SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cheston Out

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://venkysout.com/brfc-action-group-statement-10517/

logo-300x300.jpg

The final day of the 2016/2017 season ended, as predicted by many supporters with Blackburn Rovers relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in nearly forty years. This being the second relegation the club has suffered under the sickening ownership of absent owners Venkys.
Head coach Tony Mowbray inherited a team that appeared low in confidence, belief, fitness and tactical awareness. Given just fifteen games to pull off a great escape, the gap proved just too big with Rovers being relegated on goal difference despite losing just three of those fifteen matches and picking up eleven points from the last five fixtures. If the season started the day Tony Mowbray took charge and ended on Sunday, Rovers would have been a top ten team.

Fans are left asking could this have been avoided if Owen Coyle had been dismissed when it became clear that his appointment was an abject failure?  One of English footballs most famous names the late Brian Clough once said “If a chairman sacks the manager he initially appointed, he should go as well”. Coyle was personally endorsed and hailed as “The outstanding candidate” by club director Mike Cheston.  Mike then went on to defend his outstanding candidate, ignoring supporter concerns and his decision to take that stance has had catastrophic consequences on Blackburn Rovers.  Today we once again call for Mike Cheston to do the right thing and walk away from his position at the club.

Within twenty four hours of relegation we have seen the departure of Paul Senior, Director of football and operations and yet another unnamed generic message from the owners. Employees are uncertain of their futures, local businesses are suffering and Ewood Park once again has an operating boardroom that consists of just Mike Cheston who has previously proved to be incompetent in addressing both the finances and recruitment of Blackburn Rovers.

The BRFC Action Group has actively campaigned against the Venkys regime since its inception in 2012.  Supporters and community groups have called for the clubs owners to communicate and begin to support their ‘baby’ and these calls have remained unheeded.
Since that ill-fated day in November 2010 when Venkateshwara Hatcheries purchased Blackburn Rovers, this famous football club has been in a decline which the owners seem both unable and uninterested in halting.  The statement released by the owners on Monday was an insult to the supporters of Blackburn Rovers, who are in agreement by a vast majority that these people are not fit and proper to run their football club.  The club currently has two UK based directors who see fit to either accuse boycotting supporters of “harming the club”, or believe that threatening supporters with legal action is acceptable.  These actions by the Directors of Blackburn Rovers, together with the negligence of the owners, Anuradha Desai, Balaji Rao and Venkatesh Rao have destroyed the very fabric of this football club.  The supporters of Blackburn Rovers are issuing a vote of no confidence in the board of directors and the owners of their club and the only acceptable outcome for the supporters is for Venkateshwara Hatcheries to sell the club with immediate effect
The continued terminal decline of Blackburn Rovers continues, watched on by Venkys and their partners, The Football League and Football Association appear to be completely oblivious to the fact that Blackburn Rovers and other clubs up and down the country are being systematically dismantled by owners and their associates, who appear to have no understanding of football or the importance of such clubs to the local communities they sit at the centre of.  Modern football has become a multi billion pound business and those charged with regulating the game are clearly outdated, self fulfilling and not fit and proper themselves.  The BRFC Action Group is in daily contact with fellow supporter groups across the length and breadth of the country discussing plans to target the games governing bodies as we call once again for the government to reform the way our national game is managed.

#VenkysOut #ChestonOut

42 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Cheston's just a bean-counting puppet doing a job for his employer's. If he goes another puppet will come in to do the same job.

Errr where does this term bean counter come from? I mean a controller, qs or accountant gets branded it all the time by people, bizzare.

Cheston is an idiot, he evidently makes the same mistakes over and over again, dosen't seem to be able to manage a cashflow or even add up correctly and is a real danger to the future of this football club.

video - 

Noticed alan myers liked it, always had a soft spot for him.

46 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Errr where does this term bean counter come from? I mean a controller, qs or accountant gets branded it all the time by people, bizzare.

Cheston is an idiot, he evidently makes the same mistakes over and over again, dosen't seem to be able to manage a cashflow or even add up correctly and is a real danger to the future of this football club.

