BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

I prefer Dunn behind him, with JR on his own, Dunn runs at them, they have to make a choice who goes to close him down and who marks JR, the potential for mistakes is greater this way IMO. Gestede for me would be a sub.

Its a tough one, Dunn is capable of opening teams up but Rudy is fantastic at winning it and holding it up and instead of lumping it forward and Rudy winning it when he isn't on we lump it and hope Rhodes can do the same which isn't fair to expect of him

Doubt if we will have Dunn next season though, and how much would a replacement cost and where to find it?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay him 10K a week, employ me ( I'll take the other half of his supposed 20k a week, lol) and I'll get another 2 years out of him. Provided he complies with my wishes.

Done deal for me, not checked the lottery tickets yet so don't know if I can buy the Roa's out yet!

To be honest I couldn't care less about his all round game as long as he keeps putting the ball in the net and if the players create the chances for him he will do exactly that.

If there is one team I would love to see JR play for besides us it would be Arsenal, Wenger always wanted a fox, JR is the King of foxes these days.

The art of debate lives on with you I see Abbs?

He wasn't at his best today but scored an absolute cracker and won a free kick for the second but needs to cut out the theatrics, he has great games and awful ones and rarely ones in between (which sounds hypocritical given my last sentence) such is why this thread is bipolar at times.

I'd say he has great games and average ones - but people call his average ones awful because they want him to be something he's not.

But I guess I would say that. ^_^

Week by week Rhodes convinces me that he's a luxury we can't afford. If he gets a bad injury then we're knackered for both goals and the fact his value will plummet.

Tin hat time but I really do think we'd be better getting a premium for him and reinvesting in a couple of good strikers and a right back.

Luxury or no I don't think anyone will buy Rhodes this Summer (fingers crossed). Championship clubs can't afford him and I don't think he has enough to his game for a Premiership club to take a chance on him. Like Majiball I thought that he would be a perfect choice for Arsenal given that they already have pace in spades but would Wenger go for that kind of player after having his fingers burned with the last "fox in the box"?

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned before but a transfer to Celtic would be a great career move for him. The SPL is probably not as competitive as the Championship and he would be getting European football and putting his name out there for the international squad. Additionally Celtic could likely afford the substantial fee we would be charging plus his wages. That said I hope he doesn't go - it will be a long time before we see a natural finisher like him again and I think a player of his obvious qualities could be a huge factor in a promotion push next season. He seems fond of Blackburn but we all know how shallow professions of loyalty or love for a club can be when a player feels his career would be better served elsewhere.

Luxury or no I don't think anyone will buy Rhodes this Summer (fingers crossed). Championship clubs can't afford him and I don't think he has enough to his game for a Premiership club to take a chance on him. Like Majiball I thought that he would be a perfect choice for Arsenal given that they already have pace in spades but would Wenger go for that kind of player after having his fingers burned with the last "fox in the box"?

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned before but a transfer to Celtic would be a great career move for him. The SPL is probably not as competitive as the Championship and he would be getting European football and putting his name out there for the international squad. Additionally Celtic could likely afford the substantial fee we would be charging plus his wages. That said I hope he doesn't go - it will be a long time before we see a natural finisher like him again and I think a player of his obvious qualities could be a huge factor in a promotion push next season. He seems fond of Blackburn but we all know how shallow professions of loyalty or love for a club can be when a player feels his career would be better served elsewhere.

Rhodes go to Celtic??? how the hell can Celtic even afford the transfer fee(12 mil)? plus his 40k wages plus???

why would Rhodes want to play in 1 team league with no really competition in the league???

Also in today's Sunday People, its says that Rhodes will sign his NEW Rovers contract in July!!!!

It is very annoying that Some fans keep saying about Selling him. Really WHY would you sell your STAR striker who is a goal machine??? he has always said he is very happy here and enjoying playing for Blackburn Rovers. he has said this in a number of interviews in the past 3 months.

Rhodes finish yesterday was top class.

Week by week Rhodes convinces me that he's a luxury we can't afford.

I know that football is all about opinions, but really? He's our star striker and so probably by definition our star player and the debate seems to have shifted from dropping him to selling him?

