BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Purpose Is To 'teach The Ingrates A Lesson'

I don't accept that Venkys are trying to teach us a lesson with their behaviour. Ultimately if they really were doing all this just to upset the fans and show them who's boss then there is a whole collection of things they could have done over the last few months do achieve it at less cost and with more impact. They could have appointed Kean as manager again, they could have changed our kit, colours, name, badge, stadium, all of which would have successfully achieved outrage with 100% of the fanbase overnight. They really didn't need this elaborate scheme of Bowyer-Lambert-Coyle to prove some sort of point.

I accept they are leaving us to rot. They have had enough of spending money/cannot spend any more due to the Bank, whatever limited interest they once had in the club has gone, they now know that the Premier League isn't going to be coming back any time soon and instead of bankrolling a push are now onto damage limitation mode. Their neglect in terms of not attending games, not appointing a board of directors, having to sanction even minor decisions in India - have all been traits that have existed since the day they arrived.

The only real change in their behaviour in the last few months has been a massive tightening of the financial belt. The neglect, lack of interest and relentless PR disaster that is BRFC has been consistent since the day they arrived.

I think you may be missing the point - whereas their previous ineptitude might have been explained away in terms of their naivety and lack of understanding of the basic principles for running a football club, their attitude now appears to have hardened into a deliberate strategy to hold our heads under water, in retaliation for the personal abuse they feel they have endured. At least that is what they appear to be telling people in India. They want us to suffer, but at no cost to themselves. End of.

'despite the generosity they have shown to the club'.

What @#/? generosity? They bought the club and started to dismantle it instantly.

Yes I wonder that as well. Blimey if that was their generosity, then I hate to think what they consider to be spiteful.

Tbh I'm not 100% sure this is true, but it could be the line they are now spinning in India to help them keep face (or perceive to). If you ignore the sacking of Bowyer and appointment of Lambert then it rings true, but with all the facts it doesn't quite fit. Can see them pushing this as the party line though ignoring the past.

Me, I reckon it's to do with saving face, and if the books were opened to an outside investor then the skeletons would be well and truly uncovered leaving to a massive loss of face. Imo that's the only reason that they can't sell, and it's the only one which explains both their grim determination to hang on to us and their shambolic "support".

I posted at the time of the take over that there may be a connection with the Rao's and the Blackburn area. Years ago living in the midlands I used to stop at a guest house when visting at the weekend.

Said guest house is still there with the original owners duaghter now in charge.

Her mother, Mrs Rao was married to a Doctor Rao, they had divorced years before and he had returned to India.

Just saying

Not the back slapping and Keans fist pumping after one of their investments scored v Sheff Weds ?

That was sickening and told a story in itself.

I remain convinced that Nixon was 100% correct in his story that the Qatari Royal Family offered the Venky's £75m for the club in 2011 and that Anderson put in a desperate three hour call to Balaji to persuade him to oppose the sale which because the siblings operate a unanimity rule on decision making blocked Rovers from being sold.

As for betting implications, better not go there but the Sports Minister gave a very surprising answer when a tentative suggestion was raised with him.

I remain convinced that Nixon was 100% correct in his story that the Qatari Royal Family offered the Venky's £75m for the club in 2011 and that Anderson put in a desperate three hour call to Balaji to persuade him to oppose the sale which because the siblings operate a unanimity rule on decision making blocked Rovers from being sold.

As for betting implications, better not go there but the Sports Minister gave a very surprising answer when a tentative suggestion was raised with him.

IMHO the whole betting thing should be looked at. My gut feeling is something is going on.

Big Sam was 33/1 next manager to be sacked. Appleton was 33/1 next manager to get the job when he did...

....just saying

Highlighted on here at the time by me and plenty others but brushed away by the strangely absent at the moment apologists. Just look at Berg as well in from nowhere then GB gets sacked out of the blue. Then we have Coyle who's name was nowhere near it and the last geezer virtually anyone would appoint.

Pockets have been being filled by this I'm sure. A nice regular source of pocket money for you and your friends if you owned or ran a club that regularly had an excuse to change manager.

Another stink that's been around as long as this lot have !

Blimey I forgot about that. I remember Rishi Sikka telling me that they'd knocked back a huge bid from the Qataris and he was trying to push their advisors to get them to see sense.

Highlighted on here at the time by me and plenty others but brushed away by the strangely absent at the moment apologists. Just look at Berg as well in from nowhere then GB gets sacked out of the blue. Then we have Coyle who's name was nowhere near it and the last geezer virtually anyone would appoint.

Pockets have been being filled by this I'm sure. A nice regular source of pocket money for you and your friends if you owned or ran a club that regularly had an excuse to change manager.

Another stink that's been around as long as this lot have !

I wouldn't be surprised if Bowyer got sacked for getting rid of Judge, not bad results.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived