BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Animal-Related Cruelty. (Topic Changed)

Reckon there should be a thread on betting tips as I've seen a really good one today. People should want each other to win money on here as there's a good chance some of it would lead in the direction of Ewood.

2:50 Plumpton at 11/1 (William Hill) is Bonds Conquest. EVS is Slidecheck. The high value is because it looks like there's only 4 runners. You could put money on Bonds (admittedly poor record but its finished 2nd once and with so few runners its not going to hurt chances) and try to recoup that stake by betting same on Slidecheck.

I'm no expert on horse racing (don't bet that much on it) so no liability if it goes wrong! I've had a couple of people who seem "in the know" like my tweet on twitter though!

EDIT-Slidecheck won so got my Bonds stake back plus a "best odds guaranteed" bonus of £3.75. Hey a profit is a profit!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a gambling thread for the purpose of highlighting bets with the best potential/value. If you want to discourage gambling then start another thread about it.

If anyone followed my tip on that opening post they wouldn't have lost anything. So as far as I'm concerned this isn't a losing thread...not on my first suggestion anyway!

Actually it was more than £3.75 bonus because I decided to put more money on after the initial bet. Therefore over £7 profit. Plus if the 11/1 had won (it finished 2nd I would have won £200 for 1st plus the likely bonus) you might have seen this just at the right time. Odds later dropped to at least 5/1. I'll get over the 11/1 coming 2nd really its barely any different to finishing 3rd. If it didn't win it didn't win that's my way of looking at it.

My tip would be to not bet on greyhound racing, because if you do then you're financially supporting cruelty, torture and death to thousands of dogs a year.(and if knowing that doesn't prevent you from betting on the dogs then you are a pathetic piece of crap imo)

My tip would be to not bet on greyhound racing, because if you do then you're financially supporting cruelty, torture and death to thousands of dogs a year.(and if knowing that doesn't prevent you from betting on the dogs then you are a pathetic piece of crap imo)

To be honest I don't like dogs and animal welfare is far from the top of my concerns. Certainly I don't think abusing dogs is morally right. I wouldn't contemplate kicking a dog for instance unless it was trying to bite me (though I've felt a desire to inflict violence on idiots who can't control their dogs) but you're singling things out. You know lots of major brands probably manufacture in third world countries somewhere with practically slave labor? I'm not going to preach about it (because like most people on here I purchase from such companies) but you're probably guilty of that yourself. What about horses is that alright? Could say by going to Ewood you're offending animal welfare groups who have complained about Venkys. I did note an animal rights groups sent a letter to Williams (for some reason even though he wasn't the one selling the club) and a vid showcasing chicken factories on here not long ago. Like I said though animal welfare wasn't remotely a concern for me when they bought the club and it wasn't for most people either. It still isn't.

I care more about issues that impact humans more than dogs, chickens, etc to be honest. I've bet on both greyhounds and horses before without even watching the races usually. So yeah my motivation is financial for my own benefit. Can we get this back on topic away from anti-gambling remarks or issues like this now please? The thread was started with the intention of being a helpful resource not for tedious arguments.

You promote greyhound charities in your signature...fine. Just leave it at that (or turn your attention to humans perhaps) and don't use this thread to preach about it.

I'm going to the dogs on a stag do next week and I'm bloody looking forward to it to be quite honest!

Combination tricasts.. Get reading up haha.

I think this applies to both horse and bags, but unless you live a vegan lifestyle, it's pretty blooming rich to have a pop at anyone.

Far be it from me to support TJ, but in respect to greyhound racing he is absolutely spot on.

There has been a recent expose of the "industry" down here, and it has revealed some of the most disgusting treatment of greyhounds ever.

Trainers and owners have been banned and, to my mind. should be taken to court over the most inhumane treatment of their animals.

Do a little research on how greyhounds are treated once they're deemed to have no financial worth or become even slightly injured and how the greyhound racing industry is run and if that doesn't put you off then pffft.

Thankfully the greyhound racing industry is slowly but surely coming to an end.

