BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Sutton interview with Graham Hunter

If any of you are into podcasts,Graham Hunter has a pretty interesting football one. His latest interview is with Chris Sutton. It's a two parter with part 2 focusing on the 94/95 championship winning season. Part 1 was really good,part 2 is out tomorrow. Well worth a listen. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It depends on how you want to listen. I use the podcast republic app on an Android phone. If you have an iPhone you can use itunes. If you want to listen on PC or laptop you can use sound cloud,audio boom or directly on Graham Hunters website. 

Thanks for the info. re this podcast.

I am listening using the Tunein app mentioned on another thread yesterday.

COYB

Ya, I didn't realise Duff had such a difficult time up at Newcastle. The fans really didn't take to him and made out ,somehow, that he was billy big bucks. I find that strange as I put Duff down as a real grafter who just loves playing football. He did not have a good time there. Took a huge pay cut to go to Fulham. Fair play because not a lot of player would do that. 

I was disappointed with part 2.  Did not really go into much detail about individuals in the team or Dalglishs style of management. I thought Hunter could have probed a bit more about the atmosphere around that and the club at the time, the fans, the town etc. Sutton spoke very highly of Jack Walker. He said Jack used to phone the players and ask how they and their families are-no football talk. What a change from now. Sutton is a likeable guy though. 

Archived