BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ipswich away match thread

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I think it is a little premature to assume that Hurst will not be able to do what Mick McCarthy has done there previously. It is obvious that he was given the job because he had done a very similar one with Shrewsbury albeit a division lower. He had them punching well above their weight and was capable of running a club on a strict budget.

At Shrewsbury he plucked players from lower leagues and he has so far done exactly the same at Ipswich. Edwards, Harrison with Nolan and Nisiala imminent as well as being the latest club linked with Maddison would represent some good business though i imagine they will be financing this with the departure of Waghorn.

Good point in my opinion though obviously could and probably should have been more. What I did like is that Graham and Dack were both clinical with their chances which bodes well to have them off and running already, Palmer was obviously not fully up to speed or comfortable as of yet but am sure he will play his part. Now with Armstrong to come into the team and hopefully a few more signings lined up, I am optimistic of a good season that will have us well away from the drop and potentially flirting in the top half.

Perhaps it's a little premature but as I said hindsight is a wonderful thing, and perhaps you or I will look back on it differently late on in the season. (Let's say we miss out on playoffs or go down by 2 points, this'd definitely be a what if missed chance - or the reverse.) However, whilst these things can't be told with certainty at this stage, that's still the feeling I have about the game based on squad and managerial quality and past performances. 

The Championship is crazy so it is hard to call, however I suspect Ipswich struggling is one of the more likely outcomes. McCarthy did it year in, year out, Hurst main success came last season - and even then they bottled it twice to win something. Agree about Dack and Graham, as well as having options - both are positives to look forward to.