BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owl in peace

Hi All,

Just popping in to see what everyone's thoughts and predictions are ahead of the game on Tuesday at Hillsborough. From out perspective it's certainly one that we should be winning. However we have struggled to break teams down when they come here and sit in, take Rotherham for example, we needed a late pen to get the 3 points, so that may work in your favour.

As i'm sure you're all aware, we've signed your ex-lad, Jordan Rhodes, as well as Sam Winnall, before we were really struggling to put chances away, costing us a good deal of points. I just hope that we continue the form from Birmingham, although not playing out sparkling best, managed to bag 3 goals and the important 3 points. Just shows what quality strikers bring.

Im expecting us to make a couple of changes to the XI as Carlos loves to rotate. I expect:

Westwood 

Palmer, Lees, Loovens, Fox

Wallace, Bannan, Hutchinson, Reach 

Rhodes, Winnall 

then with like of Fletcher, Forestieri, Hooper on bench we certainly have options in that department.

As for Lucas Joao, he has a lot of potential, just can come across as Bambi on ice at times, hope he gets some game time for you boys.

Lastly, good luck for the reminader of the  season (apart from Tuesday of course) really do hope you get out of the current mess you are in and stay up, along with the Venkys selling up, great club with a hell of a lot of history. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are always capable of scoring and i expect we will again here but although Rovers rarely get really whipped in terms of scoreline there's been a few times we should have. Rhodes will score he has a real habit of putting his former teams to the sword and Weds with their tales up i think this is the good hiding we've not had yet.

Owls 3   Rovers 1 with only 4/500 hundred bothering to trek across. 

Coyle out

Venkys out

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can't see us getting a result here at all. We will park the bus and attempt to hold out for a draw. How early you score will dictate how bad the beating is. 

Stop press, the bus has been sold, it wasn't nailed down

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks Chaddy. Interesting read. Was Roeder head of 'committee' with Gray head coach and Senior doing recruitment. The setup did not last long.

Gray was sacked a month after with their current head coach appointed. 

I have no idea what roles people did but Roeder, Senior and Hill were all on the committee. Maybe working together. 

But they appointed a really good head coach who many people havent heard off tho.

My biggest fear is you sitting in deep, we really do struggle to break teams down and get our passing grove going. I also hope you don't offer any serious threat down the the left, Forestieri, who played in that position last match offers no protection whatsoever, Nsue of Birmingham found himself in a few good positions because of it. Wouldn't surprise me if Reach came in there though, looked good when he came on v Birmingham and nabbed a goal. Wouldn't be surprised to see Abdi come in either. 

We always seem to play Wednesday away in midweek for some reason. I always mean to go down as I went to Uni there and love Sheffield but never get round to it due to the timing.  Do all Wednesday fans still have back perms and tucked in yellow jumpers?

Jordan Rhodes is a fantastic goal scorer and is bound to score at least one against us. Why is Forestieri on the bench. Surely he is your best player. Last season we played PNE at Deepdale and I thought their best player was Reach.

You have a strong side and we are the worst I've seen since watching Rovers in 1951.

Ecclesfield Owl, I don't know how old you are but I've always admired the inventiveness of the Wednesday supporters in their songs. Back in the 1960s they used the opening music to "I can't get no satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones just adding the word "Wednesday" which was so original. And, of course, the brass band that toured everywhere with you.

I reckon you'll stuff us 3-0.

But remember, every dog has its day and we'll be back! 

2 hours ago, EcclesfieldOwl said:

Hi All,

Just popping in to see what everyone's thoughts and predictions are ahead of the game on Tuesday at Hillsborough. From out perspective it's certainly one that we should be winning. However we have struggled to break teams down when they come here and sit in, take Rotherham for example, we needed a late pen to get the 3 points, so that may work in your favour.

As i'm sure you're all aware, we've signed your ex-lad, Jordan Rhodes, as well as Sam Winnall, before we were really struggling to put chances away, costing us a good deal of points. I just hope that we continue the form from Birmingham, although not playing out sparkling best, managed to bag 3 goals and the important 3 points. Just shows what quality strikers bring.

Im expecting us to make a couple of changes to the XI as Carlos loves to rotate. I expect:

Westwood 

Palmer, Lees, Loovens, Fox

Wallace, Bannan, Hutchinson, Reach 

Rhodes, Winnall 

then with like of Fletcher, Forestieri, Hooper on bench we certainly have options in that department.

As for Lucas Joao, he has a lot of potential, just can come across as Bambi on ice at times, hope he gets some game time for you boys.

Lastly, good luck for the reminader of the  season (apart from Tuesday of course) really do hope you get out of the current mess you are in and stay up, along with the Venkys selling up, great club with a hell of a lot of history. 

Welcome first of all. In terms of Tuesday we will get nothing out of this game. 

If we park the bus our only hope is that the Hillsborough faithful get restless. Ala Newcastle. 

Reading your midfield it's frightening that's outside Jones & Fletcher. They will becoming up against akpan & Bennett. 

Hopefully we can nick a goal but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

You don't have a bad striker either. I hope that  you make the prem and Jordan gets a chance and is not treated the way he was at Boro. You have a good manager there unlike our outstanding candidate 

Archived