BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Times you have got it wrong, really wrong!

Tom

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day rovers traded Speedie in for shearer , I was devastated as he'd taken over from Garner as my hero .

Wondered why we would get rid of our top scorer for a guy who hadn't scored many goals to date , the rest is history I guess .

Never forgiving Atkins for the og in FA cup against Liverpool , was just seconds away from one of the clubs greatest results , looking back now , he went onto have a good career for the club .

Thinking Martin Dahlin was like buying George Weah , great pedigree but rovers career never got out of first gear .

Thinking Lee Makel was going to be the next best thing , those darn papers really sold me on the thought we'd signed a football genius

Guest Norbert

Thinking Lee Makel was going to be the next best thing , those darn papers really sold me on the thought we'd signed a football genius

There was an O'Donnolly or something a few years later that gave the same impression. And I remember Marlon Broomes being mentioned in an article in 4-4-2 listed as one of '20 stars in the making' (or something along those lines). The only other players I can remember off that list are Rio Ferdinand and Michael Owen.

Hmmm let's see.

Not understanding why we were bringing in a Liverpool reserves goalkeeper when we had John Filan in goal...I was also thoroughly convinced that Brad Friedel would never leave us for money and would only move to a top side. Lost my belief in footballers forever after that.

Wasn't all that impressed by the Bellamy or Roque signings given their previous goals records. In fairness, hadn't really seen them play.

Thought Paul Ince would be a Hughes-like appointment...until his first press conference. When he was clearly @#/? it.

Like quite a few others, thought Murphy and Etuhu would be good acquisitions for this league. Unlike most I wasn't expecting them to rip the league apart for us, and I wasn't pleased about the level of contracts we were handing them at all, but I definitely expected them to be a lot, lot better.

Thought Jay McEveley was going to turn into a real cracker when he kept Beckham in his pocket at Old Trafford.

Getting rather soggy, waiting for Uddersfelt Blue for a lift to Grimsby, deciding that there was no way Berkovic would be able to play in a quagmire and belting rain. Also it would be a tricky game for Rovers full stop.

Turned out to be a magnificent performance by Rovers and Eyal ran the show!

• Moderation Lead

Not many Jon stead fans appearing yet. And not surprisingly none of those idiotic nixon groupies the 'nickoteens'.

I do like most of your posts, but are you going to admit having ever been wrong, or are you just commenting on those that have?

From my point of view-seeing Hakan Sukur and Vlatislav Gresko in Football Italia and thinking they'd be top signings....

I do like most of your posts, but are you going to admit having ever been wrong, or are you just commenting on those that have?

From my point of view-seeing Hakan Sukur and Vlatislav Gresko in Football Italia and thinking they'd be top signings....

^^^^^....He acknowledged he didn't want Mark Hughes originally. Which took some doing really as Hughes was always a top choice for us, with a great playing record and decent achievements at Wales early in his managerial career.

Can't remember who else was in the frame back then but they must have been good!!!

It's taken me a while to pluck up the courage for this disclosure ... I said the names Murphy and Tugay in the same sentence! I thought he could play the Tugay role and ping balls from all over the park, turns out he couldn't pass 5 yards.

I fully expect to be banished.

PRE Booking into a night club on the way back from the 2nd leg of play off final at Crystal Palace

Why the hell are we replacing Speedie with this Shearer bloke?

Telling the wife that Venky's are just what Rovers needed to move us forward from treading water under the Trust

Actually thinking.... Hmmmm this Kean bloke could be a real find after the Liverpool game

Tbf, Gresko WAS until he signed permanently. And Sukur did well before inevitably getting on Souey's badside. i.e. Looked at him the wrong way in training.

Archived