BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

Anyone at the game yesterday think Rhodes going absolutely mental at Hanley and Keane after Sheff Weds second game told a real story?

For those that wernt there - Williamson had the ball in the centre circle awaiting kick off while Rhodes told the defenders what they should have been doing rather than what they where doing. He was probably waiting for a minute or so.

Might be very paranoid, but all I could think was "he knows he's better than them, he knows they will cock up". Can't see him being happy to spend another year in the Championship next season.

One might also suggest that if he'd got on with the match the ref might not have awarded quite so much injury time.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Rhodes is a good player , who we paid over the odds for ...

25yrs ago yesterday Simon Garner broke the Rovers goalscoring record ...

How much , would he be worth today ?

I know who I would prefer ...

Theres only one Simon Garner !

Seriously?!

I'm not old enough to have seen Garner play, but his scoring record - in the lower leagues - is pretty shocking.

Something like one goal every four or five games?

If Rhodes played as many games as Garner did for us, he would score twice as many.

Not even close in terms of comparing who I'd rather have in our team.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously?!

I'm not old enough to have seen Garner play, but his scoring record - in the lower leagues - is pretty shocking.

Something like one goal every four or five games?

If Rhodes played as many games as Garner did for us, he would score twice as many.

Not even close in terms of comparing who I'd rather have in our team.

So you never saw him play but you've got an opinion about him, typical of modern fans

So you never saw him play but you've got an opinion about him, typical of modern fans

yep, those who saw him play for us regularly know what the term legend means

Without any doubt George Best was the greatest player I got see see play live - once was on a mud field called Goodison Park when George was sporting a beer belly and just walked on water. Mind you our Bryan was bloody good too.

To a previous poster - in Simon Garner's Rovers career he averaged a goal every 3 games - not every 4 or 5, there's a limit to poetic licence!

Simon Garner was a real hero to the fans at the time, as he was someone the working man could associate with. He epitomised the struggle the club was going through at the time and was in every way a legend. Given that we very nearly sold him for a pittance and Garns himself turned the move down in order to fight for a place in the team, you have to admire everything he achieved.

He scored all sorts of goals from many headers from our unplayable near post corner routine to fantastic volleys to even outfoxing big burley centre halves on the half way line, racing clear and slotting one past the keeper.

I named my son after him, as I consider him to be my childhood hero, irrespective of the level we played at, when he was in his prime. He still is a proud Rover and a true Rovers legend. There truly is only ONE Simon Garner

Garner's all round game was a mile ahead of Rhodes, he held up play well and he could make runs down the wing and put good crosses in as well as being a poacher and a scorer of spectacular goals. He usually played up front with people he had to carry and played in an era where strikers used to get kicked around the park every week and still be expected to pop with a goal after all that. A true legend. The comparison is unfair on Rhodes as he is genuinely nowhere near that standard.

Garner's all round game was a mile ahead of Rhodes, he held up play well and he could make runs down the wing and put good crosses in as well as being a poacher and a scorer of spectacular goals. He usually played up front with people he had to carry and played in an era where strikers used to get kicked around the park every week and still be expected to pop with a goal after all that. A true legend. The comparison is unfair on Rhodes as he is genuinely nowhere near that standard.

A perfect analogy

A perfect analogy

Completely agree, I was going to like the posts but got this message

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

call me Mr Positive from now on

:lol:

Simon Garner was a real hero to the fans at the time, as he was someone the working man could associate with. He epitomised the struggle the club was going through at the time and was in every way a legend. Given that we very nearly sold him for a pittance and Garns himself turned the move down in order to fight for a place in the team, you have to admire everything he achieved.

He scored all sorts of goals from many headers from our unplayable near post corner routine to fantastic volleys to even outfoxing big burley centre halves on the half way line, racing clear and slotting one past the keeper.

I named my son after him, as I consider him to be my childhood hero, irrespective of the level we played at, when he was in his prime. He still is a proud Rover and a true Rovers legend. There truly is only ONE Simon Garner

Legendary post :tu:

Garner is a legend but only to rovers he was a lower league striker after all an there is probably 50/100 better strikers to have played in the English divisions since him.

An from all the clips I've seen Puskas looked better than Pele.

The irony of some of these posts by supporters slagging Jordan off is really uncalled for, without his goals last season we would have been in league 1, without his goals this season we would not have reached 8th. The same goes for our manager.

The partnership with Rudy is going to be the best we have had since SAS, There is a saying, be careful of what you wish for because once they have gone you then realize what you are missing.

Come xmas we will have conclusive proof on all the above.

Form is temporary and many a charge has been thwarted by 3 months off

Hopefully, in spite of the many question marks, Bowyer will prove to be the messiah he is being painted as and we return to the Premierleague. We will all be happy, a future without Venkies will be closer and we will have a manager who has proved many wrong and has the the added bonus of being and nice guy and having club's interest at heart.

Then we can concentrate on cutting out the tumour

The irony of some of these posts by supporters slagging Jordan off is really uncalled for, without his goals last season we would have been in league 1, without his goals this season we would not have reached 8th. The same goes for our manager.

The partnership with Rudy is going to be the best we have had since SAS, There is a saying, be careful of what you wish for because once they have gone you then realize what you are missing.

His goals scored are brilliant but are you saying that he doesn't need to improve other aspects of his game pete? Surely you cannot be happy with his all round contribution to the team effort and his teamwork?

Archived