BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boston Marathon hit by Explosions

• Backroom

Conspiracy corner: there was a bombing drill taking place when the bombs went off.

Is it possible, then, that the US had been warned of the attack and the 'drill' was in fact a genuine security operation?

Only speculating as the track record of the US government in covering up things from it's citizens ain't great.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the first news reports did definitely say that other bombs were destroyed, blown up while now they say there were not other bombs, so I don't jump in on conspiracy theories, I would just say, after other similar types of events, I figured, it would be too early to figure out who could have done this or what is really going on.

Somewhere they'll break a lead, probably.

• Backroom

Suspect arrested

Caught by video evidence dropping the bag, described as a dark skinned male

Edit CNN now not sure if he has been arrested or just identified

Right, CNN walks it back after everyone almost repeated it, to their credit, Fox News has kept their cards close to the chest and was not saying all the stuff CNN was like the suspect is "dark skinned" and all of that. I'm a news junkie, so these kinds of stories always get me wired up. Pardon me all. Early reports we are seeing can be questionable at least, they are trying to scoop each other. On the other hand, we get as curious as can be as to info on this.

^ Seems like the video surveillance was pretty good and they have a variety of potential suspects. Some look professional (like the two gentleman dressed alike) and others look like they're on meds or exhausted (such as the gentleman in the blue jacket and red shirt). Either way I'm confident the FBI will catch the mass murdering scum.

Another more mainstream source of the pictures from the earlier link: http://www.infowars.com/boston-bombing-culprits-found/

Have to say the pictures are pretty compelling. This website is conspiratorial but that doesn't mean it's always wrong. You know, a Stopped Clock is still right two times a day.

I just hope these foul ups from the press don't mess up the hunt for the suspects.

Another more mainstream source of the pictures from the earlier link: http://www.infowars.com/boston-bombing-culprits-found/

Have to say the pictures are pretty compelling. This website is conspiratorial but that doesn't mean it's always wrong. You know, a Stopped Clock is still right two times a day.

I just hope these foul ups from the press don't mess up the hunt for the suspects.

There's one particular photo - that guy in the doorway - which looks real shifty. Taken out of context, though, anything can be made to look suspicious.

Based on what? One's looking the other way and the other's an Arab looking fella?

Oh noes but they both had bags! :o

Based on what? One's looking the other way and the other's an Arab looking fella?

Good catch, I'm hearing NY Post may have blown this thing totally, that these two are a coach and a track runner. Unbelievable. I guess we can't know. We really don't know hardly anything. From the pictures, I look at the guy with the blue jacket, red shirt and beard. Seems one of the packs that blew up had reflective stripes on it like his but obviously, we don't know.

http://gawker.com/5994955/the-posts-person-of-interest-is-a-local-high+school-track-runner (the guys are involved in track)

Carrying one of those "pressure cooker bombs", then filled with nails and ball bearings, that has to weigh a lot. Well, the FBI seems to say they have photos of at least one suspect, they are only giving them to Law Enforcement now but that could change.

• Backroom

Amazingly despite being brown and having a backpack they look like they aren't the perpetrators at all, what are the chances?

The guy's backback bulges big time and looks like there is a circular device in it. It pushes out, by the same token, if they found a back pack with reflective stripes and if the guy with the beard, blue shirt, red jacket had a backpack with reflective stripes, that looks suspicious but he's white.

And it seems that someone here first posted CNN saying the suspect was "dark skinned".

I once had to carry a car battery some distance, some car batteries I researched on the web can weigh 39 pounds average the site said because of the led. That seemed heavy with a carry handle, so a backpack carrying a crock pot/pressure cooker filled with nails and ball bearings must be a bit hefty.

uxAh4wwh.jpg

And it seems like one of the bags found later has that kind of stripe on it. But I don't think "suspect I" could be, you do wonder about suspect 2's backpack and the stripe but yes, we are playing amatuer sleuth here.

So CNN reported "dark skin" suspect at first, the guy's backpack of the guy with the cap really does bulge out.

http://www.infowars.com/boston-bombing-culprits-found/

• Backroom

Suspect one there is a policeman or similar he is seen in photos after the blast still with his backpack on

The guys the New York post identified got harassed today and have had to come out to protest their innocence, this is the danger of Internet vigilantes

Internet Vigilantes? I think they are saying this attack probably has more video footage than any other we have seen. I see nothing wrong with people being curious as to who the culprits of this carnage are and reviewing the tapes. It's unfortunate if someone appears to look suspicious in some people's eyes but I think it's the backpack type of thing. Internet gumshoes is more like the proper term.

People are curious, in one frame you have a crowd of people, in the next one, you see a lot of emptiness and what looks like a sidewalk cafe.

I guess the people who lost their limbs and loved ones in some cases, have no right to review this.

Investigators have now cleared the two men whose pictures were

circulated last night in an email among law enforcement officials,

sources told The Post today.

Authorities determined neither had any information or role in Monday’s attacks at the Boston Marathon.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/investigators_determine_marathon_Pu15seYXiNS1fIyqbRWlLK

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/investigators_determine_marathon_Pu15seYXiNS1fIyqbRWlLK

If the FBI circulated pictures of these two which the above seems to say, that is hardly Internet Vigiliantism.

Pretty ambiguous looking, if you ask me. No way of telling if the possible suspects, even if the FBI is on the right track, are crazed Muslin extremists or home grown domestic "We hate the IRS and/or the bourgeoisie culture" terrorists.

So I think we have to let it go with the FBI wants to talk to these guys and they may or may not be relevant to the investigation.

So much for skin color being a factor.

It's going down folks, the hunt is on, Suspect I who is the "big guy" is dead.

Suspect 2 is being hunted now, tune into your news cause some of this is unbelievable, one person said Suspect 2 has been lobbing grenades at the police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22212946#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa

Police officer shot and killed at MIT (Massachussets' Institute of Technology) ?? This going on in the Watertown area.

• Backroom

One suspect shot dead after a shootout the other is still on the run

The clearer pictures make them look middle eastern possibly

Edit - what he said

Guest Norbert

So there has been some sort of shootout and car chase, and one of the suspects has been shot dead. For some reason I thought it wouldn't necessarily be Islamic loonies who look a bit too ethnic for some people. They might still be Islamic loonies, but I reckon they're more likely to be right wing Timothy McVeighesque loonies. No doubt once the identities of the suspects are released, the press will inform us of their beliefs, sexual preferences and suchlike.

Archived