BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Times you have got it wrong, really wrong!

Tom

• Backroom

We all like to blow our own trumpet now and then but let's discuss times we have got things all wrong.

A couple of examples from me (there's plenty) from the last two seasons

- Murphy, Best and Etuhu - cracking signings for this league!

- Who is Tom Crainey (sic) and why are we signing him, he's probably crap!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was convinved that Javi De Pedro was going to be our best player when we signed him.

Also, non-Rovers related, but I could never understand how a young Leighton Baines got Wigan's XI in front of Steve McMillan in the old Div 2.

Thought Roberts was decent when we got him.

Funnily enough I remember thinking Bellamy was going to be a waste of space after the opening game of the season away at West Ham. Never been proven more wrong. One of the best I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt

My mate said when steve kean got the job. "He (whoever he was) would be like a breath of fresh air after sam's hoofball." Didn't take him long to realise his horrible mistake and retract it but to this day everytime he offers an opinion on any subject we remind him of that particular blunder.

My own personal faux pas are generally strikers. Never get it right. Though yorke, dahlin, grabbi and davis would be good solid players and were totally rubbish. Then thought likes of rocky, Benni, Rhodes, Bentley would flop and all had at least one great season.

Having Appletons face as my avatar. In my defence it was an attempt at being supportive of what I hoped was third time lucky.

Asking fans not to boo Steve Kean during that Bolton home game.

For my penance ...a thousand Hail Mary's and hit myself with a wire brush....and the sin still isn't washed away....

After taking Nob end to the brink of being wound up and the strange dealings at dumpdale after the finance director (now Chief exec at a Premier league club) left leaving Shelfy in sole charge of the chequebook, I expected the appointment of Aggers buddy to be a roaring success and a shining example of a football club MD, taking the club to the next level whilst stopping the income streams flowing out of the club and meticulously checking everybody's work even their own.

I was always excited at the theory of a football agent, a sports agency and a syndicate running a football club and how it would be beneficial to the club getting the cream of young talent at reasonable costs with all profit from sales going back into the club. *

*Of course the above could never happen under FA rules not even with a FA member on the board of a club and the games governing body receiving an income stream from a sports agency.

• Backroom

I'm genuinely scared to read through this thread and see my comments

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/23967-blackburn-rovers-v-liverpool/

Well done to anyone that didn't get a bit excited that night

Oh I forgot my biggest and most public error in judgement - thinking I could do something and it actually make a difference for the better

Guest Norbert

OK, unlike a few here, I'll freely admit that I am not brilliant about my sporting judgement (it's a good thing I rarely bet). So here I go:

1. I thought Paul Ince might work out. A risk, but I was cautiously optimistic. I think Ten Cate was my number 1 choice at the time, and Laudrup, if he did not insist on a 'jump ship to La Liga ASAP' clause.

2. I thought the Raos may also have worked out, and all the talk of Beckham etc. was just a bit of naive over-excitement that would pass, and they would wise up.

3. I was willing to see how Kean did for the rest of that season, as the alternative seemed to be Maradona when Sam got sacked.

4. I thought Appleton might have also been OK, especially after beating Arsenal.

5. I put Man Utd in an each way bet to win the league (i.e. finish top four) as part of a yankee bet.

So in short, when I say something along the lines of 'it's a risk but I think it will work out' it'll probably go wrong.

I'm genuinely scared to read through this thread and see my comments

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/23967-blackburn-rovers-v-liverpool/

Well done to anyone that didn't get a bit excited that night

Oh I forgot my biggest and most public error in judgement - thinking I could do something and it actually make a difference for the better

Chaddy

GREAT PERFORMANCE BY ROVERS. great to see rovers attacking liverpool. Hoilett and Olsson were great and reminded me of Ripley and Wilcox. Dunn and Pedersen worked hard! Good to Samba back and back to his best. Nelsen is rovers through and through and great servert to rovers. Benjani and M.Diouf were good and worked well in partnership!

Steve Kean tactics were EXCELLENT and Great to see rovers attacking them. WELL DONE STEVE KEAN!!!

Steve Kean Blue and White Army!!!

Crazy Ivan

Mr Steve Kean, you are a tactical genius. Utterly brilliant all round.

Revidge Blue

As one of very few posters on here who was indifferent to the sacking of Sam I have to admit to feeling somewhat smug (and merrily drunk) following tonight's game.

Delighted if I was was right about the need for a new direction.

Delighted if I was wrong about Benjani to whom I have given all sorts of dogs abuse. That finish was like Shearer tonight.

Delighted for Steave Kean.

Delighted for the new owners.

Delighted that Jack's legacy and our great club may be marching on.

Although dismayed we all know potentially less about football than an Indian businesswoman who had probably never seen a game until about two months ago.............NOT!

rover.gifthumbs-up.gif

I fell back in love with "the beautiful game" tonight.

Gav

Couldn't agree more, I think the last 20 minutes was more down to tiredness than anything else, and lets not forget we had a numbers of players out.

Its also encouraging to see passing and moving and not long hoofs into the channels at the earliest opportunity. Kean is trying to play a progressive passing style, its hard with no decent midfield players in the squad, but given time that will come.

100% better than football under Allardyce for me, and given more time we’ll improve further.

Archived