BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters Meeting 7.30 Tuesday 7th February, Ewood Park WMC

Just now, Amarillo said:

To any appreciable extent? No. We're where we are because the club is a shambles, the manager's a charlatan, and the squad's been decimated. 

Let the club give the fans something to get behind and maybe you'll see a "positive atmosphere". 

I didn't say the fans are to blame for where the club is at the moment. I agree with you that the club is a basket case at the minute. I just think the fans should support the current bunch of players as much as possible over the next 18 games. Separate them from Venkys. 

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are they getting on the players backs? Well I am pretty sure they are. Do you disagree? 

Absolute nonsense. Ewood drifts from silence to applause. There is no getting on the players' backs whatsoever.

Funny how we get such vociferous new posters just after crap transfer windows and at times when the chips are down.

Anybody would think the official board has been down all week...

Just now, Stuart said:

Absolute nonsense. Ewood drifts from silence to applause. There is no getting on the players' backs whatsoever.

Funny how we get such vociferous new posters just after crap transfer windows and at times when the chips are down.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are they getting on the players backs? Well I am pretty sure they are. Do you disagree? 

Sorry mate, that's rubbish. So 'loud' is Ewood Park that the Coil is often audible from my seat in the BBE Lower.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't say the fans are to blame for where the club is at the moment. I agree with you that the club is a basket case at the minute. I just think the fans should support the current bunch of players as much as possible over the next 18 games. Separate them from Venkys. 

Like I said, 'Get behind 'em FFS' is the essence of your point, and it's a moot one.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

I agree, the only time I've heard the fans get on the players backs this season was Wigan Away in August. I've not been to an away game since, but certainly at Ewood there's been nothing of the like towards the players at all this season. 

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You on the wind-up fella? Other than one occasion this season our fans have backed the players on the pitch every week. It is quite commendable really when it would be easy for us to take our frustrations with the Chicken Farmers out on the players but we don't. Saying we should seperate the players from the Venkys? No sh*t. I don't think there's any rovers fan who treats the two as the same thing because they obviously aren't! If you've come on here to get a few bites then well done you've got one from me. And if you are a dingle, get yourself back on ClaretsMad or the LT comment section which ever is more up your street. If you are a rovers fan, then good to have a new poster on here. Just don't be expecting a barrel of laughs! 

Getting on the protesters backs hurts our feelings

No matter though

We double our efforts and get on with the job !

Evidence shows the players do the same.

case closed

Tuesday - WMC - 19:30

On 2/3/2017 at 8:42 PM, Stuart said:

Yep happens every time. Two or 3 pop up often with a disguised wooden spoon then disappear again. 

On 03/02/2017 at 3:27 PM, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm one of those who chooses not to protest. There are a variety of reasons not least that I know I've contributed in other ways

I'm at the majority of games and despite the criticism will continue to go. Your post above is totally inaccurate and apart from the usual "get off your arse you lazy so and so" type remarks there is very little anger directed at the players. 

Until last Saturday not much had been aimed at Coyle either. 

Those of us in the ground know the problem, know the reasons and recognises while the players may not be good enough that is not their fault. If we want better players we need better owners and a better manager  

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Bigdog I think you need to join your fellow like minded white flag wavers in the Roverstalk lah lah land.

www.roverstalk.com

Am,no. I will post wherever I want. If you don't like my posts either ignore them or go to LA LA land yourself. 

I'm not sure what you even mean by white flag waver. Being negative isn't a solution. There is no point sacking managers after we have won a game with NO superior ,stand out candidates available. 

23 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Am,no. I will post wherever I want. If you don't like my posts either ignore them or go to LA LA land yourself. 

I'm not sure what you even mean by white flag waver. Being negative isn't a solution. There is no point sacking managers after we have won a game with NO superior ,stand out candidates available. 

I can't think of a manager in the Championship that isn't superior to Coyle. Even thosevsacked by other Championship clubs are superior.

"He's won a game" - great but how many has he not won. One win is enough for him to stay but a run of losses and poor draws are irrelevant.

If you are still struggling to understand, look at our league table.

And enough already with the 'negativity isn't a solution rubbish". There is nothing negative about replacing a failing manager. What is negative is ignoring our plight and seeing how things play out, while watching mediocrity.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Bigdoggsteel said:

there are loads of managers out there who could fill Coyle's boots and get this team to stay up. We have a good enough squad to stay up we just need the right manager in place to achieve this because with Coyle we are going down.

If we don't win the weekend I would be surprised if he doesn't go. The pressure will be deafening and we will really be in the last chance saloon. The eyes of the world will be watching the following weekend with Utd in town. 

Do you think we are in touch with potential candidates now? Would be foolish not to be. 

• Mike E unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we don't win the weekend I would be surprised if he doesn't go. The pressure will be deafening and we will really be in the last chance saloon. The eyes of the world will be watching the following weekend with Utd in town. 

Do you think we are in touch with potential candidates now? Would be foolish not to be. 

Maybe keep this chat for the Coyle Out thread, but no, I doubt we are in touch with potential candidates.

This is Blackburn Rovers, remember.  A club run by charlatans and agents.  Where Mike Cheston, who was head of managerial recruitment at the time of Coyle's appointment, presided over the interviews of candidates (incl Joyce and Warnock), only for him to go on holiday to weigh up the decision and out of nowhere, COYLE is appointed over his head!

Pretending we are a normal club and that things are even remotely similar to the last time we were in this league is burying your head in the sand.

I welcome you joining the MB though bigdogg.  I hope you'll pick up bits of information that our wider fanbase seem oblivious to and spread the word that things aren't all rosy in the garden.  As long as you don't start talking about how Venky's are keeping us afloat or how we will be pushing for promotion next season, like the blithering idiots on the LT and other Rovers MBs, then you'll be fine!

29 minutes ago, mustard said:

Maybe keep this chat for the Coyle Out thread, but no, I doubt we are in touch with potential candidates.

This is Blackburn Rovers, remember.  A club run by charlatans and agents.  Where Mike Cheston, who was head of managerial recruitment at the time of Coyle's appointment, presided over the interviews of candidates (incl Joyce and Warnock), only for him to go on holiday to weigh up the decision and out of nowhere, COYLE is appointed over his head!

Pretending we are a normal club and that things are even remotely similar to the last time we were in this league is burying your head in the sand.

I welcome you joining the MB though bigdogg.  I hope you'll pick up bits of information that our wider fanbase seem oblivious to and spread the word that things aren't all rosy in the garden.  As long as you don't start talking about how Venky's are keeping us afloat or how we will be pushing for promotion next season, like the blithering idiots on the LT and other Rovers MBs, then you'll be fine!

Sorry, I was typing on my phone and wasn't sure what section I was in.

Ya, I am enjoying reading from the other posters here. A lot more activity than the official board (RIP) 

Archived