If he does sign this new contract, I for one that it's great news for the club and (dependent on the clauses in the contract).

• Moderation Lead

Rhodes go to Celtic??? how the hell can Celtic even afford the transfer fee(12 mil)? plus his 40k wages plus???

why would Rhodes want to play in 1 team league with no really competition in the league???

Also in today's Sunday People, its says that Rhodes will sign his NEW Rovers contract in July!!!!

So that's Nixon then, thus, it's probably @#/?.

I know that football is all about opinions, but really? He's our star striker and so probably by definition our star player and the debate seems to have shifted from dropping him to selling him?

If he does sign this new contract, I for one that it's great news for the club and (dependent on the clauses in the contract).

Couldn't agree more.

I know that football is all about opinions, but really? He's our star striker and so probably by definition our star player and the debate seems to have shifted from dropping him to selling him?.

Depends what is meant by "star"?

He's a star in front of goal, no-one denies that, but star player? Take away his goals and he wouldn't get a game would he?

:)

We would be in a world of shyte without him.

We're in a world of Shyte with him SG.

He's a star in front of goal, no-one denies that, but star player? Take away his goals and he wouldn't get a game would he?

Haha my heart! What a genuinely stupid thing to say. Pretty sure if any striker in the world didn't score they wouldn't get a game. The fact is, he does score.

Haha my heart! What a genuinely stupid thing to say. Pretty sure if any striker in the world didn't score they wouldn't get a game. The fact is, he does score.

It was obvious someone would say that.

It misses the point by a country mile though. If a player scores a goal, does that make him the star player? Some think it does, some think it doesn't.

Totally irrelevant discussion to be honest.

Course it would be good news, seeing any good player commit himself to the club is really refreshing to see but I don't think you've really grasped the point I was making. We were a selling club when we had premier league income, my fear is he gets injured or has a dip in form then he's worth nothing... Whilst he's banging in goals again, IF a team wanted to pay the ridiculous money we want for him (doubtful) then I don't see how we could turn that down, considering we're poor in a lot of other areas. It's a bit like Deal or no Deal... Sometimes you have to know when to cash in.

Of course I'd be delighted if he stayed but the main point is that he's the only PLAYER we have of any worth that could help us to build a SQUAD capable of promotion and I agree with you all, of course we'd have been in a world of sh*t without him but players (plural) get you promoted in this league... E.G. Cardiff & Leicester.

I use the word "star" in relative terms... He might not be A star player, but he is OUR star player. I would rather have a 25 goal a season striker who contributes nothing else, rather than a 10 goal a season striker who offered a bit more in general play.

Course it would be good news, seeing any good player commit himself to the club is really refreshing to see but I don't think you've really grasped the point I was making. We were a selling club when we had premier league income, my fear is he gets injured or has a dip in form then he's worth nothing... Whilst he's banging in goals again, IF a team wanted to pay the ridiculous money we want for him (doubtful) then I don't see how we could turn that down, considering we're poor in a lot of other areas. It's a bit like Deal or no Deal... Sometimes you have to know when to cash in.

Of course I'd be delighted if he stayed but the main point is that he's the only PLAYER we have of any worth that could help us to build a SQUAD capable of promotion and I agree with you all, of course we'd have been in a world of sh*t without him but players (plural) get you promoted in this league... E.G. Cardiff & Leicester.

You aren't the only person I've heard mention the 'know when to sell him' case, however I simply don't believe we'd make the squad stronger for what we'd get for him (I don't believe we'd get more than we paid for him) PLUS people wouldn't believe we'd reinvest the money, people would just assume that Venkys would pocket the cash and simply add the cost of any new signings to the overall and ever increasing debt the club has...

I use the word "star" in relative terms... He might not be A star player, but he is OUR star player. I would rather have a 25 goal a season striker who contributes nothing else, rather than a 10 goal a season striker who offered a bit more in general play.

I was thinking more along the lines of who was our star player in this team - Else Bray Newton Clayton England McGrath Ferguson McEvoy Pickering Dougls Harrison.?

To some posters on here, it would have to be Andy McEvoy.

Archived