BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood set to become Rovers manager

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a masterstroke to take a defender and turn him into a striker.

i wonder how many players have actually played and performed in all three outfield roles???

Niclas Alexandersson (Of Sheffield Wednesday, Everton, and IFK Göteborg fame. 109 caps) was one of the most versatile players I've ever known of. At the professional level I believe he's played in every single outfield position in competitive games. Was primarily a midfielder, mainly right wing, but played all across midfield and often at right back. I don't think he was very good in the centre of defense, but all the other positions he could play competently.

Niclas Alexandersson (Of Sheffield Wednesday, Everton, and IFK Göteborg fame. 109 caps) was one of the most versatile players I've ever known of. At the professional level I believe he's played in every single outfield position in competitive games. Was primarily a midfielder, mainly right wing, but played all across midfield and often at right back. I don't think he was very good in the centre of defense, but all the other positions he could play competently.

Mike England must have been Rovers most versatile player ever. He played right back, both wing half positions right and left ( defensive midfield today ), centre half, inside right ( attacking midfield ) and centre forward.

Archived