BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters Meeting 7.30 Tuesday 7th February, Ewood Park WMC

• Mike E pinned this topic
10 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Are these meetings held together by the BRFC Action group or any particular association or is independent? Are there minutes of these meetings that we can get?

The meetings aren't organised by the BRFC Action Group.  They are held independently by individual supporters working together, in an attempt to share ideas and push projects.   The BRFC Action Group always sends representation to the meetings, which we do with any form of supporter meeting.

In terms of minutes, these aren't circulated upto press.

29 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If you need a lift from Mill Hill station on 7the just ask :)

Really nice touch that mate, thank you.

I should be okay as i think shes on nights so will just drive across but will let you know :)

Need to DM you actually about the meeting.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is there anything to be said for the fan base uniting to support the team for the next 18 games, to give the players every chance of keeping the club in the Championship? Protest like crazy during the summer ,if needs be. Now is a time to unite though. 

Protest against Arsenal? Rovers win.

Protest against Newcastle? Rovers win.

Protest against Blackpool? Rovers win.

The idea that protests have any correlation to poor results is demonstrably flawed, if not completely antithetical. 

Just now, Amarillo said:

The idea that protests have any correlation to poor results is demonstrably flawed, if not completely antithetical. 

I am referring more to fans actually going to games and encouraging and supporting the team. A protest is one thing. A negative crowd week in week out is another. 

Is there anything to be said for the fan base uniting to support the team for the next 18 games, to give the players every chance of keeping the club in the Championship? Protest like crazy during the summer ,if needs be. Now is a time to unite though. 

Never.

I won't be stepping foot inside whilst the owners are here. It will get worse anyways as we continue to plummet.

The players are paid to do a job and they need to just focus on that. All season they've been having there own protest anyways...on the pitch with some of there performances.

I am referring more to fans actually going to games and encouraging and supporting the team. A protest is one thing. A negative crowd week in week out is another. 

Have the crowd got much to be positive about? 

Just now, Amarillo said:

Have the crowd got much to be positive about? 

No, but the players need to be supported and not booed. A bad atmosphere leads to players playing with fear. Particularly younger players. 

Is there something wrong with supporting the players? 

Protest as much as you want about the owners away from the 90 minutes on Saturday, Sunday or whatever day that may be. 

No, but the players need to be supported and not booed. A bad atmosphere leads to players playing with fear. Particularly younger players. 

Protest as much as you want about the owners away from the 90 minutes on Saturday, Sunday or whatever day that may be. 

No  I will protest as I have done at various stages of the season outside before and after the game.

Booed, bad atmosphere? Have you been going recently? It's been a morgue with not even a boo.

Going back a few years Rovers actually statistically gain more points when there is a protest.

I don't think it's fair of you to say that last line, I mean each to there own, I respect those who still attend and they have my sympathy too as I believe the club are abusing there good nature and in some cases naivety.

Your post boils down to "GET BEHIND 'EM FFS!"

The fans have no agency in saving the team from relegation. It could be a sellout every week with the players running out to rapturous applause. It wouldn't compensate for Coyle's incompetence and our threadbare squad.

46 minutes ago, Amarillo said:

Protest against Brentford? Rovers win.

52 minutes ago, Amarillo said:

Your post boils down to "GET BEHIND 'EM FFS!"

The fans have no agency in saving the team from relegation. It could be a sellout every week with the players running out to rapturous applause. It wouldn't compensate for Coyle's incompetence and our threadbare squad.

Getting on the players back leads to nervous and negative performances. Anyone who believes otherwise must never have played sport at any level. 

You think playing in an empty morgue doesn't impact on players negatively either?

There is so much wrong at the club currently. I understand the frustration, I am as frustrated as anyone. I just dont think I can bear a season in league 1.

Getting on the players back leads to nervous and negative performances. Anyone who believes otherwise must never have played sport at any level. 

Are the fans actually getting on the players' backs? Most of the vitriol is reserved for Coyle and the owners, no?

I must say, I find your posts mischievous. 

Are they getting on the players backs? Well I am pretty sure they are. Do you disagree? 

To any appreciable extent? No. We're where we are because the club is a shambles, the manager's a charlatan, and the squad's been decimated. 

Let the club give the fans something to get behind and maybe you'll see a "positive atmosphere". 

Archived