BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

You aren't the only person I've heard mention the 'know when to sell him' case, however I simply don't believe we'd make the squad stronger for what we'd get for him (I don't believe we'd get more than we paid for him) PLUS people wouldn't believe we'd reinvest the money, people would just assume that Venkys would pocket the cash and simply add the cost of any new signings to the overall and ever increasing debt the club has...

I certainly wouldn't expect all the money to be reinvested, I don't think anyone would.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dougie was the star in that team - but THE fans favourite was Fergie.

There were a lot of stars in that team, but not many would have said McEvoy was the star. Hence my point that Rhodes isn't the star player, he's out top goalscorers.

(Exactly who is our star/ best player though, I don't know. If you base it on footballing ability though, it isn't Jordan). :)

I was thinking more along the lines of who was our star player in this team - Else Bray Newton Clayton England McGrath Ferguson McEvoy Pickering Dougls Harrison.?

To some posters on here, it would have to be Andy McEvoy.

Dougie was the genius, Ronnie the driving force and Fergie was the cult hero but what a team that was den, as good as anything I've seen play in 'blue & white' in terms of entertainment.

Also in today's Sunday People, its says that Rhodes will sign his NEW Rovers contract in July!!!!

721019EA-2F48-44FB-B1AD-A60075F7CB54.jpg

Uncredited secret-undercover-sports-spy-mole claptrap.

Wonder if it's the same contract that Junior Hoilett was 'ready to sign'?

im sure it will have a minimum release clause in it, I really don't think he will be here next season and if he is, he must be mad, im pretty sure a lot of lower/midtable premier league clubs will be in for him in the summer

im sure it will have a minimum release clause in it, I really don't think he will be here next season and if he is, he must be mad, im pretty sure a lot of lower/midtable premier league clubs will be in for him in the summer

Do you know what, I wouldn't begrudge him going either.

Providing it's not Bumley of course!

I prefer Dunn behind him, with JR on his own, Dunn runs at them, they have to make a choice who goes to close him down and who marks JR, the potential for mistakes is greater this way IMO. Gestede for me would be a sub.

Alternatively Gestede would play Dunny in far more when getting on the end of long balls from defence instead of running away from the ball.

Yesterday when Bowyer brought Dunn on to replace Gestede I'd have taken Rhodes off. JR had scored his usual goal but I felt Ipswich were likely to push us back and that Gestede would have been the preferred option for the 'out' ball from defence. As it happened Dunny played keep ball so well that he virtually stopped any Ipswich retaliation in it's tracks.

Dougie was the star in that team - but THE fans favourite was Fergie.

I think perhaps you've missed dens point.

Is he not already our highest paid player then???

Who is?

Danny Murphy at a guess.

Asked Nixon will it have release clause? His answer will no..

Why is Rhodes mad for being a Rovers player???

He has always said he enjoying for playing for Rovers and is happy here.

I very much doubt Venkys will sell him. he is crucial to any promotion hopes we have next season. Plus I CANNOT see any PL team paying what Rovers would want for Rhodes.

you must be upset and Angry when Rhodes is still here and firing us to PL next season.

I very much doubt Venkys will sell him. he is crucial to any promotion hopes we have next season. Plus I CANNOT see any PL team paying what Rovers would want for Rhodes.

you must be upset and Angry when Rhodes is still here and firing us to PL next season.

Well said Chaddy, we could do with more fans with that sort of spirit.

• Moderation Lead

You were doing well until the last paragraph. I better stop though, before I'm accused of bullying...

• Backroom

That's not what you said though is it? You made out he would be unhappy if Rhodes was doing well and we were heading for promotion

no I don't want rovers doing badly, of course I want premier league football, im just saying that whilst Rhodes stock is high, he has the chance of going to the top tier with or without rovers next season, I cant see rovers being a premier league team under venkys or bowyer, just my opinion

no I don't want rovers doing badly, of course I want premier league football, im just saying that whilst Rhodes stock is high, he has the chance of going to the top tier with or without rovers next season, I cant see rovers being a premier league team under venkys or bowyer, just my opinion

respect for posting that.

i just feel that Rhodes is happy here and wants to get promotion with us. just my opinion.

also feel that Bowyer has got very 16/17 man squad together now that can get us serious challenging for promotion next season with 3 or 4 good additions. just my opinion

• Moderation Lead

Load of tosh.

i just see many Rovers fans who would be happy if we sold Rhodes.

really dont know why ppl are so negative.

Think you need to give your head a wobble chap, or have you been asleep for three and a half years???

You have lost the plot

I agree with chaddy in the sense that I think some would have mixed feelings if we recover and do well under venky ownership.

I just want us to do well and for fans to get down ewood. Whoever owns us at the time.

I don't need a load of responses saying the above will never happen with venkys around - I know some people's views. Just think it's a shame for rovers to have fans staying away. Shame for me too as I enjoy games more when we have a big crowd.

I agree with chaddy in the sense that I think some would have mixed feelings if we recover and do well under venky ownership.

I just want us to do well and for fans to get down ewood. Whoever owns us at the time.

I don't need a load of responses saying the above will never happen with venkys around - I know some people's views. Just think it's a shame for rovers to have fans staying away. Shame for me too as I enjoy games more when we have a big crowd.

Agree all you want but this is what he said

"Tom, i think some fans would be unhappy if Rhodes is still here next season and Rovers was doing well"

Archived