BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boston Marathon hit by Explosions

• Backroom

By Sandy Hook I'm referring to the massacre in the school in Newtown. By far the worst very recent terror attack on US soil.

As for your second point you are possibly correct but that isn't the discussion here really is it?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for your second point you are possibly correct but that isn't the discussion here really is it?

No but it has relevance to some posters on here would you not say. Not speaking about anybody specifically.

Anyway if this does not turn out to be Muslim connected I will apologise on here.

• Backroom

No but it has relevance to some posters on here would you not say. Not speaking about anybody specifically.

Anyway if this does not turn out to be Muslim connected I will apologise on here.

I see your point but I'm not one of the super pc brigade by any means just wanted to see what transpires. When these crimes are committed by Muslims it often gets a lot Murkier as at times it can be in the name of Islam and tar a whole religion rather than just the nutjobs at the heart of it.

And if it does turn out to be Muslims I won't apologise for my original point but condemn the perpetrators for the scum they are

Boston seems an odd target I just hope the authorises find whoever is responsible

• Backroom

When was the last time Al-Queda attacked America on its own soil? 12 years ago? Why automatically assume it's a group that haven't done anything in the US for over a decade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDUJwKgXu5Q

I really would recommend some people watch this, along with the second and third parts. Far too many people believe the media and political hype surrounding this supposedly fearsome terrorist supergroup.

They are saying the bombs were made from Pressure Cookers. Make from that what one can. Or however one wants to interpret that. Is that a well known tool? Possibly take some sophistication to make<---- And then again, maybe not if you are involved in these kinds of things. Sounds like we get various pieces of info, maybe they have video of somebody putting these in trash cans?? And ball bearings in the Pressure Cooker.

Aluminium-Pressure-Cooker-YPC5035-5115-.

Probably Muslims again. What's wrong with these people? Why can't they just get on with their lives and leave the rest of us alone?

Don't quote the Crusades to me. That was centuries ago.

What a outrageous statement.....try waiting for the facts. You should be ashamed with yourself.

His statement is no more stupid than the faux outrage reaction. It's a bit of a leap to say what he said - but on the balance of probability there's a fair chance it was a Muslim terrorist group.

I wish people wouldn't be so quick to take the frankly lazy "I'm offended by that" route - it does us all more credit to try and talk it out.

Anyway - the bit that really got me last night was Obama's words. He essentially said we should all pray for the victims. That's exactly what you need to hear from the leader of the free World after a potentially religiously motivated terror attack - telling us to rely on religion. Until we stop actively promoting this nonsense there's very little hope that things will get anything but worse.

His statement is no more stupid than the faux outrage reaction. It's a bit of a leap to say what he said - but on the balance of probability there's a fair chance it was a Muslim terrorist group.

I wish people wouldn't be so quick to take the frankly lazy "I'm offended by that" route - it does us all more credit to try and talk it out.

Anyway - the bit that really got me last night was Obama's words. He essentially said we should all pray for the victims. That's exactly what you need to hear from the leader of the free World after a potentially religiously motivated terror attack - telling us to rely on religion. Until we stop actively promoting this nonsense there's very little hope that things will get anything but worse.

That's how it is in the U.S., you've got to kow tow to the religious fundamentalists at all times,

Probably Muslims again. What's wrong with these people? Why can't they just get on with their lives and leave the rest of us alone?

Don't quote the Crusades to me. That was centuries ago.

Possibly but making assumptions like that is wrong.

To be honest it looks too small scale and amateurish for the likes of al-Qaeda. More likely it is some right-wing US nutter trying to make a point about Obama's plan to tighten gun laws.

No, your post was aimed at Muslims, not terrorists.

Are you aware of FARC, ETA, The IRA, Shining Path, The Tamil Tigers to name but a few?

Was Timothy McVeigh a Muslim?

All terrorism is wicked. As was Noraid and their fund raising for the I.R.A, Boston was a big scource of cash for the I.R.A. But as usual its the innocent that suffer.

What a outrageous statement.....try waiting for the facts. You should be ashamed with yourself.

What were you doing on the internet when Rovers had a vital home match? At home waiting for the facts?You should be ashamed of yourself.

It doesn't sound like Muslim terrorist operation to me. More like the wacky extreme right survivalist nut jobs.

Yes, id agree, it would be a strange target for a terrorist bomb.

Yes, it doesn't really have the hallmarks of al Qaeda. They like multiple targets.

Strange that I've not read of any group claiming responsibility for it yet.

But then again, it really is a crazy world when someone proudly acclaims that indeed they are responsible for killing an 8 year in the name of whatever cause they feel to be worth such pain.

Packing the bombs with shrapnel too ... what the flip? Reminds me of the Soho pub bomber.

A bit morbid to speculate, but my suspicion is a one-man band.

