BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Who Never Fulfilled Their Potential

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree re: moped, otherwise he could have played for England & stayed with us?

He was capable of playing for a someone like Utd and being an England regular. I love Rovers but we were only an average side around then.

He was capable of playing for a someone like Utd and being an England regular. I love Rovers but we were only an average side around then.

Utd bid for him AGAIN the summer of his accident. So it's quite conceivable that had he not crashed he would have never pulled our shirt on again. Such a great waste of talent.

Utd bid for him AGAIN the summer of his accident. So it's quite conceivable that had he not crashed he would have never pulled our shirt on again. Such a great waste of talent.

I honestly think that would've been the script GSR.

I certainly hope he would have said a big resounding NO to them. Would have soured my opinion of him to be honest had he gone there. Would rather not have known United made a bid some things don't need to be revealed. Like Dalglish needlessly admitting he wanted to return to Liverpool while still Rovers manager.

I was furious when Eriksson didn't pick him. Would have really hurt to see him go to United after being so angry on his behalf.

Archived