BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Times you have got it wrong, really wrong!

Tom

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a bit more than a sneaky feeling that Aaron Doran would break through and become the new Damien Duff. Heard lots of positive stuff about him from people in the know, and he looked exciting in his cameo performances... That one didn't pan out.

• Backroom

I'm genuinely scared to read through this thread and see my comments

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/23967-blackburn-rovers-v-liverpool/

Well done to anyone that didn't get a bit excited that night

Oh I forgot my biggest and most public error in judgement - thinking I could do something and it actually make a difference for the better

If you ever need a reason to go against the grain on here that thread is it :lol:

I'm genuinely scared to read through this thread and see my comments

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/23967-blackburn-rovers-v-liverpool/

Well done to anyone that didn't get a bit excited that night

Oh I forgot my biggest and most public error in judgement - thinking I could do something and it actually make a difference for the better

Liverpool were shocking that game. Torres missed when easier to score and they also missed a penalty if I am not mistaken. Hodgson was potted immediately afterwards. We played ok and deserved to win. The hysteria that followed in support of Kean was absolutely remarkable!!

Chaddy

GREAT PERFORMANCE BY ROVERS. great to see rovers attacking liverpool. Hoilett and Olsson were great and reminded me of Ripley and Wilcox. Dunn and Pedersen worked hard! Good to Samba back and back to his best. Nelsen is rovers through and through and great servert to rovers. Benjani and M.Diouf were good and worked well in partnership!

Steve Kean tactics were EXCELLENT and Great to see rovers attacking them. WELL DONE STEVE KEAN!!!

Steve Kean Blue and White Army!!!

Crazy Ivan

Mr Steve Kean, you are a tactical genius. Utterly brilliant all round.

Revidge Blue

As one of very few posters on here who was indifferent to the sacking of Sam I have to admit to feeling somewhat smug (and merrily drunk) following tonight's game.

Delighted if I was was right about the need for a new direction.

Delighted if I was wrong about Benjani to whom I have given all sorts of dogs abuse. That finish was like Shearer tonight.

Delighted for Steave Kean.

Delighted for the new owners.

Delighted that Jack's legacy and our great club may be marching on.

Although dismayed we all know potentially less about football than an Indian businesswoman who had probably never seen a game until about two months ago.............NOT!

rover.gifthumbs-up.gif

I fell back in love with "the beautiful game" tonight.

Gav

Couldn't agree more, I think the last 20 minutes was more down to tiredness than anything else, and lets not forget we had a numbers of players out.

Its also encouraging to see passing and moving and not long hoofs into the channels at the earliest opportunity. Kean is trying to play a progressive passing style, its hard with no decent midfield players in the squad, but given time that will come.

100% better than football under Allardyce for me, and given more time we’ll improve further.

Ha ha. Revidge went for it for sure regarding the Indian Businesswoman knowing more than the rest of us and falling back in love with the 'beautiful game' under Kean. There is nothing beautiful about Championship football.

For me, have to hold my hand up and remind myself I did not think Mark Atkins would contirbute so well under KD but he suprised many of us back then. Andre Oojer had me worried in his first couple of games as well, but proved to be top class.

You sound like Gordon!

No I did screw up ...... once! ^_^ I was not in favour of us signing Mark Hughes as manager in 2004 and said so on here. I was afraid that he would be too chummy with his old teammates. Glad to say I was proven completely and totally wrong by him.

You know what 90% of all these @#/? ups are down to? Optimism! People should know better but that optimism always screws em up.

btw Is there a note of envy in your comment? There should be! :closedeyes:

After his first came calling Gestede a downgraded version of Leon Best. I am delighted that he has proved me totally and utterly wrong,

I must say his 5 minute cameo v Millwall had me have him down as clueless too. I rem Dunny gave him a right rollocking just in fron to us for not trying. I soon changed my opinion next home games v Sheff Wed and Brum though.

You're all a bunch of amateurs! I initially welcomed Venkys as our new owners. Beat that!

Impossible. You win. Close the thread.

No I did screw up ...... once! ^_^ I was not in favour of us signing Mark Hughes as manager in 2004 and said so on here. I was afraid that he would be too chummy with his old teammates. Glad to say I was proven completely and totally wrong by him. btw Is there a note of envy in your comment? There should be! :closedeyes:I must say his 5 minute cameo v Millwall had me have him down as clueless too. I rem Dunny gave him a right rollocking just in fron to us for not trying. I soon changed my opinion next home games v Sheff Wed and Brum though.Impossible. You win. Close the thread.

I thought so till I read those tributes to Steve (out) Kean!

Again another Steve Kean one i'm sorry ..... having a blazing row with a Rovers fan in BBE toilets after about only 5-6 games into Kean's reign somebody was spouting how Kean was @#/? , never make a manager , no tactical nous etc etc ... i reacted angrily how i bet he wasn't saying that after Liverpool game when we walloped 'em and give him time etc etc .....

Mmmm. Thats not good Ray!

Neither is this!

Surpised at you 47er, as I almost always agree with your posts.

In my defence, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Liverpool!

Guest Norbert

Thank goodness I was not around the board at that time. The internet remembers everything (and then the NSA/GCHQ reads it and wonders who Steve Kean is).

Gav

Couldn't agree more, I think the last 20 minutes was more down to tiredness than anything else, and lets not forget we had a numbers of players out.

Its also encouraging to see passing and moving and not long hoofs into the channels at the earliest opportunity. Kean is trying to play a progressive passing style, its hard with no decent midfield players in the squad, but given time that will come.

100% better than football under Allardyce for me, and given more time we’ll improve further.

I was bang on the money, we played Liverpool off the park, passed them to death, not a 'hoof ball' in sight.

Pity it only last for 1 game..... :(

To be honest I do recall that first half against Liverpool under Kean and we were truly fantastic with plenty of pace and threat going forward. In hindsight of course it was against a struggling Liverpool side who sacked Hodgson soon after and we very nearly went on to throw away a three goal lead.

I thought Nuno Gomes was going to be amazing for us and bang goals in...

I was also one of the people who thought the Murtuhu signings were a statement of intent and we would be a real force in this division...

Leon Best, perhaps his knee injury put paid to that? no confidence and @#/? attitude...

I remember going down to Selhurst Park 100% sure we were going up!

:(

When Gayle missed that pen and they went up the other end and scored I knew we were goosed.

By the time the return leg arrived I knew we would win!

That game is the perfect example of when the club and team got it badly wrong!

Speedie has just finally shot us to the top flight. What a legend. Why the hell are we using him as a makeweight for this Geordie tosser?

:) in Kenny we trusted. But that was a sore one losing Speedie. Our van was rocking up the M1. Speedie dived and were going up!

Archived