[Archived] Boston Marathon hit by Explosions

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

So was Al right or was he wrong?

He was right that that they are muslim as I just pointed out

That was never the issue i or others had with the post though

At this point we can presume a bit more knowing a bit about them (sky just said he likes M & M's) but at the time of the attack it was guessing which often turn out to be correct.

Hope they catch scumbag two Alive but not give him the platform to spread his vitrol

• Backroom

Same as yours is rovers related ... Oops fake wrestling ,

Not aimed at you Tom

That's ok I know your feelings on WWE and similar :P

Named as brothers from Chechnya

And yes Al they are Muslim

Second one still on the run but I doubt they will take him alive

Scary thought of the day ... England is overrun with these people and we could be a target . ..

By WE I mean footy/sport fans who attend events every week .

This ain't the wrestling thread Abs. Move along :P

Neither is it the NFL thread .. Moving behind you.

• Backroom

To play devils advocate (again) at this point we aren't 100% that their religion had anything to do with their actions

True there is certainly a recent history of atrocities committed in the name of Islam but these just may be nutters that happen to be muslim, or it could be more sinister again

I imagine its going to cause issues in America and a big level of distrust again

Edit it begins

View Post

@WGRZ: Police source: 2 Russian nationals pulled over in Niagara Falls; 4 suspicious backpacks in the car, robot & bomb techs on scene.

I don't know if there is a genuine threat there but if I was a Russian American I would avoid carrying a backpack for a while

If no one has posted it, check this out, the older brother, Suspect 1, may have been a boxer.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/04/19/tamerlan_tsarnaev_dead_bombing_suspect_i_don_t_have_a_single_american_friend.html or go to Salon.com if that link does not work. And the story links to pictures of him as a boxer.

Police have identified Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, as the "black hat"
bombing suspect, killed during the manhunt that followed. Readers have
pointed out that Johannes Hirn made Tsarnaev the subject of a photo essay,
"Will Box for Passport," taken before the boxer competed at National
Golden Gloves competition in Salt Lake City. The captions give us a
micro-profile of the suspect.

Whatever I say is going to sound like "I told you so" so suffice it to say that I am surprised that they are of Russian extraction and not from the Middle East.

• Backroom

Whatever I say is going to sound like "I told you so" so suffice it to say that I am surprised that they are of Russian extraction and not from the Middle East.

Their uncle was just interviewed and said everyone from the area he was from is muslim

I wasn't aware it was a wholly muslim place

Their uncle was just interviewed and said everyone from the area he was from is muslim

I wasn't aware it was a wholly muslim place

Nor was I but apparently they spent some time in the Middle East before going to the States.

These fellows I'm led to believe are Chechens (spelling, however it is said) actually and that seems to be a part of Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis See, the "Separatist Militants" as says below, some were Chechens. About 10 years, that school was taken over by these people.

The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan massacre)[2][3][4] of early September 2004 lasted three days and involved the capture of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children),[5] ending with the death of over 380 people. The crisis began when a group of armed Islamic separatist militants, mostly Ingush and Chechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia (an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation) on 1 September 2004. The terrorists were the Riyadus-Salikhin Battalion, sent by the Chechen separatist warlord Shamil Basayev,
who demanded recognition of the independence of Chechnya at the UN and
Russian withdrawal from Chechnya. On the third day of the standoff,
Russian security forces entered the building with the use of tanks, incendiary rockets and other heavy weapons.[6] At least 334 hostages were killed as a result of the crisis, including 186 children,[7][8] with a significant number of people injured and reported missing.

If they are Muslim then they are utter idiots, as what they've just done condemns them to hell in their own holy book.

Nice work, dickheads.

Yeah, because that's the reason why they're idiots.

Archived