BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owl in peace

Just now, JHRover said:

Appointing Johnson or Dunn at this juncture would be another silly, money orientated decision. They probably would be better than Coyle and would certainly get more fans rallying behind them, but with 15 games to go in a relegation dogfight it isn't the right time for them.

We need tried and tested experience with a big bonus for survival. Been there, done that, know how to grind out results in this league. Someone like Neil Warnock.....

I'm sorry but I think Johnson and Dunn would give the first team squad a huge lift and Get them better organised as a team structure wise better than Coyle.

I agree we need a Rowett or Jackett but I don't see them coming here working for Venkys.

With Senior as Director of football here and I'm not getting involved in a debate today about whether he should be here or not. Cos He is here full stop. So Senior will probably want a head coach appointment. Could be foreign or British. Maybe some like Kevin McDonald could be appoint. If Foreign it could be Jose Riga or some Europe coach. Just for the record I'm not saying it great or I want this but it what could happen

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It doesn't look like he is going to be sacked. If we don't beat Burton I don't think there is anyway they can keep him in the job. A change will have to be made. I'm just afraid it will be another draw and they will continue limping on with coyle in charge. Too many similarities to the season Kean took us down. Appointing a new manger now or even after the Burton game at the latest would still give us a chance of starting up. I would be cautious about Johnson or Dunn though. Remember how shearer went at Newcastle?

I just can't think of a standout candidate currently available. All our bloody rivals have snapped them up. 

Seriously,would Tugay be out of the question? 

Wait a second you mention Shearer then Tugay.

No Standout candidate? Rowett or Jackett. experience managers 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see them appointing some foreign coach in a completely ill judged move. Some guy from Portugal or France that nobody has ever heard of. Relegation gets confirmed even quicker than if Coyle was kept on. It would be just the cherry on the cake of the last 6 years under Venkys. 

Queue to morons on now accusing me of standing up for Coyle,being a SEM employee ,being a Dingle,being a wum(I don't even know what that means) being Paul senior and my personal favorite,being Owen Coyles son.

We are still scrapping now,my fear is they get the next appointment so wrong that we drop completely like a stone. Now instead of coming at me and saying "well anyone is better than Coyle you wum etc" Give me the name of a sensible appointment who has the skills and experience to get us out of this. 

I think you are right it will be some foreign guy who has worked under DoF as head coach and is happy to work in this structure.

I gave you some names previous and you moaned about them despite them being experience Championship managers 

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Sadly, the Rovers look like the classic relegation recipe at the moment - concede soft goals, struggle to score themselves, and too often on the wrong end of refereeing decisions.  Every relegation I've seen at Ewood since 65-66 has contained all these elements and this season is no different.  We looked every bit as good as Wednesday but conceded our usual two goals from set pieces - when will we learn to defend free-kicks and corners and when will Steele come off his line and dominate the six yard box?  As an attacking force our build up play looked very good until it came to the final third and then we struggled to find the right pass - indeed any sort of pass - that would get Graham in a goalscoring position.  Mahoney looked the pick of our players until he tired and Lenihan had another good game at the back.  Luck certainly wasn't on our side last night and we deserved far more than we got.  However, hard luck stories aren't going to stop us going down.  Something needs to change to give us a chance and with the window firmly shut - not that it was ever open at Ewood - a change of manager and some fresh ideas are about all that might save us.  Sadly, I suspect one of the relegation places already has our name on it.

Lots of noise pre-match on how Rhodes was going to cause us problems Parson, but it's gone very quiet today. How did he do?

We do not need a DoF now or in League 1 next season......and repeat.

Senior is in place to speed up the destruction of Rovers not to restructure of rebuild.

Coyle stays for now to be the fall guy at season end to appease those fans who are still stuck in the trees.

All is going to plan.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The referee was guilty of simulation. He grossly overreacted to Akpan's contact in a deliberate attempt to make the incident appear worse than it was. Why I don't know because he didn't need to stumble backwards in such a theatrical way to justify the red card, unless he wanted to convince a watching assessor in the stands that he was right to act. Or like many referees these days just enjoys being the centre of the performance and couldn't resist the opportunity.

We're in an era of footballers over-reacting and diving all the time and the authorities claim they want to stop it, so to see a League referee doing similar is sickening.

The irony of his theatrics was that up until the start of the season he was a prison officer and used to boast about how he handled difficult situations with volatile inmates. It was reminiscent of Alcocks over reaction when Di Canio laid hands on him.

That said I think the FA will take a dim view of Akpans reaction.

Just now, den said:

Lots of noise pre-match on how Rhodes was going to cause us problems Parson, but it's gone very quiet today. How did he do?

Wednesday season ticket holders in our family all said:

'All he does is score goals? Well if you don't want a number 9 that scores goals and you want someone who runs around and scores no goals you're sorted with Joao'

We'll see how your mate Joao gets on then den, after all you want less goals and more work outside the box, you must love Lowe.

onwards and upwards

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm sorry but I think Johnson and Dunn would give the first team squad a huge lift and Get them better organised as a team structure wise better than Coyle.

