of them (.... and he wasn't holding his breath over it either).

The misguided ones who were paid for were from the FF and they were the ones with smoke blown up their bottoms as you describe it.

so let me get this right, 3 fans paid out of their own pocket to travel to Pune. Balaji promised to reimburse them, but have still not done so? And they wonder why we dont like them, when they consistently make empty promises. At the next meeting with Shebby, i hope somebody asks him about when those 3 fans will get their money.

• Backroom

They travelled out expecting to pay for it all, as I gather Balaji offered to reimburse them after enjoying a few chats with them

I think their hotel bill was covered but they haven't seen anything for the flights

As for smoke up ass well maybe but then again if that is the case pretty much anyone who has entered dialogue with anyone in the club since November 2010 has just the same

*enter some motivational quote about trying and failing or stepping forward or something here*

They travelled out expecting to pay for it all, as I gather Balaji offered to reimburse them after enjoying a few chats with them

I think their hotel bill was covered but they haven't seen anything for the flights

As for smoke up ass well maybe but then again if that is the case pretty much anyone who has entered dialogue with anyone in the club since November 2010 has just the same

*enter some motivational quote about trying and failing or stepping forward or something here*

How about "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" Tom?

Water under the bridge now that our nightmares are becoming reallity as many feared. The FF members didn't so much lose the toss to play home or away but chose to spin with a double headed coin and gave the other side first call!. I seem to rem suggestions that you were first to see through them Tom but initially you had all convinced yourselves that you knew what you were doing and the rest of us had the Venky's summed up all wrong. Nice to see that everybody has learned a lesson in life..... or maybe all except 1. I need to say at this point that given now the benefit of hindsight even home advantage would not have made any difference with that lot so at least you all had a nice once in a lifetime freebie.... although I'm sure that was furthest from all your minds at the time. :rolleyes:

Archived