BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Times you have got it wrong, really wrong!

Tom

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I firmly believe a key factor in Kean jumping when he did is that team on this league had found out how to play against us, Kean & associates saw this so he left while his stock was highest.

He didn't have any 'stock'. He's had to go to Brunei to get any sort of job in football.

In my opinion, he jumped before he was pushed so he could go for compo, citing Singh's interference.

I can't tell you how elated I was when that announcement finally came up on SSN. I thought we were stuck with him indefinitely.

Murphy was a good PL player for 15 years, I remember most fans celebrating when we bought him.

Etuhu had spent 5 seasons in the PL when we signed him.

Best had spent 2 good seasons at Newcastle (and is now doing fine at Sheff Wed I've noticed).

Goodwillie was prolific in the SPL, probably about the equivalent to League 1.

None of these 4 signings were necessarily bad ones or wastes of money for the Championship. Its all about who the manager is and what he can get out of them. Do you think Andrews, Diouf, Chimbonda and Roberts could have played major roles in a 10th placed finish in the PL under most managers? I don't. The manager dictates the under or over performing of players, and if we'd had a good manager last season, we'd have seen different seasons from the above 4. Fair enough Anderson and Ribeiro were joke signings.

Well if you're so sure he wouldn't have had us up there then like I said you're taking his previous 2 seasons and treating the Premiership and Championship as identical managerial difficulty. Or you're just saying he was a t*** so he wouldn't have promoted us, which I find it hard to agree with the logic of.

You're clearly a fan of youth/enthusiasm over ability/experience. Maybe thats the crux of our difference of opinion because I'm emphatically not. Judge, Taylor, Kane, Spurr, Kilgallon, Varney, Williamson, Feeney, Evans, Conway, Marshall, Marrow etc etc are mediocre garbage who wouldn't take a team to the PL if you gave them 50 attempts at it.

Difference being the players in the final paragraph were signed for footballing reasons.

btw Murphy has always been poor to average at best imo. 'Celebrating'??? I was aghast when we signed the waster.

He didn't have any 'stock'. He's had to go to Brunei to get any sort of job in football.

In my opinion, he jumped before he was pushed so he could go for compo, citing Singh's interference.

I can't tell you how elated I was when that announcement finally came up on SSN. I thought we were stuck with him indefinitely.

Strange that, huh? Given what was written in the media at the time I was surprised he wasn't hired as manager for chelsea with Mourinho as his assistant. He was such a brilliant manager they said (when we in fact know that he wasn't brilliant, not even a proper manager and an even worse human being).

Archived