I agree we need a Rowett or Jackett but I don't see them coming here working for Venkys.

With Senior as Director of football here and I'm not getting involved in a debate today about whether he should be here or not. Cos He is here full stop. So Senior will probably want a head coach appointment. Could be foreign or British. Maybe some like Kevin McDonald could be appoint. If Foreign it could be Jose Riga or some Europe coach. Just for the record I'm not saying it great or I want this but it what could happen

Wait a second you mention Shearer then Tugay.

No Standout candidate? Rowett or Jackett. experience managers 

Tugay has managerial experience, Shearer didn't.

Neither of the two you mention do it for me. Jackett a lower level Championship manager at best. Rowett inexperienced in a relegation dog fight. NEXT. 

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Wednesday season ticket holders in our family all said:

'All he does is score goals? Well if you don't want a number 9 that scores goals and you want someone who runs around and scores no goals you're sorted with Joao'

We'll see how your mate Joao gets on then den, after all you want less goals and more work outside the box, you must love Lowe.

onwards and upwards

:lol:  my mate Joa, Gav?

Jordan's scored one goal this season Gav, while rovers have scored goals for fun since we lost his "input".

just taking my chance here Gav, cause if he had scored, his fans would have been everywhere today. £9m my backside :)

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The irony of his theatrics was that up until the start of the season he was a prison officer and used to boast about how he handled difficult situations with volatile inmates. It was reminiscent of Alcocks over reaction when Di Canio laid hands on him.

That said I think the FA will take a dim view of Akpans reaction.

The refs reaction was appalling, no doubt "an example" will be made of Akpan. Shame no example was made of Wenger when he got a 4 match ban for a far more vigorous shove with a watching audience in excess of tens of millions!! Far easier to hoof little old Blackburn Rovers I suppose.

Neither of the two you mention do it for me. Jackett a lower level Championship manager at best. Rowett inexperienced in a relegation dog fight. NEXT. 

I'd almost take anyone but Coyle at this juncture! Maybe not Kean but certain Berg, Roy Wegerle or even Ron Manager.

Tugay has managed 23 games in the Turkish League. He managed Sanliurfaspor. Only won 5 games. So you are saying that good enough to come in here and keep us up? really?

Jackett is a Championship manager with loads of experience. And just in case you haven't notice We are in the Bottom 2. He has managed about 5 years in the championship so loads of experience. We need experience not a novice like Tugay.

Rowett came in to Birmingham and kept them up by sorting out the defence and keeping clean sheets. He organised a team and get them tactical structure, that's what we need and what we lack right now.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Tugay has managed 23 games in the Turkish League. He managed Sanliurfaspor. Only won 5 games. So you are saying that good enough to come in here and keep us up? really?

Jackett is a Championship manager with loads of experience. And just in case you haven't notice We are in the Bottom 2. He has managed about 5 years in the championship so loads of experience. We need experience not a novice like Tugay.

Rowett came in to Birmingham and kept them up by sorting out the defence and keeping clean sheets. He organised a team and get them tactical structure, that's what we need and what we lack right now.

In his last job Jackett left Rotherham after 40 days. Played 5 lost 4. That is NOT what we need now. 

I am not convinced on Rowett, but he does seem to be the best of what is out there. Would he come here though is the next question. 

51 minutes ago, 1arC said:

I know we won't get him, but BDS asked for a name to get us out of this mess, so here is one and he has just become available. Mark Warburton.

His plan B is to "do plan A better", regardless of how many times plan A clearly isn't working.

Avoid.

In his last job Jackett left Rotherham after 40 days. Played 5 lost 4. That is NOT what we need now. 

I am not convinced on Rowett, but he does seem to be the best of what is out there. Would he come here though is the next question. 

Yes quit Rotherham over lack of funds to rebuild the squad there, that's why.

Jackett rebuild a squad at Wolves and kept them up. Plus is tactically aware.

Why are you unconvinced by Rowett? look at the job he did at Birmingham on basically zero funds. They were 7th when he left. where are they now with Zola in charge? tell you everything.

Would either come here? Pretty much zero chance. Venkys have zero creditability in the game and don't have a clue how to run us properly and always listened to the wrong advice.

Thats why I said for past few weeks that I expect a Foriegn coach to come in if Coyle leaves. 

Will Coyle leave tho? With these current owners in place I expect no sacking at all

No point having this conversation.

a) Coyle won't get sacked

b.) If they sacked him, they'd appoint some other serial loser/ gimp/ BS merchant

c) It gives everyone false hope. Like talk of a potential takeover, but not quite as bad. Let's face it, we're on a one-way ticket to the conference, everything else is just details. Why are we even bothering any more

d) Fat Barry wears support tights and smells of Camenbert

e) Owen Coyle likes to dress up like a monkey in bellboy gear and bang a little drum whilst riding a tricycle as his missus feeds him bonio treats and donuts

Archived