BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cheston Out

Just now, arbitro said:

I have just emailed him asking him if he going to resign as he has some responsibility in our relegation by appointing Coil and his insulting comments when he was appointed.

I don't expect a reply as he will be busy over the next few days handing out redundancy letters to the low earners and plotting our next relegation campaign.

Only got his personal one but assume it's mcheston@rovers.co.uk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be getting another one very shortly although ultimately it isn't his fault but he's a yes man who like Shaw was happy to put himself in the firing line deflecting flak for the owners so tough tit.

He was the 'standout candidate' during the selection process with him meeting 'all the criteria' 

Cheston needs to be held to account for that quote on Coyle. Coyle's appointment when the likes of Warnock were available is directly responsible for us now being in the third division. 

I agree that he should be held responsible for the hiring of Coyle and then the slow reaction to remove him once it was obvious he was going to relegate us. TM proved Coyle clearly was incompetent as he came in and managed to get results out of our squad.

I would prefer if they stopped taking us for mugs and just said look we are skint we have no backing  from the owners and we are trying to the very best with what little we have, we have to make cuts because we have no backing and our revenue is depleted and our credit is drying up. U could respect that but trying to bullshit us all the time is so desperate and demeaning to the fans.

Just now, JonnyP said:

I agree that he should be held responsible for the hiring of Coyle and then the slow reaction to remove him once it was obvious he was going to relegate us. TM proved Coyle clearly was incompetent as he came in and managed to get results out of our squad.

I would prefer if they stopped taking us for mugs and just said look we are skint we have no baking from the owners and we are trying to the very best with what little we have, we have to make cuts because we have no baking and our revenue is depleted and our credit is drying up. U could respect that but trying to bullshit us all the time is so desperate and demeaning to the fans.

Thats why theyve stopped paying the pie people is it? They were expecting venkys to bake them and they havent? 

Dear Mike,

Firstly I write to you to express my disillusionment with the running of Blackburn Rovers and more personally with your involvement within this football club. I do wish to succinctly set out the basis of my feelings within this email whilst I wish to assure you that this remains non-personal in regards to you as an individual.

I thoroughly believe from the evident engagements throughout the recourse of this season that the role you fulfil currently is one that is demanding, difficult and almost neigh on impossible at times. Blackburn Rovers itself remains but echoes only a shell of what was once a proud community, town and the heartbeat of most supporters. I think we can both recognise that the Venky’s tenure has been centrifugal to the overall diminution of the micro economics that the town has faced and continues to do so. Subjectively we have seen recently what local success from near neighbours Burnley can do to revitalise a town and secure central funding to area improvements on the back of football success demonstrating the ineptness of some of the decisions being made at Ewood Park.

Over the course of this season you have been on record with some of the most unsubstantiated and probably dissentious quips contrary to the views of many supporters with examples paraphrased below;

• During the summer you alluded to the appointment of Owen Coyle as being the one who fulfilled all criteria of the managerial search, can you go further into detail on what the criteria was? I ask because additionally you also set out from your own consideration that Owen was as you put the “Outstanding Candidate”.

• On the 30th March 2017, you confirmed the existence of prior and post short term loan lending which you were party to with various “financial institutions”. These loans range from a magnitude of values 450k to 5million and attract non-commercial interest values before Libor (2.5%) of a range between 9-14.5%.

• Again on the 30th March 2017 and more alarmingly there appeared to be further confliction between Mr Suhail Pasha’s role within the club as detailed below which appears to evidently underpin suspicions that Suhail is indeed the shadow managing director of the club:

1. Mike Cheston: Starting with myself, I am a Director, I am responsible for Finance, HR and IT systems, with the recent appointment of Paul Senior as Director of Footballing Operations -  he obviously oversees all the football operations as well as the operations at the stadium, Suhail acts as the and the point of contact between the club and the owners.

2. Mike Cheston: The owners delegate the running of the club to the appointed executives and we have that line of communication via Suhail currently.

