BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] R Cilla Black Passes Away At 72

I have to say I'm surprised that Cilla blacks death hasn't received much attention(not just here but in the media in general) she was/is a real tv Icon and was ballsier than all the lightweight tv presenters of today(male and female) and also real warm hearted northern lass, I always remember the time she called out that fake blind date contestant on air and the dignified way in which she did it(I'm sure it can be found on youtube)

• Backroom

Not sure about warm? I've read she hated the common folk, had an assistant with her and people had to address her assistant rather than talk to her directly.

Not sure exactly how accurate that is mind you.

Shes not well regarded by the scousers at work, working class roots made her money and went back to Liverpool campaigning for Thatcher in the 80's. Not that they hold a grudge.

Not sure about warm? I've read she hated the common folk, had an assistant with her and people had to address her assistant rather than talk to her directly.

Not sure exactly how accurate that is mind you.

maybe you're right,

still she was as popular in the 80s//early 90s as a primetime tv presenter as say antNdec are now, the scouse schtick was annoying(to me anyway) but she seemed aware of that and just didn't care and played up to it even more.

anyway, bless her, she seemed to do little harm in her life and with surprise surprise(as corny as that show was) she made a lot of people happy.

I thought the drama 'cilla' that was on itv last year was really good(though I am biasd because I love that period) and I don't mean to be mean to the real cilla but Sheridan Smith is much much prettier and a better singer than the real cilla was I thought.

A friend of mine was an air hostess on an upper class cabin on Virgin Atlantic with Cilla Black on board. She says she was an absolute bitch with no respect for anybody else on the flight.

I have to say I'm surprised that Cilla blacks death hasn't received much attention(not just here but in the media in general) she was/is a real tv Icon and was ballsier than all the lightweight tv presenters of today(male and female) and also real warm hearted northern lass, I always remember the time she called out that fake blind date contestant on air and the dignified way in which she did it(I'm sure it can be found on youtube)

The papers have given it extensive coverage including most front pages for several days - what more do you want ?

Reading some of the stuff I didn't realise she was a Tory and campaigned for Major in the 1992 election. :( She also came across as a professional scouser and I've read about her attitude to people before.

Good voice before she had her nose job done but not all that she seemed was R Cilla.

Sorry i never noticed as i dont look at the papers, they're all mostly just trash full of yesterdays so-called news regardless of your political leanings, i cant believe people still actually pay money to buy them!!

It seems that you have taken a dislile to her largely because you've found out she was a tory supporter, thats pretty unfair way to judge a person.

• Moderation Lead

The papers have given it extensive coverage including most front pages for several days - what more do you want ?

Reading some of the stuff I didn't realise she was a Tory and campaigned for Major in the 1992 election. :( She also came across as a professional scouser and I've read about her attitude to people before.

Good voice before she had her nose job done but not all that she seemed was R Cilla.

She did, but then 'she was apolitical', then later in life 'no longer a Conservative'. I think she no doubt saw the hypocrisy of being a Scouser and supporting Thatcher!

Not that any of this has any relevance now she's soon to be 6 feet under....

Sorry i never noticed as i dont look at the papers, they're all mostly just trash full of yesterdays so-called news regardless of your political leanings, i cant believe people still actually pay money to buy them!!

It seems that you have taken a dislile to her largely because you've found out she was a tory supporter, thats pretty unfair way to judge a person.

That's fine if you're happy to wallow in your own ignorance but you'll never learn anything if you don't take advantage of the vast amount of information and opinion on offer at very little cost in newspapers.

Theres this thing called the internet(you're probably using it riht now in some form, you can actually read the news from a few perspectives, do your own bit of research and then form your own opinions instead of just reading some hack with an agendas write up in a rag.

• Backroom

Dat irony...

Archived