BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hello, I'm back.

BPF

Not that you should care but I've been away for a while now (June 2012?)

I was wondering if someone could catch me up on happenings? I believe Glenn and Ste B have gone? Who is running the show now? How many of you long term members are still here? Is Vinjay still banned?

I was wondering if someone could catch me up on happenings? I believe Glenn and Ste B have gone? Who is running the show now? How many of you long term members are still here? Is Vinjay still banned?

Who started that rumour?

Vinjay is in a parallel universe following wee moyesey and no doubt selling handbags on the side with that other infamous other departee

Welcome back BPF glad your back I always remember you for the avatar of the rovers tattoo on yer arm.

As others have said

City!

oooops, thought it was manure

Yoda you are correct first it was Manure his twitter page had a photo of Fergie then when city won the title he switched over to the blue half of Manchester no doubt if Chelsea or L'pool win the title this year he will come out with being a secret closet chelsea/L'pool fan all along the guy is so mad he changes team more times than he changes his pants :D

I thought that was just a story about Vinjay. Was Blackburn too small for him?

No I think we were to big for him :lol:

The world is not enough

Yoda you might have a point here Barca are not safe. BPF one thing I can confirm about the enigma that is vinjay which is a source of enjoyment for all a couple of years ago when Venkys took us over the parochial one went to ewood park when no-one was there to ask them questions he even tried to get in the boardroom everyone told him no-one was there but he still carried on with the farce no doubt our gain is city's loss :P

p.s. I am moving back to Blackburn soon.

• Backroom

Vinjay never supported United he hates them more than he supports anyone

His twitter pic was a photo of Fergie and Phil jones the moment they found out Aguero had scored and City had won the league

Unfortunately many of the older members no longer post, which is a huge shame.

Well Kamy there's still me, Jim Mk ll, Al, Den and Fife Rover; people who still remember Keith Newton if not Bill Eckersley.

Or do you mean posters from the early noughties such as Tris, Jan, Tashor, Spenny and Cool Claret.

And where has Roversmum gone?

Or do you mean posters from the early noughties such as Tris, Jan, Tashor, Spenny and Cool Claret.

And where has Roversmum gone?

In a state of embarrassed silence after her freebie to Pune and subsequent transfer over to the Dark side I'd guess.

In a state of embarrassed silence after her freebie to Pune and subsequent transfer over to the Dark side I'd guess.

Gordon that is very unfair. I have known roversmum for a couple of years now and am in regular contact with her and I can confirm she has not transferred over to the dark side.

She is as upset as most on here about what Venky's and their advisors have done to this club in 3 years, just because she doesn't shout Venkys out from the rooftops doesn't mean she doesn't care.

Mum and her husband do care very deeply, proof of that is that her husband has written 2 white papers about the rovers academy improvements needed at Brockhall and the EPPP.

Gordon about the freebie Pune trip first off not everyone got their money back so it was not a freebie for some.

If you had listened to the podcast at the time you would have heard all the people on that trip did everything they could in their power to engage with the owners and to get them to listen.

I am sure people like the 2 Ian's & AndyNeil will testify. To suggest they all went their on a jolly up is wrong as you were not there you have no idea what they discussed.

so to guess at what was said is all smoke and mirrors as you have no proof of what was discussed at the end of the day as they say you can take the donkey to the water but you can't make it drink.

To answer your question Bazza she is still around doesn't post much on here but I regularly see her after games and the disabled supporters parties at Ewood where players and staff attend.

roversmum was star struck at that time.... and she wasn't alone. They were mistaken but to date only a few have admitted being so. The two that didn't get their money reimbursed as promised to the best of my knowledge weren't fans forum members and had made the trip off their own bat.

As far as discussing stuff with the Rao's wasn't the only valid meeting a token one on the penultimate day after the FF members etc had been expecting to meet them all week?

Me TJ! I said so on here at the time. In fact I believe one of the party was having 'issues' in this direction and was given similar advice to that which you have just alluded by a family member.

As I said at the time if it had been my decision I'd only have agreed to meet them here. You really needed to have been around at that time to understand the situation. By accepting a bribe freebie like that the moral high ground was given away without a shot being fired and it just seemed to the rest of the supporters that the FF had been bought off. Quite relevent to hear that no actual meeting had been arranged anyway and my understanding was that the meeting was right at the end of the 'treat' (no doubt intentionally after a week of softening up) and was only a token, half baked affair at that. Only fair to point out that it was said afterwards by one who went that TomM (the youngest there) stood out above the rest by asking pertinent questions and voicing his disquiet during said meeting). I wasn't at the airport but I shouldn't be surprised to find that it was a Neville Chamberlain moment.

btw if I wanted to go to India (which I don't) I'd pay for it, and Pune wouldn't be on the list.

Me TJ! I said so on here at the time. In fact I believe one of the party was having 'issues' in this direction and was given similar advice to that which you have just alluded by a family member.

As I said at the time if it had been my decision I'd only have agreed to meet them here. You really needed to have been around at that time to understand the situation. By accepting a bribe freebie like that the moral high ground was given away without a shot being fired and it just seemed to the rest of the supporters that the FF had been bought off. Quite relevent to hear that no actual meeting had been arranged anyway and my understanding was that the meeting was right at the end of the 'treat' (no doubt intentionally after a week of softening up) and was only a token, half baked affair at that. Only fair to point out that it was said afterwards by one who went that TomM (the youngest there) stood out above the rest by asking pertinent questions and voicing his disquiet during said meeting). I wasn't at the airport but I shouldn't be surprised to find that it was a Neville Chamberlain moment.

btw if I wanted to go to India (which I don't) I'd pay for it, and Pune wouldn't be on the list.

There was a thread at the time putting forward questions for the travellers to ask I seem remember and lots of advice on how not to be taken in with the hospitality on offer, after returning it was said a full debreifing was to be posted about the goings on and what was discussed and resolved, think we are still waiting for that one, like the return of airfares promised to a few individuals.

I bet he who must not be named didn't have to pay.

Well id have gone(and still would) just for the free holiday and id have cleared out the hotel mini bar and took advantage of anything available to me at their expense, as for the 'meeting' id never have thought that it was anything other than a pr stunt and that they had no real interest in my(or anybody else's) opinions, so would have just said nice gaff thanks for the trip seeya later.

Welcome back, BPF. Is this a flying visit or are you planning to stick around? How's life treating you in the Big Apple?

Well id have gone(and still would) just for the free holiday and id have cleared out the hotel mini bar and took advantage of anything available to me at their expense, as for the 'meeting' id never have thought that it was anything other than a pr stunt and that they had no real interest in my(or anybody else's) opinions, so would have just said nice gaff thanks for the trip seeya later.

You sound like a certain football agent

To answer your question Bazza she is still around doesn't post much on here but I regularly see her after games and the disabled supporters parties at Ewood where players and staff attend.

Thanks for that. I miss some good posters and she was one of them.

Archived