BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are Venkys stuck with Rovers now?

There has been a growing amount of speculation about potential parties wanting to buy Rovers going back some time now.But if the Trust have it right that its losing £40million and losing a £2.5m a month then what woul be in it for any buyer?

With FFP around the corner it appears to limit the amount of money any one can spend.

In that case, you would need a gigantic amount of cash to clear the decks and then be limited on what you could spend based on our decreasing amount of turnover.The idea of returning to the PL any time soon with parachute payments all but gone for us after this year how could anyone justify banging a load of cash in to clean it up and then be completely restricted about what you could spend to get promoted??

If Venkys have spent substantial sums of money so far, which you imagine they have or will have to (debt or otherwise) then how does it ever change hands without Venkys dropping a shed load of money? IF the Trust numbers are correct then Venkys will end up nearly £100 million down the river and there just doesnt seem any way anybody can come in and deal with it.

So we might all feel we are stuck with Venkys but i wonder now if actually the reverse is true as well??

Its not exactly an attractive proposition, the Club has been nationally and globally trashed in public particularly over the last 12 months and its a financial wreck.

Despite the Trust making their Presentation to the owners there looks to be nil prospect of them doing anything financially at the level required.The 2 Ian's have gone very quiet having been also scandalously ignored and there are various names being thrown around about potentially interested parties in recent days .

But am i alone in thinking it looks impossible to do for any of them??

TBTF it has recently been speculated that one of the parties interested in buying the club has someone looking over the books and now it has gone a bit quiet that speaks volumes imo the chances of anyone willing to buy us and clear up the mess pay off the players that are no longer wanted and then arm the new man with a decent transfer budget for players there's more chance of of me seeing a flying pig outside the window. Given the new rules with FFP you couldn't do it anyway but even in this day and age to find someone with that much cash is highly unlikely and at least now Venkys are trying to correct some of their wrongs by buying players not needed out of their contracts e.g. Smurphs, Gomes etc.. the chances of a new owner doing the same is unlikely because of the mess that Venkys made at the beginning and the signing of players on such lucrative terms means its very unlikely anyone would take on such a mission and also tbh after the last 3 years of upheavel I would not want anyone new buying the club as we would never know whether they will stick with GB and then you have the issue of who the new man would want in atm with things looking up GB given his contract for the season and with him bringing in his own players I would rather things stayed the same and if GB continues to bring through better players and carries on getting rid of the deadwood in the squad I welcome the stability.

Brfc hasn't been viable as a business since 1960.. Nonsense, complete and utter rubbish. Rovers were close to promotion to the top tier before uncle jacks cash was pumped in. We have a track record, even prior to th academy to unearthing great young players and selling them on.

I hate negative posts like this, maybe we shouldve just wound the club in the 60's and supported Darwen instead??? There is more to a club than the size or wealth of a town... York, Cambridge, Bradford you could look right down the ladder. We are where we deserve to be because over the past 100 or so years we have earnt that right...

They aren't stuck with us, Im sure they could offload us for a nominal fee if someone was willing to take on the debts and honour the contracts.

They aren't stuck with us, Im sure they could offload us for a nominal fee if someone was willing to take on the debts and honour the contracts.

Thats the whole point of the post Baz-why would anybody want to spend that massive amount of money to wipe out Venkys legacies and then not be able to spend on a promotion push because of FFP? You could never get your money back under the new rules.

Thats the whole point of the post Baz-why would anybody want to spend that massive amount of money to wipe out Venkys legacies and then not be able to spend on a promotion push because of FFP? You could never get your money back under the new rules.

4 options off the top of my head.

1 local fan who wants to rescue from Venkys chaos

2 business who want to grow rovers in medium term investment, hope to sell once gained promotion and back settled in PL and make some cash

3 stupid people with too much money

4 people who will build the debt, sell any remaining assets and stick the club in administration.

Archived