BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers 14th March 2017

The word resolute keeps springing to mind and I can't remember the last time I used that word when describing a Rovers performance. Alongside this was organisation, skill and bloody hard work with a real desire from the players. In accord with several others I thought Lowe was terrific. Whilst he will never spray thirty yard passes around but he tackled, harried and pressed like never before. The fans were excellent and being part of the celebrations after our second goal was remarkable. I can't think of a substitution that Mowbray has made that hasn't had a positive impact on the game. We spoke to a knowledgeable Fulham fan on the train back to Euston and he was impressed by Rovers.

There is a long way to go yet and there will be many twists and turns but the renewed optimism brought by Mowbray give me a lot more confidence than I had four weeks ago.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, arbitro said:

The word resolute keeps springing to mind and I can't remember the last time I used that word when describing a Rovers performance. Alongside this was organisation, skill and bloody hard work with a real desire from the players. In accord with several others I thought Lowe was terrific. Whilst he will never spray thirty yard passes around but he tackled, harried and pressed like never before. The fans were excellent and being part of the celebrations after our second goal was remarkable. I can't think of a substitution that Mowbray has made that hasn't had a positive impact on the game. We spoke to a knowledgeable Fulham fan on the train back to Euston and he was impressed by Rovers.

There is a long way to go yet and there will be many twists and turns but the renewed optimism brought by Mowbray give me a lot more confidence than I had four weeks ago.

You could see what the equaliser meant to Lowe by how he celebrated. 

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

To be fair it sounded like Lowe had a good game via the commentary. Gets stick understandably but credit where it's due although paper only rated him 5 i think.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Pity there is no video of you celebrating Tony.  It would have gone viral.

Just now, preston blue said:

Pity there is no video of you celebrating Tony.  It would have gone viral.

You know how it is Mike. Euphoria kicks in and momentarily you become like a delirious twenty something on heat. The adrenalin wore off around 1am on the train back to Manchester and I now feel like an extra in Shaun of the Dead.

Good to meet you last night.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

To be fair it sounded like Lowe had a good game via the commentary. Gets stick understandably but credit where it's due although paper only rated him 5 i think.

Lost his man (cairney) straight down the middle for the first goal.

A few last points that I will throw out there. 

My fulham mate is convinced that Cairney played badly to give us the points. 

Mowbray proves he is a man manager by the fact that Joao looked terrible under Coyle, as did Feeney, and pretty much the whole midfield. Since then Feeney has looked good, as has Joao, Lowe, Steele (Kicking suddenly better), and a few others.

To the Lowe haters, he actually had a solid game last night. He broke up play, did tackle after tackle after tackle, and did set the ball up for Feeney who then handed it to Williams who crossed it in. His celebration said it all, he is a blue and white and I personally would like to keep him here. His work off the ball is actually spot on. 

Celebration by players in front of fans after 2nd goal, courtesy of daughter who was at the game. Some happy bunnies. She says the fans were unbelievable last night.

image.jpeg

Just now, roverstdt said:

A few last points that I will throw out there. 

My fulham mate is convinced that Cairney played badly to give us the points. 

Mowbray proves he is a man manager by the fact that Joao looked terrible under Coyle, as did Feeney, and pretty much the whole midfield. Since then Feeney has looked good, as has Joao, Lowe, Steele (Kicking suddenly better), and a few others.

To the Lowe haters, he actually had a solid game last night. He broke up play, did tackle after tackle after tackle, and did set the ball up for Feeney who then handed it to Williams who crossed it in. His celebration said it all, he is a blue and white and I personally would like to keep him here. His work off the ball is actually spot on. 

Regarding Lowe I've been a big critic of his ( still am to be honest ) but it's his shirt to lose now. Every team needs a mongrel in midfield, maybe he can be ours.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Regarding Lowe I've been a big critic of his ( still am to be honest ) but it's his shirt to lose now. Every team needs a mongrel in midfield, maybe he can be ours.

fbc94671630207988a6357bbc15fcf806c57322f

Mogga has already performed a miracle right there.

It sounds like the game was good for all. Rovers keep their unbeaten run going, and the fans had a good evening. That's a rare statement.

6 games without defeat and Rovers are still only 1 point away from a relegation place. It's frightening that it took so long to get rid of Coyle.

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

It sounds like the game was good for all. Rovers keep their unbeaten run going, and the fans had a good evening. That's a rare statement.

6 games without defeat and Rovers are still only 1 point away from a relegation place. It's frightening that it took so long to get rid of Coyle.

I think we would have been as good as down by now if Coyle had have stayed. It was inevitable that some of the teams around us would have started fighting for their lives.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

With him being out of contract at the end of the season I just think JL will put even more of a shift in 

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think we would have been as good as down by now if Coyle had have stayed. It was inevitable that some of the teams around us would have started fighting for their lives.

Wigan apart every relegation threatened side as hit some sort of form coming Into the business side of the season.. I expect some more  twists and turns yet

4 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Lost his man (cairney) straight down the middle for the first goal.

Typical Lowe then and losing his man has been a speciality of his down the years something one or two who point to his running around a lot seems to miss. Effort always there but absolutely zero football inteligence.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Agree there was only one way we were going under clownpants.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

For someone with "no football intelligence", Lowe was one of the most effective players on the pitch last night

Paper only rated him 5 though and someone informed he was responsible for losing his man that led to a goal. Steaming around catches the eye yet he only rated 5 ?

6 hours ago, Athlete said:

Wigan apart every relegation threatened side as hit some sort of form coming Into the business side of the season.. I expect some more  twists and turns yet

Dont really consider there to be many relegation threatened sides mate, I think Rotherham and Wigan are going down and it's just between us, Forest and Bristol for that last spot. Wolves will get a few more wins and Burton are always nicking a point here and there and getting the odd win. I think our game against Bristol could decide that 3rd relegation spot, and the Forest away game will be important. Bristol have Huddersfield on Friday, so I can see them getting beat, therefore we need to take advantage and get 4 points clear.

Players make mistakes all over the pitch all the time yet he gets singled out - doesn't make sense. 

Look at the posts from fans who were at the game - they all said he played well. I've only seen 8 games this season admittedly but he's never let the side down. You can see why successive Rovers managers have always picked him.

Rovers fans have to have a whipping boy, and at the moment it's Jason Lowe.

It's pathetic. 

Archived