BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Christamas present ideas

Just a little thread for posting ideas for Christmas presents or asking for ideas if your looking for something different/original!

I'm on a pretty tight budget this year and started my present shopping on Friday by visiting(for the 1st time) 'Ye olde Ewood sweet shop' across from ewood park and bought a few of their very well put together Christmas gift sets, great little shop with very friendly and accommodating owners/staff and reasonable prices.

This year I'm trying to avoid using the web for buying gifts(tax dodgers like amazon in particular!) and trying to use local independent shops if possible, I'm also trying to avoid buying un original things like dvds, books, cds(that are most likely to be stuck on a shelf an forgotten about.

I've still got about half a dozen gifts to buy for relatives (male and female of adult ages) and as I say i'm on a budget(approx £10-£20 per person) any ideas welcome, cheers

and have a merry Crimbo

• Backroom

£10 worth of Blackjacks and Fruit Salads. If they're still being made.

That will buy you about 3 of each these days with maybe enough left for half a bag of space raiders :P

Actually I could go for some blackjack and fruit salad now

Guest Norbert

A product made of clay, a surface he is absolutely sh_t on. Andy was always going to win it after winning Wimbledon. Did well in the other majors too.

Oh and I don't like the foam bananas or prawns.

• Moderation Lead

I know you said you wanted to avoid the web but someone I know made a calendar using photos of happy times for her friend... Thoughtful idea I thought...

Think you can do something similar at Asda.

If your friends / relatives like vodka, try infusing some with a suitable flavour.

It's dead easy - you can probably find lots of how-to guides on the web.

Just buy some bottles of vodka (doesn't have to be the best but preferably not the cheapest either).

Place in a container with your selected flavouring and leave for anything from a few hours to a couple of days, shaking occasionally.

Sieve through paper coffee filters to get rid of the remaining flavouring and voila! - personalised flavoured vodka.

So if you know someone who likes spice you can use chopped up chillies

Someone who likes apple, use chopped apples etc..

And for those of you posting above with your favourite retro sweets, there are endless possibilities adding them to the vodka - most make a nice funky colour too and cracking flavours.

If you have enough money left over, buy some fancy shaped bottles for an extra twist.

Honestly, it's easy.

Archived