BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boston Marathon hit by Explosions

What has what happened centuries ago got to do with the current situation? Are you too thick to see the difference?

The war we have in the Middle East is against militants. The Muslim Terrorists target civilians. I am astonished to see that some people cannot comprehend the difference.

You really are naive.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really are naive.

Please explain to me what the Crusades have got to do with the current situation. I fail to understand the relevance.

You sit on the other side of the world and pretend to understand what goes on in the West without being affected.I live near Blackburn where the London Bombing were celebrated.

It is currently politically correct to be horrified that anybody can immediately see that bombings are probably caused by militant muslims even when it is shown to be right. I am to old to be influenced by what is PC. I just say what I see to be probable.

Incidentally these terrorists are not influenced by the Middle East situation. They are Russian muslims and their actions are purely religiously influenced. Probably!.

Please explain to me what the Crusades have got to do with the current situation. I fail to understand the relevance.

You sit on the other side of the world and pretend to understand what goes on in the West without being affected.I live near Blackburn where the London Bombing were celebrated.

There are still fireworks let off on the anniversary.

Dunno if the London bombings were celebrated in Blackburn so I'll take your word for it. BUT the 9/11 Twin Towers attack in NY definitely was celebrated by many in our midst.

Having re read through this topic I find that some of my postings may give the wrong impression. Initially I made a throwaway remark and was immediately jumped on, insulted and pilloried and forced to defend myself.

For the record I do not hate all muslims I am just disgusted by terrorists of any creed and colour and currently it appears to be that religion who are causing the problems. When it was the Irish I was equally disgusted by them. I just felt it right to make that point clear to everybody.

Having re read through this topic I find that some of my postings may give the wrong impression. Initially I made a throwaway remark and was immediately jumped on, insulted and pilloried and forced to defend myself.

For the record I do not hate all muslims I am just disgusted by terrorists of any creed and colour and currently it appears to be that religion who are causing the problems. When it was the Irish I was equally disgusted by them. I just felt it right to make that point clear to everybody.

Well said. However the problem which I cannot tolerate is that the muslim community often appears to tolerate such actions under the surface with just a few mealy mouthed apologist community leaders paying lip service to public outrage.

Dunno if the London bombings were celebrated in Blackburn so I'll take your word for it. BUT the 9/11 Twin Towers attack in NY definitely was celebrated by many in our midst.

I do apologise , your right it was the towers .

You're still in dire need of reading up on American intervention in the Middle East over the years.

You're still in dire need of reading up on American intervention in the Middle East over the years.

Concern yourself with you're bit of the planet and I'll worry about mine.

Nothing! You're the one who brought up the Crusades!

But you are the one who seems to have a problem with it and I'm trying to understand what was so upsetting about it.

Concern yourself with you're bit of the planet and I'll worry about mine.

I was born and raised in Blackburn, and will be returning to the UK in a years' time, at least for a period of time. Exactly what would you call my bit of the planet?

Like I said, you're talking about things you don't have a clue about.

But you are the one who seems to have a problem with it and I'm trying to understand what was so upsetting about it.

Because the Crusades have nothing to do with this. You need to look at the Anglo-American interference in the Middle East over the last century to get some grasp of why the Western world has become a target for Islamic extremists.

Because the Crusades have nothing to do with this. You need to look at the Anglo-American interference in the Middle East over the last century to get some grasp of why the Western world has become a target for Islamic extremists.

And that was exactly my point. I have heard Muslims quoting the Crusades as the beginning of the problems. I was trying to disassociate them.

I was born and raised in Blackburn, and will be returning to the UK in a years' time, at least for a period of time. Exactly what would you call my bit of the planet?

And I say I am not. Let's leave it at that then or we will go on name calling ad infinitum.

