BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

He's done it for at least the last three seasons. Why do you think the next one will be any difference. You are welcome to your opinion. I would just like to know on what you base that opinion.

Just a feeling based on no more than his quietish end of the season and the change in emphasis to Rudy. Just a hunch that I hope is incorrect. 20 is a high benchmark.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a feeling based on no more than his quietish end of the season and the change in emphasis to Rudy. Just a hunch that I hope is incorrect. 20 is a high benchmark.

Not at £8m and £50,000 a week in this league its not!

Careful Gordon. We all know you are not Jordan's biggest fan, but he ain't bad in the air. Certainly lacks the pace that makes average players look good but GB wouldn't plonk JR on the front of the 6 yard box for every corner against us if he thought he was bad with his head. He might not have the power to be a target man like Gestede, but to label him "poorly equipped" is fairly laughable.

The difference having two players up top makes to the long ball is massive. I like to see teams mix it up either way, and the more these two play together- the more second balls they will win. Essentially that is one of Allardyce's mantras- the higher the percentage of attacking or defensive second balls won, the more goals scored or less conceded.

Facing goal he is good and scores his share of goals from crosses across the 6 yard line. Facing away from goal and the target of a long ball out of defence with a CH on his back he ducks out of every challenge. 6ft tall in his stockinged feet and 4ft 6" when he jumps. This is one area (there are more) where he could improve his game quite easily and without a problem but will he?

He's done it for at least the last three seasons. Why do you think the next one will be any difference. You are welcome to your opinion. I would just like to know on what you base that opinion.

My guess is he's basing it on the two "barren" spells Rhodes had this season. In theory one would think he might score more given that we have a real threat in Rudy. Defenders now can not simply focus on Rhodes. Also a change to the rules that Rhodes can be fouled persistantly without punishment and you can not conceed a penalty by fouling Rhodes in the box might help too.

Archived