BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Pretty sure he played midfield for us a few times last season as well as left back. 

If we got some new CBs in id have Lenihan involved in midfield I guess but not at the moment as he is needed back there.

I remember Mulgrew playing centre mid twice I think. Pretty sure he got injured one of the games. He is too brittle for midfield. To be honest I think we are all guilty of building Mulgrew up into some superstar. There is a reason why we signed him on a free last season. Good footballer, great free kick taker, but he is a flimsy player at this level I am starting to think. 

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I remember Mulgrew playing centre mid twice I think. Pretty sure he got injured one of the games. He is too brittle for midfield. To be honest I think we are all guilty of building Mulgrew up into some superstar. There is a reason why we signed him on a free last season. Good footballer, great free kick taker, but he is a flimsy player at this level I am starting to think. 

Agreed, his strengths are as mentioned and he's cool and comfy on the ball but took no responsibility when he had it and him and Ward are a pair of pansies more concerned with flicking their hair than sticking their heads in. 

Contrast that to the two Donny centre defenders who marshalled Graham and threw themselves infront of everything coming into their areas. Nyambe I felt a bit sorry for as he was clearly very uncomfortable in that role but the lad always gives it 100%.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agreed, his strengths are as mentioned and he's cool and comfy on the ball but took no responsibility when he had it and him and Ward are a pair of pansies more concerned with flicking their hair than sticking their heads in. 

Contrast that to the two Donny centre defenders who marshalled Graham and threw themselves infront of everything coming into their areas. Nyambe I felt a bit sorry for as he was clearly very uncomfortable in that role but the lad always gives it 100%.

They do like flicking their hair, don't they? Get it bloody cut or wear a proper headband. I don't like centre halves at that kind of stuff. Whatever about wingers and forwards. 

1 hour ago, Salgado Is Still A Hero said:

Mulgrew is a better player in CM, his lack of pace is less noticeable there.

He'll need an out-and-out ball winner alongside him though.

Exactly, Mulgrew should be able to control the game at this level if he plays in midfield, he just needs someone next to him to do the running for him.

2 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Exactly, Mulgrew should be able to control the game at this level if he plays in midfield, he just needs someone next to him to do the running for him.

Only one issue with that; Mr P. Whittingham. 

Funnily enough, I think Lenihan and Mulgrew make for a better CM pairing than a CB partnership. Get two lower league giants as CBs and push both Lenihan and Mulgrew into midfield. That way we have Whitts and Smallwood as backup and Whitts can also play advanced as CAM whenever Dack is not feeling like it.

Just getting two proper defenders in makes our squad look so much more better balance-wise.

On 8/15/2017 at 15:43, Bigdoggsteel said:

They do like flicking their hair, don't they? Get it bloody cut or wear a proper headband. I don't like centre halves at that kind of stuff.

It's all tart and parcel of the game.

Archived