BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] a mystery...whose shirt do I have?

So, my Mrs went to the post office this morning to pick up something she bought for me on Aukro (the Czech ebay). She came in my office and gave me a Rovers away shirt from 2009 (dark blue one with blue and white shirts running down the middle). I really liked that shirt so I'm quite happy about it and also surprised as I think there are about 2 Rovers fans in the whole country.

Anyway...the shirt has 'Football Aid' embedded on the arm and number 11 on the back which I assume means it came from the charity game in 09.

I know a few of you on here play in those games so I just wondered out of pure curiosity...whose shirt do I have? Who was number 11 in that game and why on earth was it for sale on an auction site in the Czech Republic?

This to me would seem to be that match, would it not?? 11th May 2009.

http://www.footballaid.com/news-match-reports/match-reports/1033/2009-09-15/blackburn-rovers-2009.html

Only two days after the Blackburn Rovers first team had secured Premier League safety, by beating Portsmouth two nil, twenty five Rovers fans turned up at Ewood Park hoping to emulate their heroes in the 2009 Football Aid charity match. With club legends and members of the 1994-1995 Premiership winning team, Mark Atkins and Kevin Gallacher, in attendance the atmosphere was one of excitement.

The squads are listed at the bottom, perhaps that's a step in finding out.

2009 random match picked: http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2009/11/07/england/premier-league/blackburn-rovers-football-club/portsmouth-football-club/781268/

Or here's another from January 2009, http://us.soccerway.com/matches/2011/01/05/england/premier-league/blackburn-rovers-football-club/liverpool-fc/944058/ over Liverpool 3-1.

But offhand, no number 11.

So, my Mrs went to the post office this morning to pick up something she bought for me on Aukro (the Czech ebay). She came in my office and gave me a Rovers away shirt from 2009 (dark blue one with blue and white shirts running down the middle). I really liked that shirt so I'm quite happy about it and also surprised as I think there are about 2 Rovers fans in the whole country.

Anyway...the shirt has 'Football Aid' embedded on the arm and number 11 on the back which I assume means it came from the charity game in 09.

I know a few of you on here play in those games so I just wondered out of pure curiosity...whose shirt do I have? Who was number 11 in that game and why on earth was it for sale on an auction site in the Czech Republic?

I had someone elses curry on Friday evening.

I ordered an extra hot Chicken Madras but received a Keema curry of some sort that was bereft of any spicyness whatsoever.

Not what was required after several Warsteiners.

Anyone who ordered from India2U ( I know bl00dy pesky Indians!) on Friday who recieved an unexpected Madras let me know, I may still accept it should you have been unable to stomach the extra kick.

Thanks

I had someone elses curry on Friday evening.

I ordered an extra hot Chicken Madras but received a Keema curry of some sort that was bereft of any spicyness whatsoever.

Not what was required after several Warsteiners.

Anyone who ordered from India2U ( I know bl00dy pesky Indians!) on Friday who recieved an unexpected Madras let me know, I may still accept it should you have been unable to stomach the extra kick.

Thanks

tha should av gone t' Khyber lad

:lol:

I corrected this error last night.

We still have a Khyber naan left over and I am playing tennis with it later this evening.

just had a king prawn joe frazier xtra hot

and a copious amount of full bodied red wine (sod the beer, full bodied red wine with curry for me any day)

luvely jubbly

the Khyber can still do it

:D

Archived