BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cheston Out

I've just been reading the interview with Williams on WBA's website. When I look at the mutterings of Cheston and compare the two it really does make you want to weep. You realise just how clueless Cheston is in terms of running a football club and keeping the fans onside. Virtually everything the club has done this summer has merely widened the gulf between the club and its supporters.

#VenkysOut

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If Cheston leaves then who's left to dump the responsibilities on? Maybe they'll just promote Coyle to CEO/Manager. The job description would basically be the same anyway: make recommendations to the owners and be ignored, sell valuable assets, chat as much positive BS as possible and show up for work every so often.

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the above actually happened.

If Cheston leaves then who's left to dump the responsibilities on? Maybe they'll just promote Coyle to CEO/Manager. The job description would basically be the same anyway: make recommendations to the owners and be ignored, sell valuable assets, chat as much positive BS as possible and show up for work every so often.

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the above actually happened.

I would let Molly from the Ticket Office take charge. She has done a decent job on the phone trying to get ST holders to renew.

Cheston out

Molly in.

I would let Molly from the Ticket Office take charge. She has done a decent job on the phone trying to get ST holders to renew.

Cheston out

Molly in.

Molly wouldn't get the job due to her being a decent person.

I am not sticking up for the the guy as I really do not care about him one iota, but really what does everyone expect? Even if he is trying to do a decent job the morons in charge would veto any recommendation, delay any decision and ultimately do nothing beneficial anyway. Those castigating him for currying favour, job preservation, spin and deception etc all do similar each and every day in their own working lives. The guy is simply a puppet who will safeguard his earnings on this gravy train for as long as is reasonably possible.

He can still leave soonest however for me. Everyone out.

Everyone out!

it has been happening, for the last 6 years. Where the hell have you been DE? ;):D

• Backroom

it has been happening, for the last 6 years. Where the hell have you been DE? ;):D

I'm hoping I accidentally entered an alternate dimension around 6 years ago. One day I'll wake up and Rovers will be back in the Prem, playing in Europe, John Williams at the helm, the Trust persuaded to start backing the club again having realised the potential benefit of the increased PL TV monies. Venky's meanwhile have been convicted of corrupt business practices, the lot of them rotting in an Indian jail somewhere.

The way I see it, there's more chance of the above happening than Venky's ever making a worthwhile contribution to Rovers. So, any day now.

• 9 months later...

Cheston should hand in his resignation tomorrow morning.

He has overseen this decline, whilst not his fault he has done NOTHING to stop it. Instead he has SUPPORTED IT with his lies to the fans about finances and managerial appointments.

His LIES to the fans are believed by many which in turn takes the heat off the real problem (venkys).

He hung his hat on the Coyle appointment, which was ultimately the reason we went down. For that alone he should resign.

We need a Director who is able to get venkys to change their ways, not someone promoted beyond his ability obviously just hanging onto the gravy train.

The last 

Just now, OJRovers said:

We need a Director who is able to get venkys to change their ways, not someone promoted beyond his ability obviously just hanging onto the gravy train.

The last paragraph is the problem, and highlights why "Cheston out, Senior out, *insert manager name* out" is pointless.

Venkys hire the staff, they won't hire trouble makers and deal with dissent swiftly, re Simon Hunt.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Biz knows nowt

Bizzy clapping

cheston out

senior out

Is there any danger of you not being an absolute weapon? Just for five minutes?

6 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Cheston should hand in his resignation tomorrow morning.

He has overseen this decline, whilst not his fault he has done NOTHING to stop it. Instead he has SUPPORTED IT with his lies to the fans about finances and managerial appointments.

His LIES to the fans are believed by many which in turn takes the heat off the real problem (venkys).

He hung his hat on the Coyle appointment, which was ultimately the reason we went down. For that alone he should resign.

Out of the massive debacle this season has been I am still most insulted by Chestons claim that Coil was the outstanding candidate. For that alone he should hand in his resignation. As soon as Coils signature was dried on his contract our relegation was pretty much sealed.

35 minutes ago, preston blue said:

I expect Mike Chesnut will be having a day off today in lieu for having to work on a Sunday.

