BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood set to become Rovers manager

I think this is a good idea. keeps Shebby in his place and Tim Sherwood has always been well-motivated to Rovers(it was Hodgson who rubbed the team up the wrong way. Depends on two things -Bowyer's reaction to a DoF,and Venkys cash to invest in the team over next 3 years.

Still want Venkys to go...but don't we all!

the betting suggests it is as manager NOT DoF.Sherwood in as manager with Shebby as DoF in which case mission accomplished for Shebby who can wax his little dolphin every morning at the thought of what a sh1te malaysian TV pundit has managed to achieve.

The Club is bent, the whole game of football is bent.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the betting suggests it is as manager NOT DoF.Sherwood in as manager with Shebby as DoF in which case mission accomplished for Shebby who can wax his little dolphin every morning at the thought of what a sh1te malaysian TV pundit has managed to achieve.

The Club is bent, the whole game of football is bent.

Why would Sherwood do that? It would kill his managerial career before it had even started.

I'm not saying I want Sherwood because I'm not sure I do, but one positive I can see is that Sherwood wouldn't come unless he could call the shots.

I'd be far more worried about interference of Bowyer got it. But then I'm less worried in other aspects because we know he can get results.

Why would Sherwood do that? It would kill his managerial career before it had even started.

I'm not saying I want Sherwood because I'm not sure I do, but one positive I can see is that Sherwood wouldn't come unless he could call the shots.

I'd be far more worried about interference of Bowyer got it. But then I'm less worried in other aspects because we know he can get results.

£2m says he'd take the job under any circumstances

Let's be honest, Nicko could come out with any crackpot name and it wouldn't beyond the realms of Shebby's stupidity. The man is that deluded when it comes to football management. He thinks he can appease the fans with ex-players (Sherwood, McKinlay, Berg..), in spite of their credentials (or lack thereof) to manage a Championship side. Also, is it me, or were the fans quite divided on Sherwood last time around? Wasn't that why BRAG ruffled a few feathers when they put Sherwood & McKinlay in the same bracket? Like I said, I reckon they could do a lot worse if they really wanted to hang Shebby out to dry. I won't rule your scenario out, however. This is the situation we find ourselves in under Venky's expert care. The in-house fighting will carry on unabated until some unseen force steps in.

So you are open to the possibility that Shebby is not connected with any speculation concerning Sherwood but Agnew might be?

Whoever the manager is going to be Venkys Singh Shaw, Agnew or whoever need to pull their finger out and appoint someone. We can't afford another summer of dithering about.

Can't help thinking that all these delays in making urgently required decisions make for debilitating and endless speculation.

Rovers officals are hoping to install Bowyer as manager as soon as today.

Staff at Ewood remained puzzled yesterday by continuing reports linking the club with a move for Sherwood.

Shebby Singh isnt back at Ewood Park yet and now gone on a 2 weeks Holiday back home to Mayalsia.

this is from Today's Lancashire Telegraph.

Thats what everyone said about Berg.

So you are open to the possibility that Shebby is not connected with any speculation concerning Sherwood but Agnew might be?

Possible. But there's no smoke without Shebby.

Staff at Ewood remained puzzled yesterday by continuing reports linking the club with a move for Sherwood.

Shebby Singh isnt back at Ewood Park yet and now gone on a 2 weeks Holiday back home to Mayalsia.

I reckon I could manage it easily.

10 hours to KL

one day to find Shebby

nick his passport

back in Sydney 10 hours later.

there'd be even time to deck him

What the bloody hell does that mean?

He wants the job, he's currently employed by the club, these numb-nuts must not have enough experience of drawing up contracts that it should be an open-and-shut case *if this is the man they want*.

What's the crack here? Printer run out of ink? Batteries gone flat on the magic eight ball? Mr Derek been caught with a full bottle of tippex again?

Or perhaps the real reason is that no-one at Ewood can agree on anything and they all have different agendas? And we're about to see yet another command-and-control failure being played out.

Would be ridiculous if we've been making signings on Bowyer's apparent say-so and thyen we appoint Sherwood. Can't see that happening, it's probably going to be Bowyer, so stop bell-ending around and appoint him.

Classic Agnew

I don't believe a word they print anymore after the whole 'No investigation into Shaw' thing.

these numb-nuts must not have enough experience of drawing up contracts

I don't think it's an area of expertise to be honest. Maybe they're deliberating over the number of years pay off they need to provide? "Six!" - "No, that doesn't sound right - how's about eight? 28?" Then again maybe the fax machine is playing up again? Waiting for spare parts?

It could be anything. Perhaps Shebby has to physically sign it off and he's had to take another two weeks holiday. Rushed off his feet that lad.

Not just me then ? Batty was twice the player Sherwood was. Flitcroft was better and if you're talking playmakers give me Berkovic before Sherwood any day.