Come on Tom Stop pussying about and admit that I was right. Never mind saying that was not the issue. Of course it was. I tried hard not to say "I told you so" but since you refuse to accept the obvious. I told you so.

they may have been muslim, but you were painting the muslim community or religion with the same brush. I am muslim, does that make me a terrorist? seriously, i said it already on here, these people are in the minority, and they are deranged individuals who have the religion of Islam all wrong. Many innocent muslim kids and women killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Palestine etc etc, because of those minority groups, who took it upon themselves to attack other innocent people, because they believe that killing themselves and taking out the so called infidels will send them straight to Heaven. Our holy book says that you will go to hell for murder, and for commiting suicide which is what these guys are doing.

Al you may have been right in terms of their religion, but anybody can have a muslim name, but not practice the religion in the way it should be. fact is, there are indiviuals and groups, who are going out of their way to tarnish the name of Islam.

they may have been muslim, but you were painting the muslim community or religion with the same brush. I am muslim, does that make me a terrorist? seriously, i said it already on here, these people are in the minority, and they are deranged individuals who have the religion of Islam all wrong. Many innocent muslim kids and women killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Palestine etc etc, because of those minority groups, who took it upon themselves to attack other innocent people, because they believe that killing themselves and taking out the so called infidels will send them straight to Heaven. Our holy book says that you will go to hell for murder, and for commiting suicide which is what these guys are doing.

Al you may have been right in terms of their religion, but anybody can have a muslim name, but not practice the religion in the way it should be. fact is, there are indiviuals and groups, who are going out of their way to tarnish the name of Islam.

See posting No.130. You will see that the opposite is true.

See posting No.130. You will see that the opposite is true.

i read that Al, however its a bit disappointing that the 1st religion people associate with any terror attack is Muslims. I remember when the, was it the Sri Lankan Bhengali Tigers were causing terror, the 1st response from people were aimed at Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda as the culprits

Now, to me that is not okay. if its a muslim or a muslim group, then okay, but people's 1st response should never be "it must have been a muslim again".. i find that quite offensive, because there is no room for the majority of good muslim people to breath, because now people fear anybody who follows Islam.

Be that as it may, each to their own i suppose

i read that Al, however its a bit disappointing that the 1st religion people associate with any terror attack is Muslims. I remember when the, was it the Sri Lankan Bhengali Tigers were causing terror, the 1st response from people were aimed at Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda as the culprits

Now, to me that is not okay. if its a muslim or a muslim group, then okay, but people's 1st response should never be "it must have been a muslim again".. i find that quite offensive, because there is no room for the majority of good muslim people to breath, because now people fear anybody who follows Islam.

Sorry you feel that way but at the present time if there is a bombing it's odds on.

• Backroom

Islam's a difficult one, and a lot of people comment on it from a perspective of total ignorance. I've had to study it fairly extensively, and whilst I don't believe it to be a religion of peace, the people who attack innocent civilians in the name of Islam clearly have no idea what their own religious texts say. Their own holy book tells them they'll go to hell if they commit such acts - but most of them will not have read the Qur'an. They'll have been preached to by a religious 'leader' of some kind who has twisted the words to mean something else or perhaps even not read it himself.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Just as a matter of interedst how long is it since you left Blackburn SR?

Apologist rubbish that. You are obviously not a betting man. You are unfortunately rather typical of supposedly 'peaceful' muslims the world over who are quite content to turn a blind eye to members of their faith who carry out atrocities like Boston the world over. Ever heard the term 'shedding crocodile tears'?

Pick up any newspaper, switch on any news channel and muslims / muhammedans / islamists in the interests of expansionism are commiting atrocities, causing trouble and carrying out acts of terrorism the world over. How often have you heard of 'Jihad' attacks connected to other religions? Sure there are localised acts of political terrorism in the likes of Ireland, Spain, Sri Lanka etc (normally carried out by self styled 'Freedom fighters' of one sort or another, but how many indisriminate worldwide atrocities are carried out in the name of Christianity / Buddhism / Hinduism / Judaism? Not many that you can readily think of thats for sure.

I hold strong reservations of all religions and especially the ones which promote the ridiculous (and dangerous) concept of life after death. I consider them to be flaky but Islam is the flakiest that I can think of. I simply cannot understand why educated people need an invisible friend to get through their lives in a proper manner.

Archived