BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Golden Goals

• Moderation Lead

No Alvaro Recoba though K-Hod!

Could also put him in the unfulfilled potential thread. Check some of his goals out, lovely left foot

Ha, he always made my life a nightmare on old Champ Manager games with the blasted non-EU status :(

Then he ended up with a fake Portuguese passport iirc?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, he always made my life a nightmare on old Champ Manager games with the blasted non-EU status :(

Then he ended up with a fake Portuguese passport iirc?

Yeah recall something like that farmed out on loan a few times but never really managed to fulfill his undoubted class

That was a great away day, though arrived late just to see Overmars score.

Arsenal fans went ballistic, raging with the humiliation.

That's when Hodgson played attacking football.

Scored for fun, let loads In. Keegan esque.

If you can find the Sherwood equaliser from the year before, that's a classic.

Arsenal were time wasting and feigning injury, so we kept the ball from our throw, Sutton won a corner and Sherwood scored. Injury time.

Arsenal were time wasting and feigning injury, so we kept the ball from our throw, Sutton won a corner and Sherwood scored. Injury time.

I seem to remember something like this - do you know the date or thereabout? I recall it being discussed on MOTD.

I seem to remember something like this - do you know the date or thereabout? I recall it being discussed on MOTD.

It was near the end on 96/97 season. May or April.

Might have been Flitcroft that scored, now I think about it.

Sutton was lucky to get out alive :P

Sutton would be an absolute world beater today. Perfect to lead the line on his own.

It was near the end on 96/97 season. May or April.

Might have been Flitcroft that scored, now I think about it.

Sutton was lucky to get out alive :P

Sutton would be an absolute world beater today. Perfect to lead the line on his own.

Arsenal were furious blamed Sutton and Rovers for costing them a Champions League place :D (first time it was top 2)

Sutton later nearly cut Patrick Vieira in half with an x-rated challenge. That would be around October 1998 he didn't play in that 4-1 defeat a few months earlier. Sutton wasn't happy that his nose had just been broken but he wasn't exactly popular with Arsenal fans. Of course Chris disputes Arsenal's version of events and believed Arsenal got what they deserved!

No Alvaro Recoba though K-Hod!

Could also put him in the unfulfilled potential thread. Check some of his goals out, lovely left foot

Recoba was class.

Chiesa was an excellent player in Serie A.

Batistuta was arguably the best player in Serie A history though, better than Vieri in my opinion.

Don't know how to upload a video , but a favourite player of mine in my teens Was Roberto Baggio , and if anyone can find a compilation of his greatest goals I think they would be a match for any player past or present

Archived