3. Fan:  So who’s his boss? Mike Cheston: His boss are the owners. Fan:  It’s the owners and then it’s Suhail and then it comes down. Mike Cheston: Hmm.

• Mike Cheston: These are all things that any business has to do to manage its cash flow and the owners don’t, can’t, always provide the funds and we shouldn’t rely on the funds – on owners to provide the funds. We’ve got to find ways of managing the cash flow.

Having followed events at the club which pre-date your employment, I am off the conclusion that physically and professionally the existing current set-up enlisted within the club is causing significant harm to any future prospects that the club may have to aid a potential recovery.

Personally I have very little faith in your ability to fulfil the current role of both financial director and managing director of this football club. The concurrent and past examples of short term lending suggests you’re personally unable to identify or address issues with a cash flow issue beforehand before it becomes urgent, your reliance on youth prospects developing is becoming an unsustainable modelled approach to the leagues we currently ply our trade within whilst I'm left exasperated at the statements you've released recently concerning how any business manages a cash flow and financing.

Additionally I perceive the role in which you have undertaken to date to show incredible weakness at advising the owners of what potentially is best for Blackburn Rovers whilst I believe you have failed to address the owners in a managing director capacity on what is required to own and run a football club in England.

I respectfully call for your resignation in light of this season and the personal decisions on record in which you have made and the share of accountability I believe you have in the weekend’s confirmation of relegation., a catastrophic outcome for the future of this football club.

I wish you the sincere best.

7 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

Haha dyslexia strikes again

Let's not go there with the disability jokes please, I myself am aspergus mate.

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Let's not go there with the disability jokes please, I myself am aspergus mate.

It was an acknowledgment that I had spelt "backing" as "baking" I was merely outlining my own mistake which usually is a result of being dyslexic. No offence was intended 

Just now, JonnyP said:

It was an acknowledgment that I had spelt "backing" as "baking" I was merely outlining my own mistake which usually is a result of being dyslexic. No offence was intended 

Apologies pal I thought I'd nip in before WW3 started haha!

This is utterly pointless.

If Cheston does resign or get canned, Venkys will only appoint someone else who agrees to do the same bidding.

Fair play to Senior no doubt a snake, he actually spoke on sunday about his plans so I'm a bit surprised but I applaud him for taking responsility in his share of the blame for relegation especially the January debacle. Goes to show he's not even going to put up with the venkys side show.

Chaddy won't be happy.

• Backroom
Just now, Phil T said:

If Cheston does resign or get canned, Venkys will only appoint someone else who agrees to do the same bidding.

Based on our lack of cash Mowbray will probably be asked to take up the role alongside managing the team. Or if Mowbray resigns just have David Dunn and Damien Johnson do everything. Literally everything. 

Just now, Phil T said:

And we will chase him or her out too. One by one we will get them.

Cheston is incompetent at the highest order, I'd run things with my eyes shut far bloody better.

Just now, DE. said:

Based on our lack of cash Mowbray will probably be asked to take up the role alongside managing the team. Or if Mowbray resigns just have David Dunn and Damien Johnson do everything. Literally everything. 

We didn't exactly lack cash back in the Premier League, yet Steve Kean was asked to do the same by all accounts. It's incompetence. Pure incompetence. How the hell they make a mint from running their businesses, I don't know.

Just now, Phil T said:

We didn't exactly lack cash back in the Premier League, yet Steve Kean was asked to do the same by all accounts. It's incompetence. Pure incompetence. How the hell they make a mint from running their businesses, I don't know.

Simple Phil.

In India they have deregulation and can treat their staff like skivvies.

In the U.K. they have the challenges of the 'Fit and Proper' test and they have to respect their staff and local stakeholders.

Just now, Phil T said:

He is just a puppet who is out of his depth, unfortunately as you say Venkys are only likely to appoint someone of the same ilk. 

3 minutes ago, Phil T said:

yeh probably ;( 

Archived