Do you eat meat? I love animals but I'd find it very picky to be specifically angry over dogs, when the race horses we see are treat in similar ways. Then how many chickens are born without ever seeing day light to go straight to a table? And the rest?

It all makes me feel a bit uneasy to be specifically against one sport, yet likely still eating meat which is barbarically processed? Bit hypocritical.

The greyhound racing industry is pretty much completely self regulated and is run by The betting industry itself, which means they can literally get away with murder at every race.(and the flapping tracks aren't even required to have a vet anywhere on site)

the majority of trainers/owners mutilate, torture, abandon and/or murder their dogs once they're financially no good to them.

http://greytexploitations.com/

Do you eat meat? I love animals but I'd find it very picky to be specifically angry over dogs, when the race horses we see are treat in similar ways. Then how many chickens are born without ever seeing day light to go straight to a table? And the rest?

It all makes me feel a bit uneasy to be specifically against one sport, yet likely still eating meat which is barbarically processed? Bit hypocritical.

I accept your point, but I'm not being "picky" I'm just protesting against something that very close to me personally, as I volunteer with dog rescues and greyhounds so I've seen first hand the abuse and neglect these dogs suffer.

P.s. I'm not "anti gambling" I'm anti animal torture and murder all for the sake of a bet, big difference.

Mike, the points that TJ brought up were relevant to betting on greyhounds.

JB brought up the point that it wasn't just greyhounds and the extra point about meat eaters.

It is a well known fact that it is easy to"nobble" dogs in races, it's also a well known fact that they are mistreated when they don't win.

So basically he's saying "don't bet on them, it encourages the "sport""

If you want a punt, bet on something that's not doped, or subject to mistreatment, if you can find it.

• Backroom

So at what point did any of you provide 'tips'?

I was hoping this would become an actual gambling thread before people got preachy. You could've at least let the spirit of the thread (enjoyment) take hold before going high horse.

Too many posters are quick to jump on their high horse in the name of stopping others enjoying themselves.

Greyhounds weren't even bloody mentioned until TJ brought it up.

• Backroom

TJ I completely agree with your stance on greyhounds (I even hate people betting on horses). But it was a thread to enjoy betting in general.

Now, however, it's become a discussion about the perils of betting on the dogs when it could've been a thriving betting Thread between members sharing tips.

That's why I chose to hide it, because posters who would possibly enjoy the thread haven't seen it yet and would believe it to be a preachy thread and lose interest.

Think about what you post. This kind of thing is why modding is so frustrating, because if we dare to ask people to stick to the rules, posters jump down our throats.

Anyway, do what you want, you were anyway.

As far as I'm concerned vinjay and donners comments about greyhound racing validate the need to bring awareness to this particular aspect of the betting industry.

Ive said all I'm going to say on the issue and if anybody wants to look into the problems of the greyhound racing industry they can do some googling or have a look in the link I posted.

I'll go park my "high horse" up now.

Sorry but.. Finally, just a thought but maybe it would be more in tune with the site if it was just human sports(football, cricket rugby, NFL, ect...) that where the subject of the betting tips/discussion.

I personally had no idea about how the dogs are treated, so I will do some research TJ. I may wait til after next week though before I do! It's my first proper night out with the lads since MY stag do and I can't see another on the horizon any time soon as my wife is expecting!

Apologies Mike for off topic.

I totally understand where your at, I think a lot of people that do 'go to the dogs' just do it because it's a day or evening out with the lads, not because they have any real interest in greyhound racing(or even betting in general in many cases)

That's quite true, I've never even put a bet on the Grand National for example. Why I chose to come on a betting thread I'll never know!

So at what point did any of you provide 'tips'?

I was hoping this would become an actual gambling thread before people got preachy. You could've at least let the spirit of the thread (enjoyment) take hold before going high horse.

Too many posters are quick to jump on their high horse in the name of stopping others enjoying themselves.

Greyhounds weren't even bloody mentioned until TJ brought it up.

Well I certainly did and it was a good one too! Mike could you choose which thread will be anti-gambling and which will just be for tips?

Archived