BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End Of Season Post Mortem = Abject Failure?

End of season post mortem? Patient was violently battered, signs of trauma to the head, legs and arms, the HEART was most certainly ripped from its body, sadly the perpetrator will most likely get away as too many people have turned a blind eye

Agree with probably all the above sentiments - despite losses to all our local clubs when we imploded/didn't turn up/the team failed to understand what it meant to the fans etc, for me the most inept "performance" I can remamber in 40 years was the home game against the mighty Huddersfield......oh, and the away game at MK.......oh and those w*nkers that purport to own us, and Shebby feckin Singhs tweet tonight (if genuine), requesting we respect the hand that feeds, the hand that has destroyed our club.

Wow, the future is sh*te, the future is still blue & white.

Despite an abysmal 5 years, the appointment of Lambert gave me hope again.

Not that Lambert guaranteed anything, but the way it was quickly sorted out was a sign of a football club acting professionally and it was a real statement of intent.

Even as late as March, when we played Boro off the park (home and away), I was really looking forward to next season.

So the events of the last 6 weeks have been the most demoralising I can recall.

Completely agree Matty. The idea that Lambert was having a look at the squad, and had brought in some reasonable freebies was something we could build on. The Rhodes money in the top pocket to be able to but 3 or 4 decent players.

Venkys have robbed us of that. I don't understand how, when we got out of FFP whilst paying Rhodes' wages, we couldn't/can't afford to use the proceeds from his sale and stay FFP compliant.

I keep hearing £2m monthly losses but this surely can't still be the figure, can it?

Completely agree Matty. The idea that Lambert was having a look at the squad, and had brought in some reasonable freebies was something we could build on. The Rhodes money in the top pocket to be able to but 3 or 4 decent players.

Venkys have robbed us of that. I don't understand how, when we got out of FFP whilst paying Rhodes' wages, we couldn't/can't afford to use the proceeds from his sale and stay FFP compliant.

I keep hearing £2m monthly losses but this surely can't still be the figure, can it?

Where's the income? ST money spent up front, as is the limited sponsorship cash. Money on the day from away fans, hence the desire to give away the DE, and limited extra Rovers fans, Graham on reported 35k per week, they are fooked & losing money hand over fist - again no staff, and very limited budget next year......chicken on the cheap, disgusting as we know.

Where's the income? ST money spent up front, as is the limited sponsorship cash. Money on the day from away fans, hence the desire to give away the DE, and limited extra Rovers fans, Graham on reported 35k per week, they are fooked & losing money hand over fist - again no staff, and very limited budget next year......chicken on the cheap, disgusting as we know.

£9m for Rhodes. When already out of FFP. They could have reinvested and been FFP compliant. Paying off the debt doesn't make us any better off for FFP.

Archived