BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood set to become Rovers manager

Can't say I'm too happy about that. I didn't think much of him as a player, I didn't like his attitude. Even his mum wouldn't have said he was a grafter. One of the sort of players who rely on other guys to get the team a foothold in the game, then they play.

Ludicrous comment. Did your seat not face the pitch? Sherwood was a top player, playmaker and captain who lifted the PL trophy on our behalf. Poor players don't ever do that. As for grafting we played with two strikers and two wide men so how you can even suggest that the two in the middle weren't grafters shows you don't know as much about football as you think you do.

Be honest Tyrone it was his hair do that you didn't like wasn't it?.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure why your so interested?

But I'm at least going to avoid posting in the silly threads and only post when there is actually something new and of substance brfc wise to comment on(Like todays Sherwood rumours)

Substance in rumours??? I've heard it all now!

Ludicrous comment. Did your seat not face the pitch? Sherwood was a top player, playmaker and captain who lifted the PL trophy on our behalf. Poor players don't ever do that. As for grafting we played with two strikers and two wide men so how you can even suggest that the two in the middle weren't grafters shows you don't know as much about football as you think you do.

I didn't mind his hair but he did look remarkably like a girl called Denise in one of my classes at the time - I struggled not to call her Tim.

Can't say I'm too happy about that. I didn't think much of him as a player, I didn't like his attitude. Even his mum wouldn't have said he was a grafter. One of the sort of players who rely on other guys to get the team a foothold in the game, then they play. At least we'll have Bowyer in the wings if we have to blow Sherwood out if things go tits up again.

FFS! Really???

Kenny Dalglish's captain.......say no more.

Substance in rumours??? I've heard it all now!

rumours from sports journalists and presenters is a little more substantial than from board members saying they heard from a friend of a friend(who cant be named,etc..), is all I meant!(you don't like the news FINE, no need to get picky with me though fella)

(and we have made an official move for him in the past, so its not to far fetched)

Will the bookies pay out if Sherwood is appointed? The book is for the "Rovers manager on 1st day of next season". This could change 2 or 3 times by 3rd August. Anyone who has had a bet I would advise you to hang onto your slips as you never know with this circus.

My problem is I wasn't born with blue and white eyes. I try and be objective about our players and I watch both teams. As I said he was the sort of player that was capable of murdering the opposition once Rovers got on top, he'd never get you on top though. Funny how he never did anything with any of the other clubs he played for.

How many do? they do well at Rovers because if they are that good the team is set up to play to their strengths. Get in a team of good players and it's a very different game. I didn't see sherwood play myself but I don't think people here are seeing him through blue and white specs

My problem is I wasn't born with blue and white eyes. I try and be objective about our players and I watch both teams. As I said he was the sort of player that was capable of murdering the opposition once Rovers got on top, he'd never get you on top though. Funny how he never did anything with any of the other clubs he played for.

you're argument is that he was too much of a team player ;)

(The Tottenham team he played in was pretty weak, so he was unlikely to achieve anything there)

He'd certainly got us on top at Old Trafford till that Durkin shamefully invented a reason to disallow it when neither a soul in the crowd or even Roy Keane and the MU players claimed a foul. However one could say similar about Patrick Vierra but he was absolutely Captain Fantastic for Arsenal. Sorry Tyrone you are on a real loser with this one and in danger of making a fool of yourself. As I've said only top top players have ever lifted that Trophy wearing the captains armband.

I often wondered what the old git's with hush puppies, beige anoraks, flask and rug used to find to dislike and boo Sherwood for. Now I'm finding out. No doubt you hated the likes of Carsley, Wilcox, MGP, Neill, EHD, Sav etc too?

He'd certainly got us on top at Old Trafford till that Durkin shamefully invented a reason to disallow it when neither a soul in the crowd or even Roy Keane and the MU players claimed a foul. However one could say similar about Patrick Vierra but he was absolutely Captain Fantastic for Arsenal. Sorry Tyrone you are on a real loser with this one and in danger of making a fool of yourself. As I've said only top top players have ever lifted that Trophy wearing the captains armband.

I often wondered what the old git's with hush puppies, beige anoraks, flask and rug used to find to dislike and boo Sherwood for. Now I'm finding out. No doubt you hated the likes of Carsley, Wilcox, MGP, Neill, EHD, Sav etc too?

You seem to have a real problem with hush puppies Gordon. Did somebody wearing them tread on you when you were a child?

You seem to have a real problem with hush puppies Gordon. Did somebody wearing them tread on you when you were a child?

Hush puppies but I could have included polyveldts too!

Al surely you must have seen parties of blockheads?.... Shoes like dead pigs noses and all that. ^_^

Dury what a legend!

All top managers have to start somewhere. Like it or not, we are now a starting point club. May be rubbish. But Steve Clarke is doing OKish and has similar background in coaching. Will be able to attract better players than Bowyer. Gary has done enough to get a job at a lower division side and good luck to him, he deserves it. But if we still aspire to go to the top(?!) then Sherwood has to be worth a gamble.

Really? How many gambles do you take before you realise that you stand a far better chance of doing well with someone who knows what they are doing at this level? Or at any level for that matter! Couldn't stand Allardyce but as Gordon keeps reminding us, he does know what it takes. Even some experience is better than absolutely none, which is what Sherwood has.I'd take Bowyer over him any day, just because he's proved he can sort things out when they appear to be irretrievable. It's not about attracting top players now anyway - it's about keeping the decent stuff we have and getting a team that can play together and for the manager.

Objective? I would think that would be obvious.

Like all egoists, he wants to be proven right and his detractors wrong.

He wanted Tim Sherwood and got Berg and Appleton instead. If he gets Tim Sherwood and he's a success, he'll be the "football genius". If he's proven wrong, doubtless he'll come up with some excuse.

Objective? I would think that would be obvious.Like all egoists, he wants to be proven right and his detractors wrong.He wanted Tim Sherwood and got Berg and Appleton instead. If he gets Tim Sherwood and he's a success, he'll be the "football genius". If he's proven wrong, doubtless he'll come up with some excuse.

When does Super Atko get a go?

Archived