You asked...;)

"Beans are a cheap  commodity, so to count them is a rather silly thing to do. A "bean counter" is one who nitpicks over small things in order to save costs. It is a derogatory term for accountants, bankers, and anyone who holds a financial interest in an endeavor."

I think it's of US origin

On 2017-5-8 at 10:19, Dunnfc said:

The Facts and Soundbites of 2017

Mike Cheston:

He was the 'standout candidate' during the selection process with him meeting 'all the criteria' (Mike Cheston on the appointment of Owen Coyle Summer 2016)

We’d love to beat last season’s figures but from where we were in May, when it looked like it was going to be difficult, I can only say we’re very pleased with season ticket sales to date. “The club needs your support, the team needs your support, and if you’re not renewing your season ticket, I would ask why you are not renewing. “If it’s a protest vote then you’re damaging the club, you’re damaging the staff, you’re damaging something you actually enjoy doing.  (Mike Cheston Summer 2016 as Rovers Season Ticket numbers Slumped to all time new low under the Venky’s regime).

There will be an amount made available to Owen for transfers and reinvestment. (Mike Cheston after Rovers double stamped Hanley & Duffy Sales (11m) Rovers then spent 200k on Derrick Williams, only transfer fee in 3 years despite recouping 40million +).

They are very private individuals. We should respect the fact that they continue to support the club financially and in other ways. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting).

We’ve got a projector here. Why can’t we get Venkys on Skype? It’s an hour and a half out of an evening. Mike Cheston: One is the distance. I know with technology… (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting).

On being asked if Venky’s will communicate with the fans; Mike Cheston: They’ve said no. I think that in the right circumstances they might have a look at it. But at the end of the day, it’s their decision. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting).

Paul Keogh: My question is to Mike. It’s regarding Suhail: you’ve just confirmed that he is employed by the club. Does he have a title for the club at all? Mike Cheston: Yes he does have a title. Paul Keogh: Which is…? Mike Cheston: Something like Errr ‘Management Consultant’. I can’t remember the exact title. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting answering the fan wondering what Suhail Pasha does).

James: What’s his real name, Mike? Obviously on Linked in, he’s called Suhail Sheikh. Every news article I read – Lancashire Evening Telegraph, even yourself referred to him as Suhail Pasha. So what’s his name: Suhail Sheikh or Pasha? Mike Cheston: I only know him as Suhail. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting answering the fan wondering who is Suhail Pasha).

Mike Cheston: Absolutely, we’ve had to from time to time take short-term loans but we are managing that position in terms of managing the cash flow and we’re repaying them. James:  But it’s 7% of your turnover (2016) So it’s a football club that runs like a business, 7% of your turnover is going directly on interest alone before the turnover which now drops. £1.7 million interest in 2016 you paid out. (Going to be circa 20% next season). (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting answering the fan on high interest (14+Libor %) short term loans).

Mike Cheston: These are all things that any business has to do to manage its cash flow and the owners don’t, can’t, always provide the funds and we shouldn’t rely on the funds – on owners to provide the funds. We’ve got to find ways of managing the cash flow. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting answering the fan on high interest (14+Libor %) short term loans).

Mike Cheston:  The loans were temporary and short-term and sometimes that’s what you need to do. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting (Not in any situation would you think this is ideal – this idiot runs the club)

Fan: Mike, can you promise for the next two years that we won’t go into administration – yes or no? Mike Cheston: I can’t guarantee things like that. It’s not fair. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting (Not in any situation would you think this is ideal – this idiot runs the club)

Mike you are probably a nice chap but you are so far out your depth PLEASE GO PLEASE RESIGN THIS SEASON IS PARTIALLY YOUR FAULT!

Dunnfc & don't forget the best BS! of the lot my question Mike did you check out Coyle's track record at Bolton, Wigan & Houston MC yes & he still was the best candidate at the time SM but Mike his track record at all those clubs was awful 

Could be of US origin but I was in the Forces and all accounting personnel were called bean counters. Like you say nitpicking people who thought saving a penny or 2 would pay their wages for the year. Look at MOD bean counters and their disastrous arming and clothing of troops in Afghanistan. Mike Cheston falls into the same category

Archived