BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers 14th March 2017

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Players make mistakes all over the pitch all the time yet he gets singled out - doesn't make sense. 

Look at the posts from fans who were at the game - they all said he played well. I've only seen 8 games this season admittedly but he's never let the side down. You can see why successive Rovers managers have always picked him.

Rovers fans have to have a whipping boy, and at the moment it's Jason Lowe.

It's pathetic. 

If you read the thread you'd notice i said it sounded like he had a good game from the commentary who praised him time and again for putting a foot in. I wondered why he only got 5 and he was obviously marked down for a reason as it turns out. Lets be honest he always covers a bit of ground but doesn't always get his foot in and losing the man and leaving gaping spaces was synonymous with him under GB which is why there was a collective sigh of relief when he was shunted to right back.

If he's playing well he'll get the praise from me but running about a lot is only effective if it's done to a plan which fits in with stopping the opposition not giving them holes to exploit. Hopefully we have a gafffer now who can squeeze a bit extra out of Jlowe.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A player that takes the ball flat, never on the turn and never gets his head up when receiving the ball shouldn't be playing in midfield of all places. Football 101.

A player that doesn't seem to exert influence and doesn't talk and give bollockings when needed shouldn't be captain. 

Great engine and at covering other players out of position though.

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Players make mistakes all over the pitch all the time yet he gets singled out - doesn't make sense. 

Look at the posts from fans who were at the game - they all said he played well. I've only seen 8 games this season admittedly but he's never let the side down. You can see why successive Rovers managers have always picked him.

Rovers fans have to have a whipping boy, and at the moment it's Jason Lowe.

It's pathetic. 

I've been to double the amount of games and his criticism seem very fair to me. I didn't go to the Fulham game so if you say he played well I shall take your word for it and well done to him. I hope he becomes a top player and wish him nothing but the best but to say criticism of a player, sorry captain of the club that has been consistently the worst player on the pitch for the majority of games is pathetic is equally pathetic

4 hours ago, donnermeat said:

A player that takes the ball flat, never on the turn and never gets his head up when receiving the ball shouldn't be playing in midfield of all places. Football 101.

A player that doesn't seem to exert influence and doesn't talk and give bollockings when needed shouldn't be captain. 

Great engine and at covering other players out of position though.

What he said

On 3/15/2017 at 2:20 AM, jim mk2 said:

Williams is possibly the worst left back I've seen in a Rovers shirt.  He lacks pace, has no positional sense, and doesn't even get a decent tackle in. Fulham ripped us apart down our left flank in the first half (their No 7 is an excellent player) - they'd clearly identified him as a weakness in the team.

Both Norwich and Fulham carved open the left flank far too easily particularly in the latter stages when a protective wide player had been withdrawn. Williams simply never makes a challenge far less a tackle. Norwich had already hit the post from an unchallenged run into the box before another easy run and cross was converted to make it 2-1. From the amount of play Fulham directed down their right flank it is clear they were targetting this weakness and I suspect it can only be rectified by putting Mulgrew in there despite his lack of pace.

So I am a little bit late to the party on this and I must say this was a fantastic result. We started incredibly slowly and really did not produce too much in the first half, other than Conway's first half shot that is about it.

I can't believe how much better the structure of the team is with TM in charge we looks like a different team. The other thing to note is that when he made changes to the system and to personal they really made a difference and I felt that the players believe in what he was doing because he was making them with conviction.

I genuinely feel that on the balance of play and from what I remember, probably being slightly biased is that this is a fair(ish) result and one I felt that the players and fans deserved.

On a side note, I must say that the fans were fantastic! For the 800+ who attended and especially those form Blackburn, fair play and I think you were rewarded with a decent game!

Archived