My my you do carry a grudge well. Are you a Riversider by any chance? You've still got your knife into our very own Captain Fantastic I see.

Batty was certainly a good player, different strengths and weaknesses but certainly in the same league as Sherwood, I rem my suprise to find that he was a very good player as well as a midfield enforcer. Flitty was a midfield growler, an all action, well ard, getter and giver (nothing wrong with that cos every team needs one) but he could pick his nose better than pick out a pass. Berkovic was the best inside forward that I have seen since Duggy but off the ball he was as much use as I was..... and I was sat in the JW Upper! Fantastic ability but he simply refused to tackle anybody and anything.

Just as an observation and I'm not particularly in favour of Sherwood returning as manager but why did so many support the possibility of Shearer coming as manager on a number of occasions yet nowhere near as many seem to want Sherwood? Odd isn't it? A good player is no indication of managerial ability no matter how much some people seem to think it is. At least Sherwood hasn't had a glorious failure stamped in bold black and white lettering on page 1 of his cv like Big Al.. There are some very strange thought processes at work around here.

Batty was a crab. The wheels almost came off the title win when he was put in.

Your second sentence is true but your first shows you don't understand the game very well. He was a miles better player than Atkins but Batty's return from injury disrupted the midfield somewhat as well as co-incide with massive tension building within the squad. If you have any criticisms you should direct them full on at KMD cos Batty didn't pick himself did he?

My my you do carry a grudge well. Are you a Riversider by any chance? You've still got your knife into our very own Captain Fantastic I see.

Batty was certainly a good player, different strengths and weaknesses but certainly in the same league as Sherwood, I rem my suprise to find that he was a very good player as well as a midfield enforcer. Flitty was a midfield growler, an all action, well ard, getter and giver (nothing wrong with that cos every team needs one) but he could pick his nose better than pick out a pass. Berkovic was the best inside forward that I have seen since Duggy but off the ball he was as much use as I was..... and I was sat in the JW Upper! Fantastic ability but he simply refused to tackle anybody and anything.

Just as an observation and I'm not particularly in favour of Sherwood returning as manager but why did so many support the possibility of Shearer coming as manager on a number of occasions yet nowhere near as many seem to want Sherwood? Odd isn't it? A good player is no indication of managerial ability no matter how much some people seem to think it is. At least Sherwood hasn't had a glorious failure stamped in bold black and white lettering on page 1 of his cv like Big Al.. There are some very strange thought processes at work around here.

I can only really remember big support for Shearer on here after Sparky left. When you've been successful for a few years, you think nothing is going to change and that's why so many of us (including me) were so snotty about Big Sam. Four months of Paul Ince thankfully kicked that out of us.

Possible translation :

Line 1: Some people in Mumbai were not happy they only got 6/1 on Bowyer when his odds drifted the other day or Those of us at Ewood back Bowyer ( Mr Blackburn Rovers lifelong supporter and Shaw) so it must be the other chain of command who are holding things up,( pssss whisper whisper Venky's out it's all their fault so don't look at our involvement or that of our associates)

Line 2 ; Aggers wasn't pleased that the link to Sherwood leaked to the press did not result in 100% hate campaign in Singh's direction

Line 3: Because line 2 did not result as expected , will try this one.

...... When you've been successful for a few years, you think nothing is going to change and that's why so many of us (including me) were so snotty about Big Sam. Four months of Paul Ince thankfully kicked that out of us.

Didn't kick it out of everybody though Gally did it? Even worse 2 years of Steve Kean and all the shyte of last season and WHU replacing us and finishing 10th first season still hasn't kicked it out of some of the thickest. Incredible though it may seem there are still plenty of Sam haters out there.

Guest Norbert

I can only really remember big support for Shearer on here after Sparky left. When you've been successful for a few years, you think nothing is going to change and that's why so many of us (including me) were so snotty about Big Sam. Four months of Paul Ince thankfully kicked that out of us.

There was a revival of the 'we want Shearer' chant when Kean left too, but thankfully that was not acted upon.

Your second sentence is true but your first shows you don't understand the game very well. He was a miles better player than Atkins but Batty's return from injury disrupted the midfield somewhat as well as co-incide with massive tension building within the squad. If you have any criticisms you should direct them full on at KMD cos Batty didn't pick himself did he?

What a shock. An patronising reply :lol:

Batty may have been a better individual player to Atkins (a converted full back who cost 1/60th the transfer fee) but as a team he made Rovers weaker. So much so that they never recovered and the next season they limped into the worst Premiership finish (7th) by a reigning champion and the 2nd worst finish by a reigning champion in the last 30 years (beaten only by Leeds in 92/93). The lowlight being a few choice and classy homophobic words with Le Saux and a proud televised punch up during a Champions League match. Thank god Newcastle had money to burn

In a list of Rovers' midfield legends he isn't fit to comb the arsehairs of Atkins or Sherwood

But it's all about opinions of course

Archived