BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owl in peace

Coyle is awful, everything is shit

I watched the game on Rovers player and we played as well as we have done for a while.

We started the game on the front foot shockingly, there was lots of energy, the formation working quite well.  Graham played much better than he has been recently and put himself about quite a bit, as did Bennett who was pretty good first half.  Mahoney started very well and was one of the best Rovers in the first 45, second half he tired but definitely did enough for me, attacked his full back and the goal, put in some decent balls and some decent shots.  Guthrie for the most part did well, neat and tidy most of the time, a couple of poor passes but also several excellent ones (I like him in the team as he can be the best passer in the side). 

First half we conceded two very sloppy goals from  set pieces but there was, excellent free kick from Wallace against the bar aside, little else from Wednesday ( i know 2 goals against).  Without being great Rovers were the better team, Gallagher was a loss, although not being hugely involved he was a more of a threat than Conway coming in at the far post, and I thought there was potential with him and Bennett swapping positions.

Second half i think we tired a little but Emnes 'scored' a cracker, and Akpan did so well to block the clearance and score, 2 good goals in about a minute and nothing to show for it.  We did see that probably inspite of the manager, the players were really trying and, for me, there is still some hope that we can survive.  If they are not going to sack OC then it is up to the players, Mulgrew and co. to step up, organise us on the pitch and scab out the results we need.

Wednesday fans didn't seem very happy, there sounded like a hell of a lot of moaning, even booing, even when they were winning, as Rovers pressed and they struggled to get going.  A very surprising performance considering the wednesday fans on here said they were playing great football and everything was rosy.

Rhodes was great here, anonymous last night, no service though.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that Akpan has got  3 match ban ( so far) and Bennett a 2 match ban for something that happenned in the tunnel after the match. Ref had himself a good day all in all.

It is past time that Refs and their arseistants were punished properly by demotion and fines for being imcompetent buffoons.

Hoever if results continue to keep us in a lowly position I expect more red cards and bans..................

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Well, we've had to replace those goals with two players instead of one so that's one less player in midfield.

Amazing that Rhodes still gets stick from Rovers fans. Impeccable record, impeccable professionalism. A limited player but did his main job extremely well, and got slated for not being a PL standard player... in the Championship. :wacko:

Let me put it this way Stuart. If we could have loaned back a player in January and your choice was Hanley or Rhodes, who would you have chosen ?

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Let me put it this way Stuart. If we could have loaned back a player in January and your choice was Hanley or Rhodes, who would you have chosen ?

Offer me a more solid defender and ask again. Genuinely don't want Hanley back.

Rhodes meanwhile is a credit to every club he's played for.

Archived