He should be in nice and early helping with the rush for ST's.

Was he there ???

I saw the reptile , that is Senior walking to the ground with his wife .....

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whoever appointed Coyle should be fired if spending cuts for the staff are being implemented.

It was just another 'in joke' for the disgusting morons who have taken root as the cancerous source of decline in our once proud club.

Just like in a Zombie movie, the thing we are dealing with just doesn't have the life in it anymore, and is simply a wandering empty shell devouring anything and everythng living in its path.

The Facts and Soundbites of 2017

Mike Cheston:

He was the 'standout candidate' during the selection process with him meeting 'all the criteria' (Mike Cheston on the appointment of Owen Coyle Summer 2016)

We’d love to beat last season’s figures but from where we were in May, when it looked like it was going to be difficult, I can only say we’re very pleased with season ticket sales to date. “The club needs your support, the team needs your support, and if you’re not renewing your season ticket, I would ask why you are not renewing. “If it’s a protest vote then you’re damaging the club, you’re damaging the staff, you’re damaging something you actually enjoy doing.  (Mike Cheston Summer 2016 as Rovers Season Ticket numbers Slumped to all time new low under the Venky’s regime).

There will be an amount made available to Owen for transfers and reinvestment. (Mike Cheston after Rovers double stamped Hanley & Duffy Sales (11m) Rovers then spent 200k on Derrick Williams, only transfer fee in 3 years despite recouping 40million +).

They are very private individuals. We should respect the fact that they continue to support the club financially and in other ways. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting).

We’ve got a projector here. Why can’t we get Venkys on Skype? It’s an hour and a half out of an evening. Mike Cheston: One is the distance. I know with technology… (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting).

On being asked if Venky’s will communicate with the fans; Mike Cheston: They’ve said no. I think that in the right circumstances they might have a look at it. But at the end of the day, it’s their decision. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting).

Paul Keogh: My question is to Mike. It’s regarding Suhail: you’ve just confirmed that he is employed by the club. Does he have a title for the club at all? Mike Cheston: Yes he does have a title. Paul Keogh: Which is…? Mike Cheston: Something like Errr ‘Management Consultant’. I can’t remember the exact title. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting answering the fan wondering what Suhail Pasha does).

James: What’s his real name, Mike? Obviously on Linked in, he’s called Suhail Sheikh. Every news article I read – Lancashire Evening Telegraph, even yourself referred to him as Suhail Pasha. So what’s his name: Suhail Sheikh or Pasha? Mike Cheston: I only know him as Suhail. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting answering the fan wondering who is Suhail Pasha).

Mike Cheston: Absolutely, we’ve had to from time to time take short-term loans but we are managing that position in terms of managing the cash flow and we’re repaying them. James:  But it’s 7% of your turnover (2016) So it’s a football club that runs like a business, 7% of your turnover is going directly on interest alone before the turnover which now drops. £1.7 million interest in 2016 you paid out. (Going to be circa 20% next season). (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting answering the fan on high interest (14+Libor %) short term loans).

Mike Cheston: These are all things that any business has to do to manage its cash flow and the owners don’t, can’t, always provide the funds and we shouldn’t rely on the funds – on owners to provide the funds. We’ve got to find ways of managing the cash flow. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting answering the fan on high interest (14+Libor %) short term loans).

Mike Cheston:  The loans were temporary and short-term and sometimes that’s what you need to do. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting (Not in any situation would you think this is ideal – this idiot runs the club)

Fan: Mike, can you promise for the next two years that we won’t go into administration – yes or no? Mike Cheston: I can’t guarantee things like that. It’s not fair. (Mike Cheston 30th March EFL consultation meeting (Not in any situation would you think this is ideal – this idiot runs the club)

Mike you are probably a nice chap but you are so far out your depth PLEASE GO PLEASE RESIGN THIS SEASON IS PARTIALLY YOUR FAULT!

I have just emailed him asking him if he going to resign as he has some responsibility in our relegation by appointing Coil and his insulting comments when he was appointed.

I don't expect a reply as he will be busy over the next few days handing out redundancy letters to the low earners and plotting our next relegation campaign.

Archived