Yes, it doesn't really have the hallmarks of al Qaeda. They like multiple targets.

Strange that I've not read of any group claiming responsibility for it yet.

But then again, it really is a crazy world when someone proudly acclaims that indeed they are responsible for killing an 8 year in the name of whatever cause they feel to be worth such pain.

Packing the bombs with shrapnel too ... what the flip? Reminds me of the Soho pub bomber.

A bit morbid to speculate, but my suspicion is a one-man band.

I heard an "expert" say, a person could be on a watch list, he can't get a state of the art bomb, so it's a primitive type of bomb.

To other things, for a long time, I thought an NFL game could be a place to do a bomb hit, I mean there are so many people in the stadium, in a fairly close area, so maybe security was well done at NFL games, so this hit was done this way, there was a warning once about a stadium hit but that was probably a few years ago. Still, a concert, a basketball, baseball, American football game, these seem to be places Terrorists could try a hit.

Also, a letter to Senator Wicker in Washington had "ricin", traces of it but the letter was intercepted.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/roger-wicker-letter-ricin-90171.html

They say these bombs are often seen in Iraq and Afghanistan but anyone could still try to build one I suppose, rather disconcerting that this could be built this way.

Not jumping to conclusions but we all deserve to know all of the facts, this is interesting and I'm not saying it is necessarily significant:

Several major news outlets are now confirming the bombs which were used in Boston yesterday were "made of pressure cookers packed with metal and ball bearings." Inspire, the glossy magazine-style publication put out by al Qaeda, detailed how to make pressure cooker bombs a few years ago.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/04/16/Pressure-Cooker-Bomb-Construction-Detainled-in-al-Qaeda-s-Inspire-Magazine

I'd heard about that magazine before. Amazing. Have never seen it.

And let me add in that yes, anyone can access this information. Hope there are not copy cats. I don't know if bombs were made like this a few decades ago when there was some bombing go on every now and then.

I heard these bombs are seen more in the Mid East but I guess, if you get the supplies, scary to think about, you could build them in most places.

What were you doing on the internet when Rovers had a vital home match? At home waiting for the facts?You should be ashamed of yourself.

I often sit with preston blue, he told me Saturday he wouldn't be at the Huddersfield game and where and why he planned to miss it. It's no one's business but I wouldn't be calling him, or anyone else for that matter, for not being at Ewood on any given match day.

Not in response to Al but as a general observation as several posters have used similar terms. There is no such thing as a Muslim terrorist unless one is very clear about using the word as an adjective. I'm not sure of how or when a proper noun is used as an adjective but it doesn't help.

There are terrorists who are Muslim just as there are / were catholic IRA members who bombed people. I don't recall the phrase Catholic terrorists being used at the time. Describing terrorists as Muslims immediately sends a message and it's best to avoid the phrase.

Non of your business sonny boy but I was cooking a Birthday meal for my wife.

What a lovely PC lad you are!

There are terrorists who are Muslim just as there are / were catholic IRA members who bombed people. I don't recall the phrase Catholic terrorists being used at the time. Describing terrorists as Muslims immediately sends a message and it's best to avoid the phrase.

That's probably because there were protestant, loyalist terrorists too. Scum the lot of them.

What a lovely PC lad you are!

That's probably because there were protestant, loyalist terrorists too. Scum the lot of them.

yep, she had stuffed butternut squash....with goats cheese, tomato, garlic corriander and a parmesan crust. Mine was a nice big steak. She was most unhappy when I left the table to listen to Rovers rather than her goodself :rock:

By Sandy Hook I'm referring to the massacre in the school in Newtown. By far the worst very recent terror attack on US soil.

I wouldn't define Sandy Hook as a terrorist attack, unless every attack is "terrorist" in motivation in which case the term loses all meaning.

Sandy Hook was the act of a lone delusional madman lashing out at society. No political, religious or other goals were meant to be advanced, just getting even with illusory but perceived slights.

• Backroom

Seems like sections of the Internet have been doing their own detective work own this and anyone in photos with a black backpack is a suspect

Must admit some of them make you think when you compare the backpack that exploded and the ones people are carrying

I wouldn't define Sandy Hook as a terrorist attack, unless every attack is "terrorist" in motivation in which case the term loses all meaning.

Sandy Hook was the act of a lone delusional madman lashing out at society. No political, religious or other goals were meant to be advanced, just getting even with illusory but perceived slights.

Virginia Tech massacre may have been worse 'cept Sandy Hook had children, no matter who did it is bad but I believe the fellow was a Korean Student named Cho, just for record in Virginia. Cho killed 32, so the numbers of it with Sandy Hook I think are close to the same. Cho's reason was probably being jilted by a girl and he set up things on social media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho

DiCanio went to the funeral of that guy who killed 85 people in Bologna Italy with a bomb.

Archived